• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns 10/9/2016

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is back. The biggest question this week...will Brady be rusty?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 48 Browns 6

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say even if he is rusty it is the Browns. I mean no better game to knock off that rust than to get to play the Browns. Even a few mistakes won't cost them this game.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Gronk come out to play?
Ready to call missing persons.
What the hell did he do to the hamstring anyway?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any time you see a player with a hamstring injury you have to assume it is going to be a tough road back. They are one of the trickier injuries. They take a long time to heal and you will have times where you feel great and everything seems to be clicking then one wrong step and you have to start the whole process over again. I have had one hamstring injury in my football playing days and it was my least favorite injury. Hurt like heck and flared up 2 more times after I thought it was healed.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time you see a player with a hamstring injury you have to assume it is going to be a tough road back. They are one of the trickier injuries. They take a long time to heal and you will have times where you feel great and everything seems to be clicking then one wrong step and you have to start the whole process over again. I have had one hamstring injury in my football playing days and it was my least favorite injury. Hurt like heck and flared up 2 more times after I thought it was healed.
Good to know.
I didn't think with all of the medical help a pro athlete has it would take this long to come back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know.
I didn't think with all of the medical help a pro athlete has it would take this long to come back.

You would think. Hamstrings though are one of the more complicated muscles in the body. They cross 2 joints, are a long muscle, used as both a flexor and extensor, and are just used for so many things. They are also one of the muscles that people stretch the least but probably should stretch the most. Then because they connect to so many parts of the body they can be hurt in so many ways.

And of course with any injury it all depends on the grade of it. I don't know what they graded Gronk's at but I'm guess with how long it has taken it wasn't just a grade 1 strain. Grade 2 injuries can take up to 8 weeks to fully heal so if that is what he has then yeah I can see why it has been a struggle and why at times things look good then next thing you know he is sidelined again.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say even if he is rusty it is the Browns. I mean no better game to knock off that rust than to get to play the Browns. Even a few mistakes won't cost them this game.

I agree. I do expect some rust. Hey, now that you've seen both of your QB's play.....how are you feeling about it? Talent around them certainly helps the young guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I do expect some rust. Hey, now that you've seen both of your QB's play.....how are you feeling about it? Talent around them certainly helps the young guys.

Well I will tell you I have been a Paxton Lynch fan for a long time. Last November my wife and I took a trip to Vegas and had a couple of hours to waste in the airport so I got online and just started watching some college players. I watched about 8 games of Paxton and I turned to my wife and said "this kid is going to be special but unfortunately the Broncos won't have a chance to draft him because he will go #1 overall." Well thankfully he had a couple of bad games to close out his college career and scouts/teams are a victim of the moment instead of always looking at the entire picture of a player. So he dropped and the Broncos thankfully saw what I saw. So I have been pounding the table for quite some time. I think people on the Bronco board got tired of me talking about this kid.

All that to say I want Lynch to be our starter. Siemian has definitely shocked the heck out of me with how he has played but I still see plenty of limitations in his game. That doesn't mean he can't be a quality starter. You guys see it with Brady that he has some limitations athletically and isn't always the best deep ball QB in the NFL yet will most likely go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game. So again doesn't mean he can't be successful but I just think Lynch is the more gifted player that can do things that just leave you with your jaw on the ground. Either way having two capable QB's on the roster is never a bad thing! I'll take either of them compared to so many of the QB situations around the league.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, BB was not going to have him run all these routes if JB could not throw the ball, it is not worth if for him. Let him play, get some snaps, use a decoy, block for the run. I have no issue with it. NOW, if he is limited this week, I might start to think about it some more. I just think it was BB way of getting him game action, with out all the action....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calling it... First play from Scrimmage either deep to Edelamn or Hogan...

Can't guarantee the Pats won't be called for offensive PI however

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he's gonna be rusty at all. This should be a bloodbath.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Pats will actually be prepared for this one. Even the Browns will beat us if we go out like last week.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of town New England Patriots fans hoping to see Tom Brady’s 2016 debut in Week 5 will have to head out to a local tavern that has the Sunday Ticket. Although TB12’s return will be a big story line for sports media this week, the game will be televised locally in just one market outside of the stations in New England that always broadcast the Pats and the Ohio stations that typically air the Browns. CBS owns the doubleheader this week, and the Steelers-Jets game will be distributed to nearly all neutral markets in the early time slot. While the Pittsburgh-New York tilt is very compelling and will surely be more competitive, I am somewhat surprised the New England game is being virtually ignored. Considering how much press the deflategate saga generated for eighteen months, one would think that Brady’s return from Article 46 exile would make this a showcase program. As if we have not had enough of Fox jamming the Dallas Cowboys down our throat on a weekly basis, now CBS has piled on to our misery. With Dallas hosting an AFC team, this will be one of two times that CBS has an opportunity to broadcast Jerry’s team. The Cowboys-Bengals game will get primary distribution late, broadcast in all or parts of 46 states. Fox has a single game this week, with Atlanta at Denver receiving most of their distribution in the late time slot. The three prime time games are Arizona at San Francisco Thursday night (back on CBS this week), the Giants at Green Bay Sunday night, and Tampa Bay at Carolina next Monday. Jacksonville, Kansas City, New Orleans and Seattle are off with a bye. Please keep in mind there can and most likely will be some changes between now and next Sunday. - See more at: NFL Week 5 Television Coverage: Steelers-Jets, Cowboys-Bengals get Primary Distribution - PatsFans.com

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of town New England Patriots fans hoping to see Tom Brady’s 2016 debut in Week 5 will have to head out to a local tavern that has the Sunday Ticket. Although TB12’s return will be a big story line for sports media this week, the game will be televised locally in just one market outside of the stations in New England that always broadcast the Pats and the Ohio stations that typically air the Browns. CBS owns the doubleheader this week, and the Steelers-Jets game will be distributed to nearly all neutral markets in the early time slot. While the Pittsburgh-New York tilt is very compelling and will surely be more competitive, I am somewhat surprised the New England game is being virtually ignored. Considering how much press the deflategate saga generated for eighteen months, one would think that Brady’s return from Article 46 exile would make this a showcase program. As if we have not had enough of Fox jamming the Dallas Cowboys down our throat on a weekly basis, now CBS has piled on to our misery. With Dallas hosting an AFC team, this will be one of two times that CBS has an opportunity to broadcast Jerry’s team. The Cowboys-Bengals game will get primary distribution late, broadcast in all or parts of 46 states. Fox has a single game this week, with Atlanta at Denver receiving most of their distribution in the late time slot. The three prime time games are Arizona at San Francisco Thursday night (back on CBS this week), the Giants at Green Bay Sunday night, and Tampa Bay at Carolina next Monday. Jacksonville, Kansas City, New Orleans and Seattle are off with a bye. Please keep in mind there can and most likely will be some changes between now and next Sunday. - See more at: NFL Week 5 Television Coverage: Steelers-Jets, Cowboys-Bengals get Primary Distribution - PatsFans.com

or online at VIPBOX. Pretty good picture not many ads.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is the Browns though. So I would say Brady making his debut is canceled out by the fact that this looks more like a minor league throwing session to get ready for the big leagues. Then you add in there are some decent match ups like Vikings/Texans (both winning their division), Jets/Steelers, Ravens/Redskins that probably have more playoff implications than Browns/Patriots I can understand why it is more of a local coverage type game. I think most right now just have it as a foregone conclusion that the Patriots win that game. Maybe shouldn't as anything can happen any given Sunday but if there is one game I would call a lock of who will win it would be that one.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just providing information to the guys who are always looking for a way to see the game outside of NE.

RAWEST

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will not be in mid season form but will lead the Pats to victory.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess it is easy to forget those 2 games. One they got crushed in and the other they had 2 touchdowns in the final 61 seconds to pull out the 1 point win. This is why you can never think you have the victory in hand. On paper this should be a slaughter of at least 20 points. The NFL has a funny way of that not happening as often as one might think.