• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Abuse Scandal

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Reluctant to post this 1) Because it is just a rumor 2) because it is so sick and disturbing 3) because i jumped the gun without checking facts about the missing DA, but here goes.

Rumor floating around that as sick as all the sandusky shit has been so far, that it is only the tip of the iceberg.

Penn State Scandal: Jerry Sandusky Rumored To Have 'Pimped' Boys To Donors: REPORT

^ just picked a random link but this is being reported by a lot of people.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking disgusting if even close to true

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as someone on the main board pointed out...im hesitant to buy into this one -for now- if it were true...wouldn't something about it have been included in the grand jury testimony of the 8 victims?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What... The... Fuck...

That better not be true.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna hope because its on Huffington Post, its not true. If it is, then well, I don't know what should happen. I can't even begin to describe the type of punishment that reign down on all those who are involved.

Also, the McQuery thing has me thinking the Board is just using this as an excuse to get rid of Joe. The Board has been wanting Joe Pa gone for awhile now but couldn't do anything about it. If you remember, they were considering doing the same thing FSU did to Bobby Bowden but chose not to after seeing the backlash. If McQuery is allowed to stay even though he basically did the same thing Joe Pa did (report to superior, not to police), then I don't see how you can draw any other conclusion that they just wanted Joe Pa gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna hope because its on Huffington Post, its not true. If it is, then well, I don't know what should happen. I can't even begin to describe the type of punishment that reign down on all those who are involved.

Also, the McQuery thing has me thinking the Board is just using this as an excuse to get rid of Joe. The Board has been wanting Joe Pa gone for awhile now but couldn't do anything about it. If you remember, they were considering doing the same thing FSU did to Bobby Bowden but chose not to after seeing the backlash. If McQuery is allowed to stay even though he basically did the same thing Joe Pa did (report to superior, not to police), then I don't see how you can draw any other conclusion that they just wanted Joe Pa gone.

The McQuery piece is pretty interesting. Your point about him being allowed to stay is valid. Just as culpable as Paterno as he never went to the police. It's not something you just wash your hands of and say to yourself you did all you could. No... you follow up. When you find out the police have NOT be contacted you need to step up.

Also... if I was McQuery, even if (for whatever reason) I didn't report the crime directly to the police, I would still try to get away from the program somehow. How much interaction did McQuery and Sandusky have after that? If the answer is more than "any" there's something not quite right there.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was told by a co-worker that the whistleblower laws are protecting McQueary from being fired. He may want to seek protection elsewhere before he gets whacked by Sandusky's boys just like the DA did.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the whistle blower laws are in place to protect someone for reporting someone else's wrong doings. They have cause to fire him for the same reasons they fired Joe and it seems McQueary isn't the one who reported all of this recently is he? I put more blame on him than anyone else. He knows what he saw, the rest of the administration had to go by his judgement and what he told them. He was 28 at the time, a grown man, either stop what you saw or call the police to come stop it.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe the whistle blower laws are in place to protect someone for reporting someone else's wrong doings. They have cause to fire him for the same reasons they fired Joe and it seems McQueary isn't the one who reported all of this recently is he? I put more blame on him than anyone else. He knows what he saw, the rest of the administration had to go by his judgement and what he told them. He was 28 at the time, a grown man, either stop what you saw or call the police to come stop it.

He should have to look that kid (grown man now im assume) in the face and explain to him why he didnt bother to help.

Then sent to prison.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have to look that kid (grown man now im assume) in the face and explain to him why he didnt bother to help.

Then sent to prison.

Agreed. Sandusky will have a few new "boys" in prison though. Sex offenders especially children molesters are not liked by other inmates.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they would talk about ANYTHING else on espn for a little while. Just repeating the same crap. I know there are 3 football games tonight, basketball last night, NASCAR news, John Daily going off, and Tiger LEADING the Australian Open. can we get a 10 minute smoke break?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are making up for the fact they all but ignored the story for the first 3 days. Hell, on Saturday and Sunday, it was just a sidestory on their website that didn't even mention sexual abuse. People started calling out their journalistic integrity (and rightly so) so now they're going overboard.