• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patton

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It sure does make sense. Would like to see more Ellington also.

the last game he did play offense, but don't think he got the ball? Him playing offense makes sense too. Then let other defenses try to tackle him, without being penalized. :-)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read in the Chron this morning that Stevie Johnson has been hampered with a knee injury suffered in the Denver game. just got to sit them these next couple of weeks.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to see Tank get a lot of reps. Should of been playing awhile ago. Kid looks good. 2 sacks last week. I don't see Patton replacing Crabtree.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless our offense wants to do a better job of designing ways to get Crabtree the ball in space I don't see much drop off between Patton and Crabtree. Open field with the ball Crabtree is light years better, but we never use him for that because why the heck would we cater anything on our offense to someone not named Kaepernick this year?

Outside of what he can do after the catch Crabtree is average at best. He can't beat coverage well enough to get himself open often enough to be a target and he can't beat coverage down the field. He is best suited to a slot receiver role, but to get the most out of him you have to design plays that get him open in the middle of the field with space to catch and run.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless our offense wants to do a better job of designing ways to get Crabtree the ball in space I don't see much drop off between Patton and Crabtree. Open field with the ball Crabtree is light years better, but we never use him for that because why the heck would we cater anything on our offense to someone not named Kaepernick this year?

Outside of what he can do after the catch Crabtree is average at best. He can't beat coverage well enough to get himself open often enough to be a target and he can't beat coverage down the field. He is best suited to a slot receiver role, but to get the most out of him you have to design plays that get him open in the middle of the field with space to catch and run.
Patton could do a better job at the slot than Crabs IMO. The 9ers still need a deep threat WR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patton and Tank ,the two players I thought would have break-out play this season but never happened. Maybe they can show some of their talent these last two games. Tank had two sacks last week.

for me, McDonald and Lemonier too. Didn't expect a LOT of stats from McDonald, but did expect something like Delanie did.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

and is why we'll move on without him.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to see Tank get a lot of reps. Should of been playing awhile ago. Kid looks good. 2 sacks last week. I don't see Patton replacing Crabtree.

I don't know if he can replace Crabtree, but he can't do any worse. I hope I've seen the last of him. He's another overrated 1st rounder. He cannot create any separation. DB's are not fooled by his double moves.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose both games and we have a great shot at WR Parker or CB Peters or CB PJ williams

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lose 2 after this year Cully and Cox. We will need to replace them.

They could lose Cox, but I think they are going to hold on to Culliver. Donate Johnson has looked good and so did Aker in the preseason. Ward will be back too. Not sure if any of these guys will pan out long-term, but that is still alot of young talent that can stick.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WR is more of a dire need than CB. Crabtree will probably be gone and who knows how much Boldin has left, though he has certainly defied the odds. It has been stated numerous times by different posters that Niners need a deep threat. The TE is a big question mark after the humiliating season from VD. Can he bounce back next season? 23 points scored the last three games. That's embarrassing.:L

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to finally sign a top CB in the FA market. I would like to draft a top WR prospect. We should of done last year. Great draft class last year at the WR position.

I had Evans as the best WR and then Watkins. I thought Beckham and Mathews would be good. so far so good with all 3. Watkins had a lot of injuries this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to finally sign a top CB in the FA market. I would like to draft a top WR prospect. We should of done last year. Great draft class last year at the WR position.

I had Evans as the best WR and then Watkins. I thought Beckham and Mathews would be good. so far so good with all 3. Watkins had a lot of injuries this year.

I don't see Balke spending alot on a high priced free agent. The 49ers haven't really done that and the 49ers cap situation doesn't allow it anyway.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we se more of Patton obviously the coaching staff isn't very high on him. I do think we will see tank more not much choice there. It is not like Baalke will say play Patton more or I will fire you. If anything may play him less to piss baalke off.