• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Baker has the frame to be able to play safety. Maybe he can slot in there.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Baker has the frame to be able to play safety. Maybe he can slot in there.

Maybe the "star"' position, safety/LB hybrid. I think this may leave Kirkland out if anything. I think Bowen is a take regardless, Cooper, Barajas, maybe hold out for Baker or the kid from georgia. We need an outside guy if we take a 4th

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the "star"' position, safety/LB hybrid. I think this may leave Kirkland out if anything. I think Bowen is a take regardless, Cooper, Barajas, maybe hold out for Baker or the kid from georgia. We need an outside guy if we take a 4th

The star is where I've heard people speculating where Baker will play. I agree, Kirkland could very well be the odd man out, which sucks because I think he might be better than Cooper. I also think Bowen is a given if he does indeed want to come here, I would also really like to see Baker. I think he might be the most talented of all the potential LBs.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in favor of 1st come 1st serve until a position is full. It can hurt relationships with schools and even resonate through an area if you try to string along a let 4 star after offering him.

Who's next? Is whitehead going to announce shortly?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in favor of 1st come 1st serve until a position is full. It can hurt relationships with schools and even resonate through an area if you try to string along a let 4 star after offering him.

Who's next? Is whitehead going to announce shortly?

Who knows who's next. If you had told me Barajas and Gonzalez would be out commits this weekend, I'd have just laughed at you. Its only a matter of time with Whitehead, Jenkins had a very pro PSU tweet and DT Adam McLean from Md was having a nice PSU convo with several recruits and Hack.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The star is where I've heard people speculating where Baker will play. I agree, Kirkland could very well be the odd man out, which sucks because I think he might be better than Cooper. I also think Bowen is a given if he does indeed want to come here, I would also really like to see Baker. I think he might be the most talented of all the potential LBs.

I don't know, Cooper is pretty solid as an ILB and helps you with bringing back the PA pride of staying home to play for Nittany Lions. He's also been one hell of a recruiter for us since he committed and follows me on twitter so he is a keeper in my book, LOL

I like Barajas as an LB better than the film I've seen on Baker. Barajas looks ready to play NOW, Baker looks like one hell of an athlete, but his best highlights were on offense. Bowens tape looks a lot like a former Nittany Lion who's having a nice career in the NFL right now, Mr. Bowmann.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Cooper is pretty solid as an ILB and helps you with bringing back the PA pride of staying home to play for Nittany Lions. He's also been one hell of a recruiter for us since he committed and follows me on twitter so he is a keeper in my book, LOL

I like Barajas as an LB better than the film I've seen on Baker. Barajas looks ready to play NOW, Baker looks like one hell of an athlete, but his best highlights were on offense. Bowens tape looks a lot like a former Nittany Lion who's having a nice career in the NFL right now, Mr. Bowmann.

All I can say is I trust coach Franklin to do what he thinks is best, and whatever works for him works for me lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Barajas video, decisive in his reads, quick in pursuit and brings the hammer.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Kirkland will be announcing on May 30. This could get interesting.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Kirkland will be announcing on May 30. This could get interesting.

I think he'll be told no room at the inn if Bowens pulls trigger. Bowens is visiting for Blue-White game with his good buddy Mike Geisecki

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be told no room at the inn if Bowens pulls trigger. Bowens is visiting for Blue-White game with his good buddy Mike Geisecki

If they tell him that, I'm assuming you think we're holding out for Baker correct?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they tell him that, I'm assuming you think we're holding out for Baker correct?

No, just that they really were not expecting Barajas. Already have cooper who plays inside, Barajas who can play either and Bowens will be OLB. We would need another OLB, not an inside and Kirkland is projected inside. In a perfect world I'd love to have all of them, but we need to reload the trenches.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it's worth, in the last day or so, we've went from nothing to the leaders for Adam McLean on the 24/7 Crystal Ball. I believe he's announcing on the first day of his senior year which leaves a lot of time, but for now we look like we're in a good position.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it's worth, in the last day or so, we've went from nothing to the leaders for Adam McLean on the 24/7 Crystal Ball. I believe he's announcing on the first day of his senior year which leaves a lot of time, but for now we look like we're in a good position.

The 2 main guys on 24'7 have been saying all along we were in good shape for him and they are 2 of best in business. He's tight with Mark and Marcus Allen as well as Kamonte Carter. He also seems to really like Hack.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this isn't telling as far as Sterling Jenkins goes, I don't know what is

Adam Friedman ‏@RivalsFriedman 21m
Jenkins also told me he will be visiting #OhioState on April 11 and #PennState on April 12 & May 5. @OhioStateRivals @BWIonRivals

Follow up tweet said second visit was for his parents. Its huge for 2 reasons. First, he was initially supposed to be at OSU for Spring game,is now going day earlier and coming up for ours. Also, the follow up visit seems VERY telling. Come on down Big man!!!:suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this isn't telling as far as Sterling Jenkins goes, I don't know what is

Adam Friedman ‏@RivalsFriedman 21m
Jenkins also told me he will be visiting #OhioState on April 11 and #PennState on April 12 & May 5. @OhioStateRivals @BWIonRivals

Follow up tweet said second visit was for his parents. Its huge for 2 reasons. First, he was initially supposed to be at OSU for Spring game,is now going day earlier and coming up for ours. Also, the follow up visit seems VERY telling. Come on down Big man!!!:suds:

Saw these earlier, certainly looks like it bodes well for our chances. Obviously would be a huge win for CJF.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw these earlier, certainly looks like it bodes well for our chances. Obviously would be a huge win for CJF.

I have thought all along he's PSU bound, this just re-enforces it. Kid said we were on top with BOB and company and when he visited JFF, said we were in even better shape. Those 2 visits will make a total of 4 since the UM game for him.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought all along he's PSU bound, this just re-enforces it. Kid said we were on top with BOB and company and when he visited JFF, said we were in even better shape. Those 2 visits will make a total of 4 since the UM game for him.

Hopefully he can get another guy from his area to get on board soon. *cough* Whitehead *cough*

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can get another guy from his area to get on board soon. *cough* Whitehead *cough*

That's another one who's just a matter of time. Sounds like the idea was kicked around over the weekend. Next time he's on campus he pulls trigger, if not sooner. I think the one guy in state we want who may go elsewhere is Reid. Not getting the best vibes from his reports, but we have some high end VA/MD kids on the hook as well.....all JFF needs to do is reel in the line on them:suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another one who's just a matter of time. Sounds like the idea was kicked around over the weekend. Next time he's on campus he pulls trigger, if not sooner. I think the one guy in state we want who may go elsewhere is Reid. Not getting the best vibes from his reports, but we have some high end VA/MD kids on the hook as well.....all JFF needs to do is reel in the line on them:suds:

Yeah I just read about his ND visit over the weekend, sounds like he had a good time. I'm not giving up on him yet, but I think Franklin would be wise to try and get him on campus soon if he doesn't already have a visit scheduled. Speaking of VA kids, I'd really like Tim Settle, Franklin needs to get him on campus ASAP.