• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots trade Chandler Jones to Cardinals

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I couldn't be happier. The Cards biggest issue last year was lack of pass rush.

As for Cooper, he has been an injury prone disappointment. Even after his injury issues the Cardinals gave him every chance to stay on the field and he simply underperformed. He is considered very soft for an offense Lineman. Maybe the quick passing new England offense bodes well for him, but he was never going to work in Arizona.

The cards are already on the move to add More depth to the online. They offered a contract to Evan Mathis. Based on Cooper's play, a 34-year-old Mathis is an upgrade believe it or not. Hopefully Mathis takes the deal.

I like it from both sides as has been said.

Pats get something when they might have gotten sweet fuck all next year, and the Cards (my #3 team) pick up a good player.

I predict Cards sweep Seattle next year.... Yup, they even win in Arizona.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I couldn't be happier. The Cards biggest issue last year was lack of pass rush.

As for Cooper, he has been an injury prone disappointment. Even after his injury issues the Cardinals gave him every chance to stay on the field and he simply underperformed. He is considered very soft for an offense Lineman. Maybe the quick passing new England offense bodes well for him, but he was never going to work in Arizona.

The cards are already on the move to add More depth to the online. They offered a contract to Evan Mathis. Based on Cooper's play, a 34-year-old Mathis is an upgrade believe it or not. Hopefully Mathis takes the deal.

They have an offer on the table for Mathis while also having both Schwartz & Andre Smith coming in for visits. The center position will likely be filled in the draft. It's a deep draft for centers, there should be a good prospect available in the third round. I expect the Cards to draft the best CB available with their pick in the first round.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else not being mentioned is the Pats have Dominique Easley, Geneo Grissom and Trey Flowers they're hoping big things from on the DL. If even one of them can be a 6 sack a year player along with the Pats signing of Long, I now give the slighest of edges to NE on this trade.
Many of us were saying a week ago when rumors first started about Jones and trade talks, we'd miss him. A great playerand good team mate. But we knew the reality, next year he'd be out of the price range for NE.
I wish him luck, hope we don't face him. He could track down Brady while crawling.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Long can stay healthy, I would expect him to be a productive rotation player. Expecting anything more from him at this point is unrealistic.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Jones was, NE was not going to to able to afford him. I was fine with the trade. Instead of letting him walk and getting a 3rd, they traded him for a 2nd and an OG who will walk next yr and NE will get another comp pick. Next yr comp picks can be traded. NE has so many guys to extend. HT, Collins, Butler, Sheard. I would rather have those 4 and Flowers or Grissom instead of Jones, Collins, Butler. NE has the depth on the edge, but in NE you play all over the LOS. Long, Flowers, Grissom, Nink, Sheard....they are set. If Long can return to 75% of what he was, they will be even better...or he could be a bust. He is either Moss or Ocho.....Not to mention this draft is deep on the DL. You can get 2nd rd talent in the 4th.

Cooper adds depth on the OL so your starting C is not moved to OG, then OT during the middle of the season. NE was high on him coming out and they hope working with Scar is going to help. He wont be here next yr because he is due a ton of money. NE just drafted Mason and Jackson, so they are set with the interior OL for yrs to come. NE can now draft their OT for the future in this draft. They can also cut Cannon which will give them another 4mill in cap space.

This was a great trade for both teams. I just wish NE got Floyd instead...LOL

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade seems fairly balanced to me. Both teams are dumping players that likely would have been gone in the next year. The Cards get a much needed pass rusher and they have the guys on D that can help Jones keep his act clean. NE gets some needed depth on O-line and back to back picks in the late second round.

As for my take on Cooper, he was looking like an absolute beast in the preseason of his rookie year. Then he broke his leg. He never seemed to get back mentally to where he was before that. If NE can help him get over that mental hurdle he has the talent to be a pretty decent starter.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move made sense for the Patriots in their own Patriots way of handling players and the cap.

Just hate that they had to send Chandler Jones to the NFC West.

Great pick up for the Cards. Looking forward to another smash mouth battle for the division next year.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else not being mentioned is the Pats have Dominique Easley, Geneo Grissom and Trey Flowers they're hoping big things from on the DL. If even one of them can be a 6 sack a year player along with the Pats signing of Long, I now give the slighest of edges to NE on this trade.
Many of us were saying a week ago when rumors first started about Jones and trade talks, we'd miss him. A great playerand good team mate. But we knew the reality, next year he'd be out of the price range for NE.
I wish him luck, hope we don't face him. He could track down Brady while crawling.

Malcom Brown is also decent in the middle. Chris Long doesn't have to carry the line. Still, I won't believe it until I see it.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper was carted of the practice field...looking like the Cards may be on the better end of the deal as of now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper was carted of the practice field...looking like the Cards may be on the better end of the deal as of now.
Maybe just a tad bit premature in your prediction? He was helped off the playing field by trainers. Then placed on a cart to be taken to the locker room. Early reports were possible foot/ankle.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plantar Fascitis is what's being reported. If so, he'll be fine.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just a tad bit premature in your prediction? He was helped off the playing field by trainers. Then placed on a cart to be taken to the locker room. Early reports were possible foot/ankle.
Thus the "as of now" Cooper was almost always injured or not good enough to start, so :noidea:. He never lived up to the use of a 7th over all pick in AZ.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus the "as of now" Cooper was almost always injured or not good enough to start, so :noidea:. He never lived up to the use of a 7th over all pick in AZ.

Posturing for the 1st game? Think this will help AZ to beat the Pats?

Enjoy eating crow, I'll be here to serve.....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it will help the Pats if cooper doesn't play. Dude was a revolving door.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the fuck would I posture? I'm confidant the Cards can beat NE with or without Cooper. I was just saying as of this moment it looks like AZ got the better deal. For all we know Jones could get a career ending injury in training camp and never play a down in AZ. You read too much into things, calm your tits.