• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has level 1 and level 2 infractions coming his way. Probably be susp to start the 2024. With the cheating and the severity of these infractions could be cause to vacate the Natty.

Big 10 would for sure sue

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure why everyone assumes harbaugh has a 0% chance of coming here, allen is richest owner in the league she could shower him with cash

If Pete does in fact stay on as some kind of Front Office consultant, I can't see it happening. If Pete decides to separate completely, I give it a 10% shot. Pete and Jim do not get along, and Jim is definitely the guy to hold a grudge.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pete does in fact stay on as some kind of Front Office consultant, I can't see it happening. If Pete decides to separate completely, I give it a 10% shot. Pete and Jim do not get along, and Jim is definitely the guy to hold a grudge.
A grudge over what? Losing repeatedly? Did pete run the score up on him when he coached Stanford? I cant remember

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A grudge over what? Losing repeatedly? Did pete run the score up on him when he coached Stanford? I cant remember

They'd put on a professional face if the media asked about their relationship as competitors, but I just can't see the two occupying the same office day after day.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the biggest thing RS has had to do since joining the team.

Please don't fuck this up. It's not the same as whiffing on a draft pick.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope it's not Dan Quinn. I don't want another defensive minded coach doing the same shit that Pete did. I really want Gus Johnson or an offensive minded coach. That's what our team is built for at the moment... they have to be salivating at the thought of all the weapons/youth we have on that team...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know some of you guys are happy about this. We will see how this will go and who they will hire as coach. In the present time I would really like to thank Pete and everything he has done for the Seahawks. He should be the mount Rushmore of Seattle sports.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope it's not Dan Quinn. I don't want another defensive minded coach doing the same shit that Pete did. I really want Gus Johnson or an offensive minded coach. That's what our team is built for at the moment... they have to be salivating at the thought of all the weapons/youth we have on that team...
You mean Ben Johnson, Shark? That would be my first choice for sure.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know some of you guys are happy about this. We will see how this will go and who they will hire as coach. In the present time I would really like to thank Pete and everything he has done for the Seahawks. He should be the mount Rushmore of Seattle sports.
Absolutely admire and respect the man but it was just a case of time to move on. We've been stuck in mediocrity for about 5 or so years now. We just need a new direction. Too much talent being wasted. But yeah, thank you to Pete for all he has done for this franchise and city.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely admire and respect the man but it was just a case of time to move on. We've been stuck in mediocrity for about 5 or so years now. We just need a new direction. Too much talent being wasted. But yeah, thank you to Pete for all he has done for this franchise and city.

I've wanted Pete out since the Russ trade but I have nothing but love for the man. He was a tremendous coach for us.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Pete won't be part of the head coaching search and the John Schneider will be given more power. If that is the case then Pete is being put out to pasture and will be a figure head going forward.

I'm sure how I feel about Dan Quinn. On the one hand, Quinn would bring some continuity to the team while also being pretty hands off on the offense. On the other, I'm not sure what Dan can really do with this defense given his similar styles to Pete's defenses.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one damning statistic that told us all we need to know about Pete over the last few years it is this..

Since 2013, Seattle’s ranking in defensive EPA has fallen almost every season: first, third, seventh, seventh, eighth, 15th, 19th, 18th, 22nd, 25th and 29th this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Pete won't be part of the head coaching search and the John Schneider will be given more power. If that is the case then Pete is being put out to pasture and will be a figure head going forward.
Yeah, I just head that on 710. I think it's good news for those who want to hire an offensive minded guy. If Pete was heavily involved in picking his successor, there's probably a much greater chance we get someone more or less in his image.
I'm sure how I feel about Dan Quinn. On the one hand, Quinn would bring some continuity to the team while also being pretty hands off on the offense. On the other, I'm not sure what Dan can really do with this defense given his similar styles to Pete's defenses.
I think I would rather have Vrabel over Quinn.

If there is one damning statistic that told us all we need to know about Pete over the last few years it is this..

Since 2013, Seattle’s ranking in defensive EPA has fallen almost every season: first, third, seventh, seventh, eighth, 15th, 19th, 18th, 22nd, 25th and 29th this season.
Very interesting. I see 2 things in these numbers: declining roster talent from ho-hum drafts most years in the middle to late teens and how difficult it is to sustain the overall roster talent when you have to pay your QB. We just didn't draft well enough after the SB years to make up for the talent we started to lose as Russ got bigger money and guys started heading off elsewhere to get bigger paydays.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting. I see 2 things in these numbers: declining roster talent from ho-hum drafts most years in the middle to late teens and how difficult it is to sustain the overall roster talent when you have to pay your QB. We just didn't draft well enough after the SB years to make up for the talent we started to lose as Russ got bigger money and guys started heading off elsewhere to get bigger paydays.

Certainly paying a QB limits your ability to find players. But the bigger problem was not drafting good players. It's not like we lost a lot of talented players because we couldn't/wouldn't pay them.

Frank Clark is really the only player we lost that was pro bowl level.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly paying a QB limits your ability to find players. But the bigger problem was not drafting good players. It's not like we lost a lot of talented players because we couldn't/wouldn't pay them.

Frank Clark is really the only player we lost that was pro bowl level.
Yeah, I agree that not drafting well hurt the most. We didn't lose the nucleus of the team via free agency like many predicted, but I think the cap space we used to keep those guys also limited our ability to make some free agent recovery shots for missing draft picks. I would also probably say Golden Tate was a bigger loss than Frank Clark just because he (Tate) left via free agency while we traded Clark for a pretty good return.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree that not drafting well hurt the most. We didn't lose the nucleus of the team via free agency like many predicted, but I think the cap space we used to keep those guys also limited our ability to make some free agent recovery shots for missing draft picks. I would also probably say Golden Tate was a bigger loss than Frank Clark just because he (Tate) left via free agency while we traded Clark for a pretty good return.

Agreed for the most part. I would say that most teams with top level QBs don't build through free agency. They build through the draft and smart trades.

IMO, PC/JS got way too cute with their draft picks. I was actually talking to someone about this last night. When Pete came to the Seahawks he had a huge leg up on other teams because he personally knew a lot of the guys coming out of college since their college days. So he pulled a bunch of rabbits out of the hat early on with guys like Kam and Richard and Bobby. But by his 5th year he didn't have that inside knowledge but still felt like he was the prospect whisperer and could find diamonds in the rough. But he didn't.

He loyalty to coaches also probably didn't help.

It sounds like JS is being given the full reins to the team. So we will find out how good or bad he is pretty quickly. IMO, I think he is far more likely to draft a QB than Pete was. I could even see him move up if there was a QB he really liked.