• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2014

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I will take a 2 star OT right now. We need some OT's in this class.

LOL, sounds like you got your wish for Christmas. 6'7" 305 pound OT Charlie Shuman from Virginia has apparently committed to the Lions. Sounds like we'll be getting some depth on the OL with the remaining ships.

Like the kid's size at OT, they must've liked his senior film.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA, Merry Christmas Ritz... Looks like Santa heard your wishes :)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW< apparently the kid gave up full ride at OSU to Run on at PSU. I'm guessing O'Brien is definitely leaving if he's getting kids to give up full rides to run on for him.:lol:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW< apparently the kid gave up full ride at OSU to Run on at PSU. I'm guessing O'Brien is definitely leaving if he's getting kids to give up full rides to run on for him.:lol:

Wow I got a OT and it doesn't count against scholarships this is certainly a early Xmas gift for me. Merry Christmas everyone and may you receive a OT for your present as well :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I got a OT and it doesn't count against scholarships this is certainly a early Xmas gift for me. Merry Christmas everyone and may you receive a OT for your present as well :suds:

It will be a late gift, but we'll get Cohen :suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen seems like he will commit soon which will make me happy. He is ranked as a 3 star in scouts and a 4 star in rivals. I will be REALLY happy happy if we can some how get one of the ND commits to flip either Bars or Nelson.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this today:

With all of the news swirling around the future of head coach Bill O’Brien at Penn State, there’s some positive news coming out of Happy Valley. In a continuing trend, the Nittany Lions seem to still be doing well on the recruiting trail. 4-star offensive lineman Jared Cohen, who decommitted from the University of Maryland over the weekend, is expected to commit to the Nittany Lions.
According to the experts at 247sports.com, Penn State is the favorite to land the coveted recruit.
Cohen is a big body who could add needed size to the Penn State offensive line. The Nittany Lions have already done a great job recruiting for 2014, as the class is ranked in the top-20 by several different recruiting services. Despite the high ranking, the class is missing a star offensive lineman. Noah Beh is the only offensive lineman in the 2014 class.
Heading into the 2014 season, the Nittany Lions will need to add depth on the offensive line, so Cohen would be a big signing.
If Cohen should commit soon, it would continue a recent stretch of great recruiting success for the Nittany Lions. Two weeks ago, Penn State landed coveted defensive tackle recruit Thomas Holley and had a 4-star defensive end, Tarow Barney, sign an official letter of intent.
Currently, the 2014 class consists of 18 recruits. With four players, Barney, Michael O’Connor, De’Andre Thompkins and Antoine White, expected to start classes in January, head coach Bill O’Brien and his staff could have up to four more scholarships available for the 2014 class.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen seems like he will commit soon which will make me happy. He is ranked as a 3 star in scouts and a 4 star in rivals. I will be REALLY happy happy if we can some how get one of the ND commits to flip either Bars or Nelson.

I think ship has sailed on ND kids, thus the offers to Cohen and a couple UvA OL recruits. Cohen is also 4 star in 24/7.

AS for B'OB, like I said, look at what's going on, not what you hear on ESPN. Kids are still jumping on board, no recruit has any concern or panic and no player has expressed any concern. He kept the people who counted in the loop and well informed last year as well.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ship has sailed on ND kids, thus the offers to Cohen and a couple UvA OL recruits. Cohen is also 4 star in 24/7.

AS for B'OB, like I said, look at what's going on, not what you hear on ESPN. Kids are still jumping on board, no recruit has any concern or panic and no player has expressed any concern. He kept the people who counted in the loop and well informed last year as well.

Don't want to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge but OB wouldn't be telling anyone other then his wife if he was thinking of leaving. If a NFL job he likes opens up then he is gone. He has stated that coaching in the NFL is the highest. I hope he stays but we are all guessing on what he is thinking, and what he plans on doing. I hope he is waiting for Belichick to retire and hopefully that won't be for 15+ years and by then he has to must invested in PSU that he decides to stay for life like Joe PA.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge but OB wouldn't be telling anyone other then his wife if he was thinking of leaving. If a NFL job he likes opens up then he is gone. He has stated that coaching in the NFL is the highest. I hope he stays but we are all guessing on what he is thinking, and what he plans on doing. I hope he is waiting for Belichick to retire and hopefully that won't be for 15+ years and by then he has to must invested in PSU that he decides to stay for life like Joe PA.

He turned down Eagles job last year...twice. He was also front runner for Jags job when he took PSU gig. He has also stated he has enjoyed the college game much more than he anticipated he would and has a special needs kid who he's not going to uproot to go just any NFL job. People assume he'd like Detroit, where coaches go to die, since they have a good QB and WR, but is that really a place he wants to raise his family? The ONLY job that would worry me this year would be if the Giants job opened up. He has the program rolling and will be able to pick and choose jobs in a few years.

He kept in touch with the players and recruits every step of way last year and told them there would be a lot of noise out there, but he was going nowhere. Mrs. BOB also really likes Happy Valley and the kid is getting top flight care, those are HUGE factors for BOB.....hell, Joe accepted 2 other jobs before Sue put the foot down.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psu just got a commit OT Wright who decommited from VA.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"IF" B'OB decides to go. I see Robinson leaving for the NFL defiantly then and I see at least 5 commits decommit and go else where.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"IF" B'OB decides to go. I see Robinson leaving for the NFL defiantly then and I see at least 5 commits decommit and go else where.

I think you'd be wrong. A new coach would be in place very quickly and names they are in contact with as backup plans would hold it together, especially the offensive talent. That said, I think BOB stays

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong as well. NO news on B'OB is bad news I feel. All of a sudden we will see Texans hire O'Brien and press conference set for following day. I'm worried and the lack of PSU news is concerning I think.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong as well. NO news on B'OB is bad news I feel. All of a sudden we will see Texans hire O'Brien and press conference set for following day. I'm worried and the lack of PSU news is concerning I think.

No news is good news. If things had broken down, he'd be announced as Texans coach. if you've ever paid attention to how PSU operates, silence is a good thing

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Irony "silence is a good thing"...I am a Penn Stater and graduated 12'. I was there when the scandel broke, but I can't help myself from commenting

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news is good news. If things had broken down, he'd be announced as Texans coach. if you've ever paid attention to how PSU operates, silence is a good thing

Your glass is always half full and mine is half empty. If I am wrong and BOB stays then I am happy, If I am right then it doesn't shock me.

PSU fans like myself are not used to coaching changes so how PSU operates requiring this matter is new for all of us.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Vandy decommits switching to us and more might come. I'm still hoping that Vandy commit 4-star Safety Emmanuel Smith joins the Penn State class.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, what a start for Franklin. Thoughts on how this class fills out. I think he ends up bringing a couple more from vandy, a CB and safety (kid from FLA and Smith (who also has a 4 star bro OLB coming out next year). i also think a few guys may be told you really don't fit what we are doing, if you can find another place, that may be best, but we will honor your ship otherwise, we will help you in any way we can in finding a new place that fits you. If we have more than that available, and depending on who ends up bolting, I think we grab Cohen, a RB who's committed to Vandy and someone who's name we have not heard yet.

Only kid I think we want to keep that may not end up here is Holley, but we will see. If we lose him, we'll more than make up for it next year, and he's not someone who's coming in and playing right away anyhow. He's got very high upside, but is still very raw. Hope he sticks, but if that's our only real loss, so be it.