• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps one of the Worst trades in Sports History....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
learn to read people, nobody called it "the worst trade ever" I said it is PERHAPS one of the worst trades in Sports history".

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans be like

B_xVNo3UIAAlb1J.jpg:large

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or more accurately, like.... this guy again

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armchair QB's

Do any of you believe that the Rams were going to cut Bradford on June 1st? Seriously? I am not buying it. It is baffling that is for sure. I really do not know why he felt this trade needed to be done but I am still going to wait and see.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams would have cut Bradford, or traded him. He had a high cap number and they were done with him. The fact that we could not negotiate a better deal is shocking to me, truly shocking. I think Lurie needs to step in right now and stop Chip from further damaging his franchise.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6'6 and 248 Foles can absorb brutal hits, like the blindside in the 3rd game against WSH that nearly caused a riot and the hits to the turf in the 8th game at AZ that broke his collar bone. Now, with that in mind, I'm dumbfounded that Kelly would go for double ACL damaged Bradford. And if Kelly's master plan nabs 6'4, 218 lb Mariota, I predict the rookie will will be slammed to the turf within a few games just like the scampering 6' 2", 222 lb RGIII or the 6', 215 lb Michael Vick.

Of course, Kelly's record shows he's bright and a winner, so I can only hope he's going for a speedy wild cat style offense with key pieces moving in place by August. Such a risky proposition. All he had to do was keep Maclin, Foles, McCoy, and Jackson and build off that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams would have cut Bradford, or traded him. He had a high cap number and they were done with him. The fact that we could not negotiate a better deal is shocking to me, truly shocking. I think Lurie needs to step in right now and stop Chip from further damaging his franchise.

They did trade him.

What is funny is how people are saying how bad this trade is yet all off season they were willing to jettison Foles for an unproven rookie who had a better chance to be a bust than a star in the NFL.....Not saying to did Igg but all offseason and even a lot during he season so many people are saying how Foles was not the answer. When he gets dumped these same fans call it the worst trade in history.

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easily the worst trade in team history, at least in my 40 years or so of following the team.

It may be, but about 50 years ago (1964), the Eagles pulled off a similar trade that still lives in infamy. They swapped quarterbacks with the Redskins, with Sonny Jurgenson going to the Skins in return for Norm Snead. Sonny, who had already established himself as a solid NFL quarterback, went on to enjoy several fine seasons with the Skins, while Snead floundered in his time with the Eagles. I'm not directly comparing Foles and Bradford with Sonny and Snead (who was only 24 at the time), but I hope this trade works out better than that one!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comparison smokey.
<p>I&#39;m a minute (literally a minute) into a Sam Bradford highlight video and he&#39;s already hurt. Repeat: This is a HIGHLIGHT video and he&#39;s hurt</p>&mdash; Tyler Bolton-Fuhrman (@tbfuhrman) <a href="">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easily the worst trade in team history, at least in my 40 years or so of following the team.

It may be, but about 50 years ago (1964), the Eagles pulled off a similar trade that still lives in infamy. They swapped quarterbacks with the Redskins, with Sonny Jurgenson going to the Skins in return for Norm Snead. Sonny, who had already established himself as a solid NFL quarterback, went on to enjoy several fine seasons with the Skins, while Snead floundered in his time with the Eagles. I'm not directly comparing Foles and Bradford with Sonny and Snead (who was only 24 at the time), but I hope this trade works out better than that one!

The difference is that we didn't give up additional draft choices in that move also. Simply the worst trade I can ever remember this team making

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really baffling. Trade McCoy to clear cap space then use more space to get Bradford? This trade just makes the Shady deal moot. I'm just glad the Jets aren't getting Foles to go with Marshall and Revis! If somehow they turn Bradford into MM, (to the Jets), I can live with that.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford has played 7 games the past two seasons and is coming off a serious injury.

Foles has had injuries, but far less serious ones, and had a better season than Bradford ever had.

I understood the idea of ditching Foles for a running QB. This however makes zero sense to me.

I think Sonny Jurgenesen for Norm Snead was worse.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that thinks this trade is the worst in NFL history is a moron. Hell the trade where we raped Arizona was worse than this by a large margin (for Arizona)
Well, I didn't say it was "THE WORST" For many of you that seem to need bifocals, because clearly many of you can't read, I said "PERHAPS, one of the Worst trades in Sports history"
So I guess that just makes me a Semi Moron.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that there is a new deal for Bradford coming and this had to have been discussed while the trade talks were on going. The money is the one thing about this deal that is baffling to me. It is not about trading Foles for Bradford. There is no denying that Bradford is the better QB. It is not about the draft picks either the number of good players after the fourth round is small and we all know it. Giving up the second round pick only hurts us if Bradford does not pan out. If I am reading the parameters correctly they only get our second rounder if he starts 8 games or more. If he starts less than that then things change....we instead get the Rams 4th rounder....if he gets hurt we get their 3rd round pick and we do not give up anything. So it is not as bad as most of you assume it is.

I think some of overvalued Foles and that tends to happen a lot here. We seem to think we weill get more in a trade for our plays and not the other way around. I just can't understand why we would trade for a player in the last year of his contract for so much money. I am still scratching my head on that one.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I didn't say it was "THE WORST" For many of you that seem to need bifocals, because clearly many of you can't read, I said "PERHAPS, one of the Worst trades in Sports history"
So I guess that just makes me a Semi Moron.

Wings.....I was responding to the link when I made my comment. I was not directing it at you.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was Nick Foles? He came onto the scene like wildfire, played lights out and then he regressed a bit before getting hurt.

There was evidence that Foles could be a top 10 QB, and your so close to finding out who he really is and then you trade him.

I thought that was a little dangerous.