• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Play Awesome Defense and Win LIII

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need a game with scores in the 40s but relatively speaking, that game was boring.

Slice it all you want with the great defense angle and yeah, I get it but if you're about to sit down and watch all 6 NE Superbowls...this is the last one you watch. Offensive plays are fun to watch and at least one team making it into the 20s would have been nice.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when some people spent the whole off season moaning how Belichick had cost them last year’s SB, had lost the team in the process, was out of touch with today’s players, and took bets on 2018 being his last season? Good times.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A strong case for Hightower, Gilmore and the O-Line was being made for MVP I agree they should have been in the talks. But like the Heisman the SB MVP award tends to lean heavy toward offense

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when some people spent the whole off season moaning how Belichick had cost them last year’s SB, had lost the team in the process, was out of touch with today’s players, and took bets on 2018 being his last season? Good times.

It wasn't some people, it was me. I still think he's not in touch with today's players, but he's been fortunate enough to find quality players who are willing to take a step bak to the 1990's. His biggest stroke of luck was that Tom Brady made the decision that the team is what's important and everyone else followed his lead.

I still think that he made a serious coaching error sitting Malcolm Butler for the entire SB. It did cost the team the title because he didn't have the guys who could stop the Eagles' passing attack. I truly believe that he could have prevented several passes from being completed in the second half of that game.

I don't expect people to agree with me, these are my beliefs and nothing anyone can say will compel me to believe anything different.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't some people, it was me. I still think he's not in touch with today's players, but he's been fortunate enough to find quality players who are willing to take a step bak to the 1990's. His biggest stroke of luck was that Tom Brady made the decision that the team is what's important and everyone else followed his lead.

I still think that he made a serious coaching error sitting Malcolm Butler for the entire SB. It did cost the team the title because he didn't have the guys who could stop the Eagles' passing attack. I truly believe that he could have prevented several passes from being completed in the second half of that game.

I don't expect people to agree with me, these are my beliefs and nothing anyone can say will compel me to believe anything different.

It wasn't just you BK, it was in the media too.

While I respect your opinion, Butler had to be carried to the hotel, had to be carried to his room, could not make it to team meetings and was still comatose when the bus left for the stadium.
I know...I KNOW...that you do NOT perform your best when hungover.
The kind of hangover Butler had...Maybe luck would have put him in the right place at the right time to make a play.
But as a HC you play the guy that;
A) Followed the rules.
B) Stayed sober.
C) gives you the best chance of winning.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler had to be carried to the hotel, had to be carried to his room, could not make it to team meetings and was still comatose when the bus left for the stadium.
I know...I KNOW...that you do NOT perform your best when hungover.
The kind of hangover Butler had...Maybe luck would have put him in the right place at the right time to make a play.
But as a HC you play the guy that;
A) Followed the rules.
B) Stayed sober.
C) gives you the best chance of winning.

I don't disagree. Looking at pictures and videos of him on the sideline before, during and after the game he didn't look like he was seriously hung over, he appeared to me to be a much better choice than who was trying to play. BB could have put him out there and at least gave him a chance at his own redemption. Everyone makes mistakes whether intentionally or unintentionally. I don't punish others for the mistake of one.

Would you feel the same way if Kraft did the same thing to BB every time he made a mistake??? How about Brady?? We can argue the point until we can't catch a breath, but I think BB over-reacted unnecessarily and it may have cost the Patriots 3 SB Rings in a row.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. Looking at pictures and videos of him on the sideline before, during and after the game he didn't look like he was seriously hung over, he appeared to me to be a much better choice than who was trying to play. BB could have put him out there and at least gave him a chance at his own redemption. Everyone makes mistakes whether intentionally or unintentionally. I don't punish others for the mistake of one.

Would you feel the same way if Kraft did the same thing to BB every time he made a mistake??? How about Brady?? We can argue the point until we can't catch a breath, but I think BB over-reacted unnecessarily and it may have cost the Patriots 3 SB Rings in a row.

Disagree - based on not knowing what really happened.