• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pdb watch?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
face it if henrique didnt score that goal in game 7 against the panthers everyone on here would be calling for his head.

last nights game had a very eerie feel of the mac era. i know pdb has a bunch of grinders and 3rd liners out there but still it looks like the team has quit on him and the coaching.

ruff?
nolan?

heck if jullien can get fired for having a puck shot at him surely pdb has to know he is under fire here

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shot, just read recently that Lou isn't blaming this on PDB.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
true i doubt he would get the boot. i'm also not blaming him 100% he does have crap to work with. but when you cant even motivate crap then something is up.

just funny that he would fire julien who is doing a heck of a great job and keep this guy who was 1 bad bounce away from never making the finals.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true i doubt he would get the boot. i'm also not blaming him 100% he does have crap to work with. but when you cant even motivate crap then something is up.

just funny that he would fire julien who is doing a heck of a great job and keep this guy who was 1 bad bounce away from never making the finals.

Those were also weird teams during the Julien era though. It seemed like Langs couldn't get a long with any coach we brought in, constantly butting heads, so I bet that figured into Lou's decision making quite a bit.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No chance. Last year's run bought him more than enough cred to get through this season. If this is the result at the end next year, we'll see some changes. I find it much, much more likely that they let one of the assistants go.

Also, it just occured to me that the only times this team missed the playoffs in a decade were the two seasons that Parise wasn't around 1 for injury, 1 for Ryan Suter.

Worst part is, if we're just .500 in shootouts we're still in the playoffs this year.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lack the scoring depth that is required to win games when faced with injuries.. that is why without Kovy we haven't won a game, oh and Moose sucks

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, I would automatically look at the coach during these type of struggles but Pete sold me last year based on the finals run in his first year.... I mean... yeah Henrique saved us in gm 7 but that's hockey... we played like sh*t but it was our "4th" line that brought us back....

I can't look at Petey's head now, that's for sure... I HATE how our PP is right now, even without Kovy the idea/system should remain... it's too much passing and waiting that I wonder if its more on the players on the ice than the coach...

Same time, cant teach oldies by hockey standards to skate faster or put more effort than they're possible.... We really got older from last year and it's apparent for me.

I'll knock around some other coaches on the bench before Petey for now...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all I know it could be PDB's fault, but there are enough variables in the equation for me to say otherwise. If it's a leadership, motivation thing our Captain certainly has not been leading by example. I think the rah rah, give a great speech thing is more a movie/media type of thing. Stevens wasn't a cheerleader as captain, and as far as I know neither was Parise.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually makes me think, I don't believe we have a ton of born leaders on this team. Marty and Kovy are our captains regardless of who is wearing the C, so when those guys miss time we're losing out on the leadership and confidence that comes from 2 of our few real leaders.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see him being fired, but with Lou, you never know.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he gets at least another season. However, hockey head coaches have the shortest shelf lives of any head coaches in the 4 major pro sports.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing to me is, coaches make a difference but I can't see why. These players are grown adults with years of experience, they should be able to pull themselves together. It's laziness on the part of the players, I don't think PDB is at fault. Don't get me wrong, there are coaches out there that could do a better job with what we have, but the gain would be minimal at best. At some point, there has to be talent out there.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with Dabbs and SJ.
Only thing, not all guys are lazy. Shit give me the players playing with half the heart Gionta has for example.

Also, saw a message that Clarkson will be getting up to 6 million this summer. I say later even though I like him. 6 million? Unless he does something amazing consistently the next 8 games to propel this team to the playoffs, he is a goner.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give clarkson 6 million I will choose a new team...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i just have a feeling that lou wont admit defeat.

easily could've got a great package from the leafs for clarkson who would've resigned him instantly. now we lose him in the off season for nothing to them. which btw im 100% fine with. would've been nice to get a prospect or a high draft pick esp since we have squat in albany that can put the puck in the net.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not only about Clarky being possibly overpaid after this season. I think 8 yrs deal for Zajac was a little too much to give him. He is inconsistent in each season and could do much better at least this season for what he is being paid for.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No questions asked Zajac needs to be better. He has been the biggest let down this year by far. I still don't buy that he was only good because of Parise. The things that he was good with but struggling with now have nothing to do with Parise (strong along the boards, winning battles for loose pucks, strong carrying the puck and good puck control). He's just playing with no confidence, maybe Parise gave him that confidence, but he has to figure it out.