• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you hop off my dick please. It's getting sore from you riding it all the time.
If you don’t want people constantly commenting on you’re dumb shit, stop posting dumb shit. We’ve been over this...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t want people constantly commenting on you’re dumb shit, stop posting dumb shit. We’ve been over this...

By people you mean you cause you’re the only one riding my dick and by posting dumb shit you mean things you disagree with.

Gotta make sure we are 100% accurate here.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By people you mean you cause you’re the only one riding my dick and by posting dumb shit you mean things you disagree with.

Gotta make sure we are 100% accurate here.
Right, it’s just me, not literally everyone, who thinks you made an ass of yourself again here...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, it’s just me, not literally everyone, who thinks you made an ass of yourself again here...

Well everyone else is having a discussion with me while you’re just here following me around like a puppy, shitting on everything I’m saying.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone else is having a discussion with me while you’re just here following me around like a puppy, shitting on everything I’m saying.
Really? Why does about every other post of yours end with some whining about no one having a discussion with you?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, I wanted Pete to retire and Chris Petersen to get hired as the Seahawks head coach.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is so stupid. the hawks are going to end up with a better record and better ending to this season than last. thats the opposite of downward.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that's a fair point but I think you are smart enough to know that not everyone is the New England Patriots..

Well yes, the Patriots are the exception,.

I'm just throwing this out there because I think it's worth mentioning. But it's far easier to never experience a "downward spiral" when you play the Jets, Bills, and Dophins every season like the Pats do. And every season for 20 years those 3 teams that the Pats play have been mostly hot garbage. There's never been anything like it where one team is always good and the other 3 are almost always terrible, and it's lasted nearly 20 years?! Not to say the Pats haven't had great teams and they are definitely one of the best of all time, but lets face it, if they played in the AFC North against Baltimore and Pittsburgh for all those years their record and division title count would be substantially different because that division has had far better teams and way tougher competition.

My point is that if the Seahawks (or lots of other teams for that matter) played in that AFCE division against the Bills, Dophins and Jets all the time, they probably wouldn't experience a "downward spiral" either. When did Seattle start this so called downward spiral? When the Rams became a force and the Niners started looking better. And it was just a couple years ago that the Cards won 13 games and were a major threat. So clearly competition matters when you are talking about any team's decline or rise. Let the Pats play the Rams twice this season and let the Hawks play the Jets twice and I bet the Pats have two more losses and the Hawks have two more wins. But it is what is, you play who you play. Just saying people need to consider that every team plays vastly different schedules each year than all the other teams. So comparing them straight up is foolish.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just throwing this out there because I think it's worth mentioning. But it's far easier to never experience a "downward spiral" when you play the Jets, Bills, and Dophins every season like the Pats do. And every season for 20 years those 3 teams that the Pats play have been mostly hot garbage. There's never been anything like it where one team is always good and the other 3 are almost always terrible, and it's lasted nearly 20 years?! Not to say the Pats haven't had great teams and they are definitely one of the best of all time, but lets face it, if they played in the AFC North against Baltimore and Pittsburgh for all those years their record and division title count would be substantially different because that division has had far better teams and way tougher competition.

My point is that if the Seahawks (or lots of other teams for that matter) played in that AFCE division against the Bills, Dophins and Jets all the time, they probably wouldn't experience a "downward spiral" either. When did Seattle start this so called downward spiral? When the Rams became a force and the Niners started looking better. And it was just a couple years ago that the Cards won 13 games and were a major threat. So clearly competition matters when you are talking about any team's decline or rise. Let the Pats play the Rams twice this season and let the Hawks play the Jets twice and I bet the Pats have two more losses and the Hawks have two more wins. But it is what is, you play who you play. Just saying people need to consider that every team plays vastly different schedules each year than all the other teams. So comparing them straight up is foolish.

I agree I have talked about it in another thread about the worst divisions infact that one year when the jets had Parcells and Sanchez where they had a good running game (Brian Schottenhimer was the OC) and defense they gave the patriots a TON of trouble. This is also why I mentioned and gave a lot of credit to being able to survive being in a division with Harbough and the 49ers, Arians and the cardinals, and now the rams and McVay.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's been like 15 years but yeah, you are correct. What's your point?

Also, like I stated before, love when people point at the opposing persons teams instead of just adding constructive conversation to the debate. So childish lol.

"You said something bad about my team so I'm gonna say something bad about yours! Waah!"

You're getting called out because your logic is flawed.

A downward spiral indicates a continuing descent. That isn't the case since the S.B. win. You could argue that it WAS a downward spiral until this year, albeit still some very successful seasons so it isn't a very apt description. This year has been an improvement on last, so there has been an "upward spiral" of momentum in since last year.

Details have already been hashed out as to how and why. The team is younger and has a possible very bright future. Downward spiral isn't a good description of the franchise at this time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is so stupid. the hawks are going to end up with a better record and better ending to this season than last. thats the opposite of downward.
But but but.....last year they didn't make the playoffs!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Seahawks are one of 2 teams to have a winning record for the past 7 straight seasons.

One of 2 teams to advance to the divisional round of the playoffs in 5 of the previous 6 seasons.

They have the 2nd most wins over the past 7 years.

But since they aren't the Patriots they must be regressing. I'm ok with 10-6 regressions.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think one would look at his own house, before throwing rocks at another.

This thread was pretty amusing though. Loved hearing how the Seahawks are on a downward spiral because they aren't going to the Super Bowl every year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was pretty amusing though. Loved hearing how the Seahawks are on a downward spiral because they aren't going to the Super Bowl every year.

Nobody said that though.