• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers went to a super bowl while pete carroll was the coach of the hawks dude.
You are so smug over 3 division titles in 7 years. 9ers have won 6 division titles in a 7 year span. Of course we have a wee bit more than one super bowl win as well...

The most comical thing about this is how seriously you take yourselves. Sorry the "dynasty" slipped by.... no dynasty for you! lol

Who said anything about a dynasty? You're the one who brought that up. And congrats on your SB's and 6 division titles in 7 years. When were those again? Were you even alive for them? Besides this thread is about some alleged "downward spiral" the Seahawks are currently on, so we aren't talking about games from 3 or 4 decades ago. We're talking about the modern state of the Seahawks under Carroll and with Wilson as their QB. I guess I don't blame you as niner fan for going back to your glory days in the 80's. It's literally all you've got in this debate. But FYI, The niners have been a joke for a few seasons now. This was supposed to be your big year where you showed the league the niners are back. lol, you are 4-11 and about to go 4-12. If you want to talk about "downward spirals" I suggest you start in Santa Clara in that ugly ass stadium you overpaid for. That is where one of the leagues biggest downward spirals has been occurring for 5 years now. But trying to convince Seahawks fans that their team is in a downward spiral after the year we just had, and the kick-ass job Pete Carroll did on avoiding a rebuilding year slump, is just asinine and reeks of trolling in the worst possible way.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about a dynasty? You're the one who brought that up. And congrats on your SB's and 6 division titles in 7 years. When were those again? Were you even alive for them? Besides this thread is about some alleged "downward spiral" the Seahawks are currently on, so we aren't talking about games from 3 or 4 decades ago. We're talking about the modern state of the Seahawks under Carroll and with Wilson as their QB. I guess I don't blame you as niner fan for going back to your glory days in the 80's. It's literally all you've got in this debate. But FYI, The niners have been a joke for a few seasons now. This was supposed to be your big year where you showed the league the niners are back. lol, you are 4-11 and about to go 4-12. If you want to talk about "downward spirals" I suggest you start in Santa Clara in that ugly ass stadium you overpaid for. That is where one of the leagues biggest downward spirals has been occurring for 5 years now. But trying to convince Seahawks fans that their team is in a downward spiral after the year we just had, and the kick-ass job Pete Carroll did on avoiding a rebuilding year slump, is just asinine and reeks of trolling in the worst possible way.

Such the serious hawk fan. lol. Funny you aren't impressed with the 9ers super bowl appearance and three consecutive division titles this decade.... seeing as how "super bowl appearance" and three divisional titles is your claim to glory..... along with your one super bowl win.

P.s. were you alive during the 35 years of fruitless play by the hawks? You won 2 division titles in about 30 years in the AFC... lol... no wonder you are so impressed by this mediocrity.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you aren't impressed with the 9ers super bowl appearance and three consecutive division titles this decade.... seeing as how "super bowl appearance" and three divisional titles is your claim to glory.

Ya, in the recent history that includes Pete Carroll which is what this thread is about. Pay attention. Just so know, you are posting in at thread titled "Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues..." So what the fuck does that have to do with anything that the niners did that predates Pete Carroll?

By the way, Pete Carroll's 9-5 playoff record in Seattle is better by itself than any regular season the niners have had since 2013. And you never won 3 straight division titles this decade either. You won 2. One in 2011 and one in 2012. Since then it's your team that has been on the "downward spiral". More like being sucked into a black hole actually, but "downward spiral" will do.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, in the recent history that includes Pete Carroll which is what this thread is about. Pay attention. Just so know, you are posting in at thread titled "Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues..." So what the fuck does that have to do with anything that the niners did that predates Pete Carroll?

By the way, Pete Carroll's 9-5 playoff record in Seattle is better by itself than any regular season the niners have had since 2013. And you never won 3 straight division titles this decade either. You won 2. One in 2011 and one in 2012. Since then it's your team that has been on the "downward spiral". More like being sucked into a black hole actually, but "downward spiral" will do.

ummm... you were the one that brought up the 9ers... not me.

Ya it's hilarious when you cherry pick one single part out of a multi-part statement of Seahawk's accomplishments. And besides, 3 division titles in 7 years is pretty dam good. It's not that easy to win your division year after year. If it were easy then why hasn't the Niners won it since 2012? And you haven't won it again since then. So "lmfao" all you want. Your in no position to judge the Hawks accomplishments in the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era. We've owned the niner's asses since they showed up. Congrats on your one victory against Pete and Russ in 12 tries. Amazing stuff there.

You said 3 division titles in 7 years was worthy of bragging about. I pointed out the 9ers won three division titles in three years THIS decade and you get all upset. lol. Obviously the "downward spiral" was said in jest.. but yeah the hawks super bowl days are over and your "accomplishments" are still almost nill in comparison to the 9ers who you lost to in the last matchup. Thats why you are angry.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.s. were you alive during the 35 years of fruitless play by the hawks? You won 2 division titles in about 30 years in the AFC... lol... no wonder you are so impressed by this mediocrity.

You should be happy the Hawks weren't in your division back then since we seem to own you guys every year. Since joining the NFC West the Seahawks have won 8 NFCW championships. That's in 16 seasons. So we've won half of all the titles we could since being moved from the AFC. I'd say that's impressive enough on its own.

And ya, I was alive for the entire Hawks existence. Although I really didn't follow them hard-core until 1998 when Warren Moon was their QB.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be happy the Hawks weren't in your division back then since we seem to own you guys every year. Since joining the NFC West the Seahawks have won 8 NFCW championships. That's in 16 seasons. So we've won half of all the titles we could since being moved from the AFC. I'd say that's impressive enough on its own.

And ya, I was alive for the entire Hawks existence. Although I really didn't follow them hard-core until 1998 when Warren Moon was their QB.

yeah I am sure the 9ers wouldn't have won a single super bowl in the 80's and 90's if the two time division champs of the AFC West were around . LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just want to thank the Hawks for showing us what a 7-9 division winner looks like.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm... you were the one that brought up the 9ers... not me.

You said 3 division titles in 7 years was worthy of bragging about. I pointed out the 9ers won three division titles in three years THIS decade and you get all upset. lol. Obviously the "downward spiral" was said in jest.. but yeah the hawks super bowl days are over and your "accomplishments" are still almost nill in comparison to the 9ers who you lost to in the last matchup. Thats why you are angry.

I brought up the niners because you (a niners fan) seems to think the Hawks are in a downward spiral, but meanwhile in your own back yard the niners have been hot garbage for 5 years now.

And again, you haven't won 3 NFWC titles this decade. You only have 2. Learn your own team dude. In the past 10 years you've finished 1st x 2 times, 2nd x 2 times, 3rd x 3 times (including this year), and 4th x 3 times. Actually, you finished 4th more times than you finished first. And if it makes you feel better you did all those 4th place finished consecutively. lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Pete rewarded with another contract. Must say this is his best year of coaching with the amount of turnover on the defense. He should be coach of the year but Nagy will probably win it cause he's done a heck of a job as well.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up the niners because you (a niners fan) seems to think the Hawks are in a downward spiral, but meanwhile in your own back yard the niners have been hot garbage for 5 years now.

And again, you haven't won 3 NFWC titles this decade. You only have 2. Learn your own team dude. In the past 10 years you've finished 1st x 2 times, 2nd x 2 times, 3rd x 3 times (including this year), and 4th x 3 times. Actually, you finished 4th more times than you finished first. And if it makes you feel better you did all those 4th place finished consecutively. lol.

Whats an NFWC title? Is that like when you have less super bowl wins than 12 other NFL teams? First you admonished me for talking about the niners as if it was off topic then you admit to being the first one to bring them up... lol

read it and weep squawk fan...

League championships (5)
Conference championships (6)
  • NFC: 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2012
Division championships (19)
  • NFC West: 1970, 1971, 1972, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2011, 2012
Playoff appearances (26)

Last edited:

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Pete rewarded with another contract. Must say this is his best year of coaching with the amount of turnover on the defense. He should be coach of the year but Nagy will probably win it cause he's done a heck of a job as well.

Earl Thomas didn't look too impressed when he flipped off the seattle bench during a game.

no seriously, I have to give carroll credit for the defense, better than I would have expected.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas didn't look too impressed when he flipped off the seattle bench during a game.

no seriously, I have to give carroll credit for the defense, better than I would have expected.

Yeah, it was a long off season of butting heads trying to get a contract.
I too am impressed with the D. Still a work in progress but way ahead of schedule.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats an NFWC title? Is that like when you have less super bowl wins than 12 other NFL teams? First you admonished me for talking about the niners as if it was off topic then you admit to being the first one to bring them up... lol

read it and weep squawk fan...

League championships (5)
Conference championships (6)
  • NFC: 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2012
Division championships (19)
  • NFC West: 1970, 1971, 1972, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2011, 2012
Playoff appearances (26)

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a big fan of Pete during the Beastmode/Legion of Boom years, but he's done a good job the last two years and has had the team over-achieving in my opinion.

Two complaints:
1. The offense rarely seems to get in sync until midway through the third quarter.
2. Seems to panic and make bad decisions and poor clock management when a quick decision is called for.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wasn't a big fan of Pete during the Beastmode/Legion of Boom years, but he's done a good job the last two years and has had the team over-achieving in my opinion.

Two complaints:
1. The offense rarely seems to get in sync until midway through the third quarter.
2. Seems to panic and make bad decisions and poor clock management when a quick decision is called for.

He's a good coach but to me I've felt the team has under-performed when you consider it has had Wilson at QB and hasn't gotten out of the divisional round since they went to their last Super Bowl.

And what makes it worse is he's the man when it comes to the roster so if he has an over-achieving roster it's because he's had some screw ups in building it.

Again I do think he's a good coach. Players play hard for him and the defense no matter the talent on the roster is usually competent and bad coaches don't make the playoffs nearly every year despite who they have at QB.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two complaints:

I'm pretty sure OP has been banned.