• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peterson: Sherman couldn't handle Cardinals scheme

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this any different than Sherman calling out Revis?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only diff is Sherman had something to back up his argument.

"Stats don't matter" --Patrick Peterson

"I like stats" --Wide receivers who score TD's on PP/

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really outside of Sherman actually had stats to back up his claims. Let Peterson run his mouth all he wants. Time will come for him to back it up and he either will or won't.

As long as he is in that system where he is asked to do so much more and where actual performance stats don't matter, I'm not sure anyone is too worried about him.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman will have SB hangover and Peterson will be lights out next season. I'm thinking 10 INTs. :suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson, a two-time All-Pro -- once at punt returner and once at cornerback -- has played more roles for the Cardinals than Sherman has for the Seahawks. Since 2011, Peterson has been on the field for 520 more snaps than Sherman, including 128 punt returns, 44 offensive snaps and 18 kick returns. Peterson also has 151 solo tackles since 2011 to 138 by Sherman.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson, a two-time All-Pro -- once at punt returner and once at cornerback -- has played more roles for the Cardinals than Sherman has for the Seahawks. Since 2011, Peterson has been on the field for 520 more snaps than Sherman, including 128 punt returns, 44 offensive snaps and 18 kick returns. Peterson also has 151 solo tackles since 2011 to 138 by Sherman.

I'm not sure that helps Petersons argument, but I guess you take what you can get...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that helps Petersons argument, but I guess you take what you can get...

Just copied and pasted from an article. Basically showing his durability and skill set. Defense, offense, special teams. He does it all while staying healthy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just copied and pasted from an article. Basically showing his durability and skill set. Defense, offense, special teams. He does it all while staying healthy.

Really? What does he really contribute on Offense?
And no one has suggested he isn't a better STs player than Sherman (including Sherman I'll assume)... Anyway the point is CB. He isn't as good as Sherman. Not even close. If Az gives him a contract like Sherman rec'd they will regret it. But, they gave Fitz a Calvin type contract even though he's not half the player Calvin is, so maybe they will do it...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChicagoIrish;4972637[B said:
]Seahawks fans are so easily offended[/B] and overly defensive here at the Hoop, seemingly over nothing. lol

Not offended at all, just having fun with it. BloodType49 put a gif that fits how we feel about the whole thing.

8173960.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no one has suggested he isn't a better STs player than Sherman (including Sherman I'll assume)... Anyway the point is CB. He isn't as good as Sherman. Not even close. If Az gives him a contract like Sherman rec'd they will regret it. But, they gave Fitz a Calvin type contract even though he's not half the player Calvin is, so maybe they will do it...

Fitzgerald had a platoon of shit QBs and still put up good numbers. If he had Stafford throwing Hail Marys to him every game he would be putting up Calvin's numbers too. And I think we all realize by now Sherman's stats are better. I'm just pointing out Peterson can do a lot of things on the field. His rookie year he returned 4 punts for TDs including a 99 yard game winner in OT. I never said he was a better corner. He could eventually be better than Sherman and sooner than many of you think.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald had a platoon of shit QBs and still put up good numbers. If he had Stafford throwing Hail Marys to him every game he would be putting up Calvin's numbers too. And I think we all realize by now Sherman's stats are better. I'm just pointing out Peterson can do a lot of things on the field. His rookie year he returned 4 punts for TDs including a 99 yard game winner in OT. I never said he was a better corner. He could eventually be better than Sherman and sooner than many of you think.

Maybe you didn't say he was a better corner, but Peterson himself sure did. That's what this thread is about.

As for the other things he contributes, maybe if he stuck with CB he might do more with it and then he wouldn't have to tell us to ignore those stats.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOOOOM SHAKA LAKA!

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Peterson have more solo tackles because he allows more receptions perhaps?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only caveat about looking at the stats is Sherman's stats are inflated due to him playing with Earl Thomas and in general a great secondary.

I don't mean to diminish Sherman with that statement but clearly Earl Thomas makes him an even better player and his stats would not be as good on any other of the 31 teams.

Which is why football in general it's tough to do statistical analysis on players since there is so many variables that could cause a player too look better or worse than he actually is.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty hilarious the lengths people will go to marginalize Sherman's play.

They think they're being subtle, too, which makes it even funnier.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Peterson have more solo tackles because he allows more receptions perhaps?

Or maybe it's because he gets involved in a play when teams run against Arizona?:noidea:

HighMark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may or may not have a point but you are bringing up a game from 2012 so I hardly think that it is applicable to the conversation.

Since you are a 9ers fan I also know that you are well aware of the fact that the last time that you saw him shadow a WR was the first game of the Seahawks/49ers of last year when he requested to Carroll that he follow Boldin and he held Boldin to 1 catch for 7 yards. But way to try and sneak it past us!

Just as Sherman may or may not excel or struggle with the Cards scheme, Peterson may or may not excel or struggle with the Seahawks scheme. I don't know if he was the physicality or the ability to jam WRs. It is hard to speculate.

My guess is that Peterson is just positioning for a bigger contract but he is barking up the wrong tree with these comments. He is a great athlete, probably one of the very best in the league and an excellent CB but I don't think he is as good of a CB as Sherman at this point.

point taken on the boldin stats from game 1 last year, but you have to admit, the entire team stunk it up that day. Kaepernick had a 20 passer rating, Gore had 16 yards rushing. The 49ers as a team stunk, it wasn't just boldin getting shut down by sherman. In the next matchup Boldin had 6 catches for 93 yards including several nice grabs over crabtree.

In the buffallo game, sherman entered it as a statistical maniac and Johnson shredded him regardless of the fact that no one else on the team was productive. He was lining up all over the field and they were just add hoc'ing it and Fitzpatrick was just dropping back and waiting for Johnson to get open and throwing the ball. And johnson was open, often by six or eight yards. And it was working. Probably because sherman being the studious bastard he is, hadn't seen that before. It really looked like Johnson was running to get open, and not running specific routes. I think that confused sherman. Does that mean he isn't as good as peterson? No, but there might be some truth that one on one on an island with the same defense around them.... sherman would not perform better than peterson.

Thats all, they are both pretty damn good CB's. And sherman has been announcing his greatness for years, so its a match made in heaven. They can piss all over themselves to each others delight.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it's because he gets involved in a play when teams run against Arizona?:noidea:

Are you suggesting Sherman doesn't get involved in running plays? What does he do, trot to the sideline?

:L

A CB getting big solo tackle stats from tackling a lot of running backs would be a symptom of a seriously screwed up defense. I was under the impression that AZ's defense was really good so to answer your question. No.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was suggesting that there can be many reasons why he has more tackles than Sherman and being more involved in stopping the run can be one of them.