• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument has been really fluid in this thread. But let's clear it up.

Why do you think the Seahawks are in a downward spiral?

I mean, if you actually read everything you should know my exact stance. But here's what I've been saying this whole thread.

The downward spiral I'm referring to is going from a favorite to win the NFC to missing the playoffs last year. That's called a decline. Regression. Whatever you wanna call it. Y'all keep acting like I'm saying they suck or they are a bad franchise. I'm simply pointing out that they are not as good/successful as they were 4-5 years ago.

From what I saw it's about the downward spiral of the Seahawks under Pete Carroll. Going from 2 straight Super Bowls to not making the playoffs is a regression. They made the playoffs this year. 1 step higher than last year. Congrats. The point is from the Seahawks of 2015-Now is a regression from where they were from 2013-2014. I don't see how that's debatable.

Well yes, the Patriots are the exception, not the rule. And yes, every team goes through a period of regression or mediocrity, but the Seahawks are different in my opinion. They were feared. It wasn't like oh yeah It's Tom Brady, we don't wanna underestimate him, he's the GOAT. No, it was, oh shit, Seattle? Russell Wilson, Legion of Boom, the enormous sound and crowd benefit that we have to battle? It was a SCARY place to play. It was a scary team to play. None of that is the case anymore.

It's not because they aren't making the Super Bowl every year, it's because they can't get past the 2nd round, they missed the playoffs last year and noone is fearing them or playing in Seattle the way they did back in 2013-2014. It's not the same team. Once again, Seahawks aren't a bad team whatsoever. But to say they haven't regressed since their Super Bowl years is not accurate.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not because they aren't making the Super Bowl every year, it's because they can't get past the 2nd round, they missed the playoffs last year and noone is fearing them or playing in Seattle the way they did back in 2013-2014. It's not the same team. Once again, Seahawks aren't a bad team whatsoever. But to say they haven't regressed since their Super Bowl years is not accurate.

How many teams have been to more than 2 conference title games in the last 7 years?

The Seahawks had an all time great defense in 2013-2015. Of course they have regressed. But this thread was specifically referencing a downward spiral. Granted it was from a Niners fan so he sees everything from the bottom of the drain so he might be confused.

The Seahawks have been remarkably consistent over the past 5 years but they have not been able to rise up to serious Super Bowl contender. So they have declined from that point for sure. But they are STILL a playoff team and they are going to have a ton of cap space next year while having one of the best QBs in football. Who knows what that will result in but the situation is far from grim.

IMO, the biggest criticism of Carrol is that he didn't fire Tom Cable sooner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams also used to beat the Seahawks when Seattle was the best team in football and The Rams were terrible. 2 games do not a season make.
Actually it was Fischer's STs that beat Seattle when they were good.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wonder what ole Jeffero is up to now?????

Try harder.

Am I wrong?
Seattle offensively and defensively normally took care of business. Fischer would notouriously pull out some ST trickery and find a way to win.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong?
Seattle offensively and defensively normally took care of business. Fischer would notouriously pull out some ST trickery and find a way to win.

No. You weren't.

It however was a preschool attempt at trolling.

I repete.

TRY HARDER

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You weren't.

It however was a preschool attempt at trolling.

I repete.

TRY HARDER
Don't be so sensitive. It was an accurate statement.
Not everything written unfavorably about the Hawks is trolling. Except in some 12s eyes.
#SensitivityRuinedMen

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phrase 'downward spiral' is technically true but, put in context, very hollow. The substance and reality of the situation is that the Hawks remain a consistently competitive playoff-caliber team-- even last year, their lone season missing the playoffs in the Russell Wilson era, they had a winning record and were still in the hunt as late as the 4th quarter of Week 17 (notwithstanding Blair Walsh's poor kicking costing them at least one if not two wins previous to that game).

This year of course stands out in Pete Carroll's time in Seattle, replacing nine coaches from last season as well as multiple star players while dealing with a couple of personalities that had become locker room cancers. And he did it. The team's s future is again bright.

As a Seahawk fan, what I know is that when I sit to watch a game, PC will be fielding a hyper-competitive squad. And so far at least (nine years and counting), a successful squad too.

I'm good with that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice and Superbowl were the same person.
Some troll had the name '7-9 forever' too.
Might have been the same guy

Damn, talk about the way-back machine. Too bad the boards there are gone. Would love to bump the Kaep as the second coming threads he posted there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phrase 'downward spiral' is technically true but, put in context, very hollow. The substance and reality of the situation is that the Hawks remain a consistently competitive playoff-caliber team-- even last year, their lone season missing the playoffs in the Russell Wilson era, they had a winning record and were still in the hunt as late as the 4th quarter of Week 17 (notwithstanding Blair Walsh's poor kicking costing them at least one if not two wins previous to that game).

This year of course stands out in Pete Carroll's time in Seattle, replacing nine coaches from last season as well as multiple star players while dealing with a couple of personalities that had become locker room cancers. And he did it. The team's s future is again bright.

As a Seahawk fan, what I know is that when I sit to watch a game, PC will be fielding a hyper-competitive squad. And so far at least (nine years and counting), a successful squad too.

I'm good with that.

Downard spiral? Little susie's on the up in Seattle!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong?

He did do that a lot ... Always pulled crazy stuff on us ..

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong?

You're not wrong that their ST often took advantage and caught Seattle off guard once per game late in the rivalry, but 1 special teams play should not decide a game if Seattle's offense was "taking care of business." The ST Louis defense always played us hard and matched up well which made for close games.

So yeah, overall you are pretty wrong, per usual

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong that their ST often took advantage and caught Seattle off guard once per game late in the rivalry, but 1 special teams play should not decide a game if Seattle's offense was "taking care of business." The ST Louis defense always played us hard and matched up well which made for close games.

So yeah, overall you are pretty wrong, per usual
Yes because so many games are decided by more then one score.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I step away from this thread for a few days an the horse was beat to death. I do think it’s funny that a fan of a team says that teams, players and coaches etc aren’t afraid to play in Seattle anymore and that they don’t fear Russel Wilson. #1 The Hawks have been getting everyones best effort because their reputation still exists. #2 Wilson is more dangerous than he’s ever been. #3 If you LISTEN to what teams, coaches and players (not named Rishard Sherman) are saying then you’d know very well that the Seahawks new offensive identity is scaring the shit out the league.

Just think what they may do with all the cap space they have in the offseason and the progression of their secondary.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 playoffs out of 7 seasons. 3 division titles, 2 NFC titles, 2 Superbowl appearances, winning one of them. Top 3 or 4 in wins over the past 7 seasons. I'm not sure exactly what the OP was getting at, but I'll take 7 more years of "downward spiral" if it means another 7 seasons like we just had under Pete Carroll.

3 division titles?

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good stuff bro. Thats almost as good as the other hawks fan saying they were on the "verge" of being a "dynasty".....

Last edited:

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last I checked, yes.

Last I checked going from back to back super bowl years to not making the playoffs last year and not winning the division this year is a downward trend. No dynasty for you!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 division titles?

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good stuff bro. Thats almost as good as the other hawks fan saying they were on the "verge" of being a "dynasty".....
Ya it's hilarious when you cherry pick one single part out of a multi-part statement of Seahawk's accomplishments. And besides, 3 division titles in 7 years is pretty dam good. It's not that easy to win your division year after year. If it were easy then why hasn't the Niners won it since 2012? And you haven't won it again since then. So "lmfao" all you want. Your in no position to judge the Hawks accomplishments in the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era. We've owned the niner's asses since they showed up. Congrats on your one victory against Pete and Russ in 12 tries. Amazing stuff there.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya it's hilarious when you cherry pick one single part out of a multi-part statement of Seahawk's accomplishments. And besides, 3 division titles in 7 years is pretty dam good. It's not that easy to win your division year after year. If it were easy then why hasn't the Niners won it since 2012? And you haven't won it again since then. So "lmfao" all you want. Your in no position to judge the Hawks accomplishments in the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era. We've owned the niner's asses since they showed up. Congrats on your one victory against Pete and Russ in 12 tries. Amazing stuff there.

The 49ers went to a super bowl while pete carroll was the coach of the hawks dude and also won three CONSECUTIVE division titles while Carroll was the coach of the hawks.
You are so smug over 3 division titles in 7 years. 9ers have won 6 division titles in a 7 year span. Of course we have a wee bit more than one super bowl win as well...

The most comical thing about this is how seriously you take yourselves. Its pretty clear I was posting this with a sense of humor about it. Sorry the "dynasty" slipped by.... no dynasty for you! lol