• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLean was a HUGE pickup this early. His offer sheet is ridiculous. Reading twitter it sounds like Burrell may be ready to jump soon. He was at uVA retweeting PSU stuff all day. Also, word is that McLean was already blowing up Settle's phone to come join him

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landing Seattle and McLean now that's nasty. I was a little surprised no one committed during or after the game but I'm not worried with this staff.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLean was a HUGE pickup this early. His offer sheet is ridiculous. Reading twitter it sounds like Burrell may be ready to jump soon. He was at uVA retweeting PSU stuff all day. Also, word is that McLean was already blowing up Settle's phone to come join him

Burrell looks like a PSU lean if I've ever seen one. He was at UVA but his mind seemed to be on PSU from his tweets, he seemed really disappointed he didn't make it to the BW game. Those damn rivals camps

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landing Seattle and McLean now that's nasty. I was a little surprised no one committed during or after the game but I'm not worried with this staff.

Well, McLean came to campus for the game to commit, so they got one on gameday. hard to commit during the game when coach is standing in the middle of the field:laugh3: Sounds like we are now in very solid shape for Newsome, Burrell and there is some talk that a certain 6'8" OT may have pulled trigger but waiting to announce publicly.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, McLean came to campus for the game to commit, so they got one on gameday. hard to commit during the game when coach is standing in the middle of the field:laugh3: Sounds like we are now in very solid shape for Newsome, Burrell and there is some talk that a certain 6'8" OT may have pulled trigger but waiting to announce publicly.

Any idea when he decides to announce publicly?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Run onto the field and commit during halftime :clap:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea when he decides to announce publicly?

Who knows, that's just a rumor going around that he may have told some recruits or coaches he was in. Whenever he feels comfortable with it if so.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commit SaQuan Barkley named MVP of DC Rivals camp today.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Jenkins saying he might visit OSU again, and wants his stepmom to see both campuses before deciding. Maybe his recruitment isn't as over as we hope?!

Things still look good with Whitehead? I'm getting nervous about the PA corners. Missing on both would be a minor disaster, especially since there are no apparent great backup plans.

Edit: I need to remind myself that it is still ridiculously early in the cycle. It feels like August instead of April b/c we already have half the class filled.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Jenkins saying he might visit OSU again, and wants his stepmom to see both campuses before deciding. Maybe his recruitment isn't as over as we hope?!

Things still look good with Whitehead? I'm getting nervous about the PA corners. Missing on both would be a minor disaster, especially since there are no apparent great backup plans.

Edit: I need to remind myself that it is still ridiculously early in the cycle. It feels like August instead of April b/c we already have half the class filled.

Wouldn't worry about it too much. I think we're fine on both PA corners, especially Whitehead. I personally don't see Reid announcing for a while so there's lots of time to strengthen our position with him if need be.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Jenkins twitter feed, its a ton of Pro PSU stuff, I don't see much if anything OSU. He reteweets pics of him and the rest of the commits, says he's very excited about the future of the program and in an article sounded like he's already working another bigtime Tackle to play on opposite side of him. Other commits seem pretty confident he's in. Also, he already has a return PSU visit set, he may set one to OSU if he can fit it in. I know the staff still feels pretty good about Whitehead, he's one who doesn't like to do many interviews though so there aren't a ton of recent quotes from him.

I think we may finish out our OL recruiting with Jenkins, Newsome and Burrell and holy shit, that will be a monster OL class.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may finish out our OL recruiting with Jenkins, Newsome and Burrell and holy shit, that will be a monster OL class.[/QUOTE]

Those 5 would likely be the #1 OL class in the country.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may finish out our OL recruiting with Jenkins, Newsome and Burrell and holy shit, that will be a monster OL class.

Those 5 would likely be the #1 OL class in the country.[/QUOTE]

yeah, could be a Beast of an OL with those guys. JFF is certainly laying teh foundation for a bigtime run in a few years.

McLean was huge. He has offers from everywhere and is a very personable kid. He will be a big help in our continued recruiting efforts. Aside from Settle, he's all over Fullwood, Wimbush and Jenkins.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
Matthew Burr€ll Jr! ‏@__Triumphant 2h
@S_Jenkins72 my man follow me back!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 5 would likely be the #1 OL class in the country.

yeah, could be a Beast of an OL with those guys. JFF is certainly laying teh foundation for a bigtime run in a few years.

McLean was huge. He has offers from everywhere and is a very personable kid. He will be a big help in our continued recruiting efforts. Aside from Settle, he's all over Fullwood, Wimbush and Jenkins.[/QUOTE]

Those guys listed would make for a Big Nasty O-Line and D-Line. That would make for some great battles in practice those guys going against each other.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McLean was huge. He has offers from everywhere and is a very personable kid. He will be a big help in our continued recruiting efforts. Aside from Settle, he's all over Fullwood, Wimbush and Jenkins.

Those guys listed would make for a Big Nasty O-Line and D-Line. That would make for some great battles in practice those guys going against each other.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure our current and potential RB recruits are licking their chops as well. Jenkins is an absolute mountain of a human being and he has the frame to carry much more weight, he's relatively thin at 6'8" If he gets in our weight program, he could be an absolute terror. Newsome looks the part already and is probably the most polished.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys listed would make for a Big Nasty O-Line and D-Line. That would make for some great battles in practice those guys going against each other.

I'm sure our current and potential RB recruits are licking their chops as well. Jenkins is an absolute mountain of a human being and he has the frame to carry much more weight, he's relatively thin at 6'8" If he gets in our weight program, he could be an absolute terror. Newsome looks the part already and is probably the most polished.[/QUOTE]

Hack will need a step ladder to see over our O-line and he is tall at 6'4 :laugh3:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure our current and potential RB recruits are licking their chops as well. Jenkins is an absolute mountain of a human being and he has the frame to carry much more weight, he's relatively thin at 6'8" If he gets in our weight program, he could be an absolute terror. Newsome looks the part already and is probably the most polished.

Hack will need a step ladder to see over our O-line and he is tall at 6'4 :laugh3:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they are never getting stood straight up and are pancaking guys instead :suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spring evaluation period starts today. Coaches are now allowed to go visit schools again. Might see business pick up again.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spring evaluation period starts today. Coaches are now allowed to go visit schools again. Might see business pick up again.

LOL, did you see the tweet from Mike Farrell?? Said Franklin called a recruit at 12:02 am, 2 minutes after contact period started.