• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pete stays as vp of football ops? Or just an advisor in the coach hunt

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass.

The 49ers were absolutely loaded when he got there. And even though he did win with that loaded roster, he was a such a douchebag that they still let him walk.

Michigan cheated.

I don't think he's interested anyway.

LOL. Michigan cheated is one of the dumber comments I've read when it comes to talking about Harbaugh.

Even if you want to believe that Michigan's "cheating" was a big advantage, it ended before Michigan played ANY of the ranked teams on its schedule.

I doubt he's coming to Seattle but he's clearly a good coach.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pete stays as vp of football ops? Or just an advisor in the coach hunt

I'm guessing this is more of a retirement plan for Pete than moving up up the chain.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fantastic news unless Jody wants to sell the team in which case this is a disaster (edit: @flyerhawk let me know she has to sell the team - so if that's the case bleh, because a new owner will probably re-vamp everything... that makes no sense to me since she could technically 'sell to herself', whatever). That said, assuming she wants to keep the team:

1) Pete is a bit done. He can't motivate or get guys to play for him like a lot of younger coaches in the league. I have not forgotten that Pete is the best coach Seattle probably ever had (maybe exception Holmgren) but like a lot of coaches before retirement they are given too much power and get a little too stuck in their old ways. It happens, it's fine... but it's pretty obvious when it's time. The Pats haven't figured that out yet.

2) It was early enough. This happened fast enough that we can still solicit some cream of the crop coaches.

3) Seattle has a TON of talent on their roster. The team was fed up with the scheme, there wasn't a good locker room presence, and we were running schemes that at this point have no place in the NFL. A shakeup of the coaching staff will change that.

There's a few coaches I wouldn't mind seeing here as HC. I'd immediately look at the Lions OC (Johnson).

As for Pete. I think it was a kind way to let someone go. Companies do this all the time. "Hey, we don't want to fire you, but you should resign or it will come to that. And, we'd still like to keep you around as a consultant (paid or unpaid is TBD)." That's not a football thing, that's a business thing. Hell Disney did it with Lucas (bought out not fired but same thing - and then of course they disregarded all his input anyway lol... and now they're tanking... hopefully that's not what's going to happen with Seattle).

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounded like my grandfather.

"Too many of those Tom Flores types at the Home Depot today. What the hell is going on in this town?"

I'll take that. But, just to be straight - a once upon a time super bowl winner way past his coaching prime turning into the worst coach in team history type - sound better? ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scares me for sure.

The risk of sliding father outweighs the potential to make coaching gains. I'm still going to wait to celebrate until I see who they hire.

Changing coaches is never desirable but sometimes necessary.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul's will requires that she sells the team.

I thought she had a decision to make but she could not sell the team before 2025. Does Paul's will explicitly state she has to sell the team and what legal merit does that have? That seems highly odd to me.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing this is more of a retirement plan for Pete than moving up up the chain.
He is still listed as exec vp of football ops, that isnt mentioned anywhere they took it away from him.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to think the Seahawks have a high candidate setup for this call to be made. Quinn would be the obvious one.

Harbaugh can go run to the Chargers where that POS belongs. Not on this team and city.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lane kiffin fau football GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to think the Seahawks have a high candidate setup for this call to be made. Quinn would be the obvious one.

Harbaugh can go run to the Chargers where that POS belongs. Not on this team and city.

I want Ben Johnson... he'll do damage with the weapons we have on offense. If we bring him in expect lineman as the first pick. It's an offensive league. I don't want another defensive HC.