• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pens-Sens Game 5 GNT

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think I've ever been more proud of this team. Even if they lose the next game they've shown me something here...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been this proud of my team in a while.

Holy crap, what a performance. Nothing left on the ice. The Pens were monsters tonight, the Sens just kept going.

What a game.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have not been this proud of my team in a while.

Holy crap, what a performance. Nothing left on the ice. The Pens were monsters tonight, the Sens just kept going.

What a game.

The guy with your number deserves some serious praise.

What a player he is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say that LeClaire stole this one. The Senators played well, but LeClaire was out of his mind tonight. First star?

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sens deserved this one, the Pens just couldn't finish.

Leclaire played great.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is exactly how I reacted...a quiet, deflated "no..."

That's how I react everytime the Pens lose in overtime. I usually just sigh, shake my head, and move on to something else. Overtime losses are too bitter to dwell on them.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's safe to say that LeClaire stole this one. The Senators played well, but LeClaire was out of his mind tonight. First star?

I think it's safe to say I was proven wrong by Leclaire tonight. He was incredible.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great desperation by the Sens. By both teams, actually. Both looked like they wanted to win, both goalies were playing out of their mind. Pretty even back-and-forth in OT.

And how nice was it not to see any penalties after the 1st OT?

I know a lot of people are going to say this gives a big advantage to the Sens going home, but if there's one thing I've learned about these Penguins, they can always surprise you and bounce back from heartbreakers. Think Game 6 of last year's final.

Good game Sens and Sens fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say I was proven wrong by Leclaire tonight. He was incredible.

I've always been high on LeClaire's talent. He could just never stay healthy and put it all together. If he stays healthy for a full season, he could do something special.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught the game from the 3rd period on. What an entertaining game. LeClaire was outstanding and both teams with a lot of opportunities. So tough once you get beyond one OT, just fighting to not make mistakes.

Bad luck for the Pens on a deflection.

Who would have thought the Flyers would be the first to close out their series when the playoffs started?

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urkie...are you the one that started the "Conrats Pens" thread when they announced that Leclaire was getting the start?....I was thinking about that while watching the game and I was thinking "watch Leclaire steal this game"....and he did....so what you did in...in effect...was throw a reverse jinx on the Pens.....was an awesome game....I hope the Pens can finish it back in Ottawa....I don't think I could handle a game 7 so early in the play-offs...

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wake up this morning, look at the scores and think: maybe I'm sleeping too much?
Looks like I've missed a lot :(

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Urkie...are you the one that started the "Conrats Pens" thread when they announced that Leclaire was getting the start?....I was thinking about that while watching the game and I was thinking "watch Leclaire steal this game"....and he did....so what you did in...in effect...was throw a reverse jinx on the Pens.....was an awesome game....I hope the Pens can finish it back in Ottawa....I don't think I could handle a game 7 so early in the play-offs...

It was me and I was wrong but there was nothing I could see to suggest Leclaire would play that well. He hasn't played well since the start of the season and this is only his 2nd win in 2010 if you include the season.

But he was great though. At least it gives the Sens a chance to get another game in Ottawa so even if it doesn't go well the fans can give them a standing ovation for the good season they've had.

Reverse jinx? I'm not known for that. :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was me and I was wrong but there was nothing I could see to suggest Leclaire would play that well. He hasn't played well since the start of the season and this is only his 2nd win in 2010 if you include the season.

But he was great though. At least it gives the Sens a chance to get another game in Ottawa so even if it doesn't go well the fans can give them a standing ovation for the good season they've had.

Reverse jinx? I'm not known for that. :D

As I said in that thread, there would be no middle ground. He would either steal it or get shelled.

And all he did was march out there and give the greatest goaltending performance in Sens history. Not bad for your first ever playoff start.

Now which one shows up in game 6?

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I said in that thread, there would be no middle ground. He would either steal it or get shelled.

And all he did was march out there and give the greatest goaltending performance in Sens history. Not bad for your first ever playoff start.

Now which one shows up in game 6?

Hopefully the same one that showed up in game 5...

I think he'll be pretty good again though and I think game 5 showed the Sens aren't going to go down without a fight. The Pens are going to have to play a pretty good game to eliminate them.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear that the desperation level of the Sens last night trumped the killer instinct of the Pens to eliminate. Tomorrow, I think the desperation levels will be much less a disparity, as the Pens will almost be as motivated to not go to a game 7 as the Sens will be to stay alive. Tomorrow night's game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and who has the heart to win.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I forced myself to read through this thread. Blah blah blah good job sens and shit.

I was bar-hopping between OT's...after the goal, I immediately ordered a quad-shot of rum, which, it turns out, is pretty much just a glass of rum. Came home and took a muscle relaxer and ended up in a blissful coma until 2pm. I was having a fantastic dream about decorating cakes until someone called me and I woke up and remembered this game. Obviously, that person is no longer my friend.

Pens need to win tomorrow since they obviously can't take care of shit on Igloo ice.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I forced myself to read through this thread. Blah blah blah good job sens and shit.

I was bar-hopping between OT's...after the goal, I immediately ordered a quad-shot of rum, which, it turns out, is pretty much just a glass of rum. Came home and took a muscle relaxer and ended up in a blissful coma until 2pm. I was having a fantastic dream about decorating cakes until someone called me and I woke up and remembered this game. Obviously, that person is no longer my friend.

Pens need to win tomorrow since they obviously can't take care of shit on Igloo ice.

Loki...be carefull...you may only be 1 vicodin away from Heath Ledgering yourself....