• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Abuse Scandal

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it deserves its own thread.

I can't fucking believe the shit I've read about this. I could barely stomach past page 2 of the Grand Jury statement on the case, but I read the whole thing trying to see if they said where the guilt (beyond the VERY guilty party of course) lies within the PSU athletic department.

It does. Big time. Read it here if your morbid curiosity will get the better of you - http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf (Again, Read at your own risk... gory details of abuse. Wish I hadn't read it. Synopsis - everyone in the PSU AD knew, at some level, that this was going on. There's no other way to interpret it from the statement linked above.)

I just can't believe how this type of behavior is allowed to go on. Beyond firing the assholes who covered it up, I want criminal charges filed. Child abuse wrecks lives. It's nearly impossible for a victim of abuse to live a normal life. The way these victims were cohered, tricked and cornered by Sandusky through his power within the PSU AD is one of the most egregious crimes I've ever heard of in sports. Forget paying players and cheating on tests, these victims will never be that same and someone needs to pay dearly for this.

It is the most deplorable and disgusting crime imaginable. I can't imagine how I would feel if something like this were to happen at Tech. I feel a deep sense of sympathy for the victims and their families, but I also feel sadness for the PSU fans and alumni who were also shocked and betrayed by these crimes. The stigma of this scandal will be with them for many years to come and will completely destroy the legacy of Joe Paterno.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with everything you stated. I can't even read this stuff because it makes me so sick. Sandusky needs to be castrated and tortured in prison for the rest of his life, and as far as I'm concerned, JoePa and MCQueary and everybody else needs to see some prison time too for letting this go on. Disgusting. Can't believe this sort of thing was allowed to go on for another day, much less years.
Another thing that gets me, although it's much less than the outrage I feel over this whole mess, is that fact that JoePa negatively recruited against us for years. I've even heard he called VT a racist school. All the while covering up for a child molester. Geez.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've decided that I will not be following this story closely, largely because I in no way wish to read about any of these accussed acts. As a result, I won't even begin to question who or how at fault those in the Athletic Department are, even those that have resigned. I do hope that fair and legal justice finds those that deserve it.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided that I will not be following this story closely, largely because I in no way wish to read about any of these accussed acts. As a result, I won't even begin to question who or how at fault those in the Athletic Department are, even those that have resigned. I do hope that fair and legal justice finds those that deserve it.

I get that. But, the fact that the crimes are so disgusting that you won't even follow the story is telling. Imagine what it mist have been like for the kids. I can't even begin to imagine.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude is fucked up in the head

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the kind of person that likes to crack jokes about almost anything, regardless of how appropriate it is. But this is just too messed up to do that. If its true, and it probably is, Sandusky is absolutely the scum of the Earth. As for the PSU people involved, it baffles me how you can live with yourself knowing the details and not reporting it to the police.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the whole thing but the part i did read when the GA told Joe Pa he forwarded it to the AD. Not sure the rest of his involvement but isnt that really what he is supposed to do at that point?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm the kind of person that likes to crack jokes about almost anything, regardless of how appropriate it is. But this is just too messed up to do that. If its true, and it probably is, Sandusky is absolutely the scum of the Earth. As for the PSU people involved, it baffles me how you can live with yourself knowing the details and not reporting it to the police.

exactly.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the whole thing but the part i did read when the GA told Joe Pa he forwarded it to the AD. Not sure the rest of his involvement but isnt that really what he is supposed to do at that point?

technically yes....Paterno did the bare minimum that was required of him.

But in real life, that is not at all what he was supposed to do in his situation.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically yes....Paterno did the bare minimum that was required of him.

But in real life, that is not at all what he was supposed to do in his situation.

Yea... there's what the rulebook says, then there's what anyone with a GD conscience would do. If a GA said that to me and I was Paterno, I would tell the AD while I drove to the nearest police station. Sandusky was the figurehead for a CHILDREN'S CHARITY ORGANIZATION! If you get a report that he's raping/abusing boys in YOUR FACILITY you go to the GD cops!!! At the very least!

I would want to burn down his house and drag him through the streets! Forget denying him access to PSU buildings, I would want blood.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea... there's what the rulebook says, then there's what anyone with a GD conscience would do. If a GA said that to me and I was Paterno, I would tell the AD while I drove to the nearest police station. Sandusky was the figurehead for a CHILDREN'S CHARITY ORGANIZATION! If you get a report that he's raping/abusing boys in YOUR FACILITY you go to the GD cops!!! At the very least!

I would want to burn down his house and drag him through the streets! Forget denying him access to PSU buildings, I would want blood.

I understand looking back at it now but when a GA says a guy you have trusted for years and runs a charity is doing something like that you would have a hard time hanging him right then and there. If Joe saw it himself and did nothing else then I would feel the exact same way. I agree that he should have made sure the investigation was more thorough but he trusted this guy. I do understand your point and agree that this guy should be castrated and tortured 100%. My question is how much responsibility does Joe bare. In my opinion the GA should have gone to the police since he was the eye witness but in a moment of shock it is hard to think straight.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand looking back at it now but when a GA says a guy you have trusted for years and runs a charity is doing something like that you would have a hard time hanging him right then and there. If Joe saw it himself and did nothing else then I would feel the exact same way. I agree that he should have made sure the investigation was more thorough but he trusted this guy. I do understand your point and agree that this guy should be castrated and tortured 100%. My question is how much responsibility does Joe bare. In my opinion the GA should have gone to the police since he was the eye witness but in a moment of shock it is hard to think straight.

I too will not be following this very closely. It is VERY disturbing and it really hits home to me because I (like many of you) have young children (with one on the way!) and I can't even imagine a child being put through something like that. If it was a child of mine, there would be blood if I could get my hands on the sick SOB, that's for sure. Although it doesn't do anything to help the victims emotionally/mentally I would expect some MAJOR lawsuits to come out of this. This will tarnish the legacy of JoePA UNLESS his involvement is shown to be definitively less than what they were saying. IMO the only way it wouldn't be (and this according to reports, is already out the door), is if he knew NOTHING. Not that it matters at all in light of this, but I feel like this could be really bad for their athletic programs, at least in the short term. And as far as Sandusky goes...well these kinds of things come back to you when you get to prison..

My prayers go out to the victims..BAD,BAD,BAD

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too will not be following this very closely. It is VERY disturbing and it really hits home to me because I (like many of you) have young children (with one on the way!) and I can't even imagine a child being put through something like that. If it was a child of mine, there would be blood if I could get my hands on the sick SOB, that's for sure. Although it doesn't do anything to help the victims emotionally/mentally I would expect some MAJOR lawsuits to come out of this. This will tarnish the legacy of JoePA UNLESS his involvement is shown to be definitively less than what they were saying. IMO the only way it wouldn't be (and this according to reports, is already out the door), is if he knew NOTHING. Not that it matters at all in light of this, but I feel like this could be really bad for their athletic programs, at least in the short term. And as far as Sandusky goes...well these kinds of things come back to you when you get to prison..

My prayers go out to the victims..BAD,BAD,BAD

I hear what you're saying... but I think the fact that you have young kids is exactly WHY you should follow the story. Inaction, denial and ignorance are the reason why fucktards like Sandusky and priests are able to prey on children. Every time a story like this comes up the response should be deafening so that potential abusers get help before they would ever conceive of trying to get away with a crime.

Blood in the streets. Public execution. I'm pretty liberal myself, but not here. Fuck. That. You prove guilt, that person is done.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quickly becoming a story that you cannot ignore. It's on every sports broadcast and people are upset. I, for one, am having trouble listening to sports radio or watching espn because the story just makes me more and more upset the more I hear about it. JoePa needs to quit now in my opinion. This is starting to be called one of the biggest (if not the biggest) scandal in all of college sports. As a player, I do not know how I could play for Paterno in light of the allegations. I think it's time for him to step down now before Penn State forces him to step down.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just heard a crazy sidenote to this shit on the radio: In 1998 the parent(s) of one of the children went to the campus police, who apparently tried to "sweep it under the rug". A local DA found out about the allegations and thought there was enough evidence to build a case. Shortly after starting interviews and such, he/she was reported missing and finally declared dead last year.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunz... Wtf? Where did you hear that?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are all the scandals in college football these days? Why can't the NBA unveil something bad other than the lockout(i see as a good thing)