• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patton Saved the Day!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought that guy was on IR. What a nice surprise!

The Niners' WR coprs is 10 times better than it was when the Niners got stomped in Seattle. And that was the biggest reason they lost IMO.

Crabby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kyle Suckbag.

Patton >>> Any 49er WR in the past 2 years not named Crabtree or Boldin. :D

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if he can keep getting better. If he has a good playoffs 49ers might not grab a WR in the 1st or 2nd rd. This can be big for the 49ers. Imagine production from Crabtree, Boldin and Patton.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's hard not to like the kid. My sense is that he could get a bit more disciplined in his route-running, but as I said in another thread, he just seems like a baller. Kind of the opposite of Jenkins - who, admittedly, had a pretty solid game this week.

I don't think Patton's development does much to affect our need for a WR (or three) in the draft, though. Crabtree is a FA after next year, and will likely be tough to re-sign. Even if we bring Boldin back, it will probably be on a fairly short-term contract. Literally no other WR on our roster has legit upside. We need to get in some young talent, and actually try to groom it. A crazy thought, I realize....

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if we didn't grab a WR within our first 3-4 picks, Crimson.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be shocked if we didn't grab a WR within our first 3-4 picks, Crimson.

Agreed. I'm not necessarily sold on using our first-round pick to grab one (I'm leaning toward CB), but I'd endorse adding two WRs in the first four rounds given our recent success (read: abject failure) in developing WRs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm not necessarily sold on using our first-round pick to grab one (I'm leaning toward CB), but I'd endorse adding two WRs in the first four rounds given our recent success (read: abject failure) in developing WRs.

Yeah, if I had to bet, I'd say we'll use one of our 2s for a WR. You never know what happens on draft day, who drops and who goes higher than anticipated.

CB is also an option, though the position is looking better with the emergence of Brock. And we also get Culliver back next year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
patton2.gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It depends on FA but I can't imagine not drafting a WR and CB within our first 3 picks.

Right now we're looking at Crabtree, Patton, and Baldwin at WR and Cully and Brock at CB since I don't see anyway we keep Rogers at his contract.

I do love what we have in Patton so far and I think he has the makings to be a killer #3 and maybe even a good #2

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think patton is going to be damn good, but we need to re-sign Boldin to whatever he wants for 2-3 years. He is what a 49er is all about, like a damn LB playing WR for us

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if I had to bet, I'd say we'll use one of our 2s for a WR. You never know what happens on draft day, who drops and who goes higher than anticipated.

CB is also an option, though the position is looking better with the emergence of Brock. And we also get Culliver back next year.

Agreed- I would think so too unless they absolutely love a WR in the mid-first and trade up (similar to what they did for Eric Reid last draft). Someone like Evans, Lee, or Benjamin would seem to fit the bill there (Watkins should already be gone). However, the depth in the 2nd is pretty good- especially if Jarvis Landry and a couple others declare too.

Depth at CB is good, so the 49ers should be fine snagging one in the 1st 2 rounds.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on FA but I can't imagine not drafting a WR and CB within our first 3 picks.

Right now we're looking at Crabtree, Patton, and Baldwin at WR and Cully and Brock at CB since I don't see anyway we keep Rogers at his contract.

I do love what we have in Patton so far and I think he has the makings to be a killer #3 and maybe even a good #2

I'd like to see the 49ers re-sign Boldin (perfect fit) to a 1 year deal and then draft a future #2 or potentially #1 WR. Patton is a solid #3 and like you said- maybe even a #2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to draft a DE/NT. We need someone to come in and take J. Smith spot soon.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need to draft a DE/NT. We need someone to come in and take J. Smith spot soon.

I am pretty sure they envision CArradine in his ilk.. However RayMac has started to begun to wear down a bit and I would not be opposed to another DL pick in the 3rd/4th.

Also, anything heard from the the European dude from the summer?

oh and I def agree on the NT need.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget about Ian Williams (played very well before getting hurt) and Dorsey. I don't think its a major need in 2014, but could begin to become one further down the line.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget about Ian Williams (played very well before getting hurt) and Dorsey. I don't think its a major need in 2014, but could begin to become one further down the line.

I actually think he was playing like shit. He got a lot of hype in training camp and the preseason but really didn't perform all that well.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think he was playing like shit. He got a lot of hype in training camp and the preseason but really didn't perform all that well.

I thought he was decent- although Dorsey has been better. The point is- we have depth at NT, so I don't see it as a big need. DE will depend on Tank's development next season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

He did only play in 1 1/2 games so he didn't live up to the training camp hype but he didn't play enough to get a good feel for how he would've done during the season.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Patton move. I'm really looking forward to seeing his progression. I still expect us to grab another WR in the draft, but Patton should be given every opportunity to be a starter eventually.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He did only play in 1 1/2 games so he didn't live up to the training camp hype but he didn't play enough to get a good feel for how he would've done during the season.

Yeah, my expectations got way too high so maybe a little harder on him then what it actually is. Lot of the reports(and there were quite a few) were extremely positive on him. I was expecting him to be great right off the bat.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. I knew it wouldn't last too long.