• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats fans are threatening to stop watching NFL games if the discipline isn't overturned

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawwwwn. I'm sorry were you saying something?

Well its enough Mr. Kraft that your QB was unwilling to cooperate, that alone is worthy of the suspension and the fines you got...Sorry to all you that hugs Bradys nuts (coughpatsfanscough) but simple fact that he refused to offer assistance to a matter that could clear him is just a sign of shady doings. Yeah they call dude the deflator for losing weight, Ha! Only naive Pats fans would buy that bs.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The only people that give a crap about the Patriots banner is Patriot fans.

You guys can throw the banner into a bonfire for all most of us care.

I think it would embarrass Goodell and the NFL that the kickoff to the season on nation-wide TV is marred in this way...

Let's hope that cooler heads prevail on both Goodell's and Krafts part.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would embarrass Goodell and the NFL that the kickoff to the season on nation-wide TV is marred in this way...

I say they settle in a steel cage match, no holds barred.

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Mr. Kraft said this is all very disturbing. I too find it "disturbing". Disturbing that Mr. Kraft is making these comments. He should be ashamed of himself. I am no fan of Goodell. I know nothing about Ted Wells. However, the texts alone prove the Patriots guilt. And the fact that Brady denied knowing someone whom he worked around every day and sent texts to many times says it all. Either Mr. Kraft is blind or extremely naive. I don't think he's naive. The punishment may be the highest in history, in terms of money, but doesn't come close to what the Saints received (losing their coach for a year) with them admitting they had no information to suggest that the coach knew about this. The evidence of Brady's involvement is huge, by comparison. Four games is a light penalty. It should have been a season. His denial of even knowing the equipment guy, combined with the fact that he is the QB and this falls under his jurisdiction says loud and clear that he was involved.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really think you can even get away with that? I'm not sure you can without exposing yourselves to even more possible punishment. The league could absolutely make a pretty valid claim that the franchise and its owner deliberately set out to harm the league via its actions.

Your fans can talk big all they want, its a lame ass bluff and you know it. Perhaps you have missed the unilateral power the commissioner's office has to impose punishment. Here's a great idea your franchise should consider, stop fucking cheating and you wont have to be so pissed off over the punishments handed down to you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really think it would be anything more than a minor blip?

Has Goodell shown any concern for his public image?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think it would be anything more than a minor blip?

Well Considering the NFL could survive a public hanging of a player and still get boffo ratings, probably not.

Has Goodell shown any concern for his public image?

Absolutely. He periodically is grasping for straws.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what Kraft says, if they held a vote today Kraft would vote for his buddy to keep his job.

The owners are making crazy cash and Roger isn't doing anything to hurt or slow that. The only chance Goodell is ousted is if he is caught doing something outside of the office he shouldn't. He gets in legal trouble or has a major gaffe, and he's done. But as long as whatever he is doing is to "protect the game" (quotes because it is questionable if he is doing anything but quieting the outcry) then he is safe.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're assuming he get's through security.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't seem to see your name on the guest list. Is that Godell with one O?"
Lol,......some of US should chip in and supply one of those Minutemen with a musket ball/powder and a bullseye on Roger's back that night.....?!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what Kraft says, if they held a vote today Kraft would vote for his buddy to keep his job.

The owners are making crazy cash and Roger isn't doing anything to hurt or slow that. The only chance Goodell is ousted is if he is caught doing something outside of the office he shouldn't. He gets in legal trouble or has a major gaffe, and he's done. But as long as whatever he is doing is to "protect the game" (quotes because it is questionable if he is doing anything but quieting the outcry) then he is safe.

Why would he lose his job over deflategate? Every team outside of the Patriots love the fact he has suspended Brady and fined the Patriots. The only owner (granted he has a lot of say) is Kraft.... Goodell's job is safe

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........I still think they should raise the {banner} Even if BRADY isn't there in person = have him on the jumbo-tron screen ~live~ giving a speech/pep talk, etc. firing up the players and crowd..........why not.......?!,.......fkk the NFL.........and God-ell....!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he lose his job over deflategate? Every team outside of the Patriots love the fact he has suspended Brady and fined the Patriots. The only owner (granted he has a lot of say) is Kraft.... Goodell's job is safe

agreed. But if Goodell steps on his tongue again, there will be one less vote for him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? I would think if anything it would embarrass the Patriots. Don't want to raise the banner??? OK, I get to sleep earlier that night. Even if it's your own team, does anyone really find watching those interesting anyway???

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I would think if anything it would embarrass the Patriots. Don't want to raise the banner??? OK, I get to sleep earlier that night. Even if it's your own team, does anyone really find watching those interesting anyway???

The opening game to the season marred by controversy? It won't help either side imo.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opening game to the season marred by controversy? It won't help either side imo.

I think it would be worse for the patriots and their fans, by far. A large portion of this country would still watch football regardless and there are a great many fans that would watch just to see an empty stadium for the pats home-opener/SB celebration. The pats organization and their fans are increasingly looking like jokes; kickstarters to pay a fine for a billion dollar entity, deflator is a nickname for a guy losing fat, all these threads started by strongo...

To be honest, I might find more interest in watching a bunch of grown-ups throwing tantrums than the game itself.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The only people that give a crap about the Patriots banner is Patriot fans.

You guys can throw the banner into a bonfire for all most of us care.

Actually the NFL cares, it's becoming a bit of a tradition to kick off the season, no pun intended.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop watching NFL games? So they will go back to doing what they did pre-2000?

Since they have been sold out in Foxborough since the early 90's I'm thinking you might need to adjust that comment.
:scratch:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its enough Mr. Kraft that your QB was unwilling to cooperate, that alone is worthy of the suspension and the fines you got...Sorry to all you that hugs Bradys nuts (coughpatsfanscough) but simple fact that he refused to offer assistance to a matter that could clear him is just a sign of shady doings. Yeah they call dude the deflator for losing weight, Ha! Only naive Pats fans would buy that bs.

Yes sitting in what is basically a deposition for somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 hours and answering every question asked is refusing to offer assistance. :L

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away boy, you bo-ther me !!
700p051dTF4_zpsokuvn2qo.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the NFL cares, it's becoming a bit of a tradition to kick off the season, no pun intended.

Sure. They may care a little. But not nearly enough to let the Patriots blackmail them into caving.