• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Play Awesome Defense and Win LIII

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by the D.

All anyone was talking about was the rams defense.

Goff spent most of the game getting his ass kicked.

Mission 6 Accomplished..........................on to Lucky 7.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Time Congrats! :suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman gets the MVP....well deserved

10 catches for 147 yards......Rams could not defend him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on joining the big 6 club! Well deserved. Hilarious how many people were claiming the Pats dynasty was over just a month ago.

Great defensive gameplan today. I made myself look pretty stupid by telling people before the game that I thought this was the weakest Pats defense they have had in recent years. Definitely ate some crow there, but hats off to the NE coaching staff. 2nd to none.

Side note... Seein Edelman eat up those short yardage routes gave me a lot of haunting flashbacks to prior years of PITvsNE. Something the Steelers NEVER had answers for.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight weeks ago you could not convince me this team would win the SB. You could not convince me this D was good enough to do so. They played lights out dominated that game. And a special shout out to Ryan Allan his part in this win is bigger than he is given credit for.

And now we say goodbye to Flores

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a lot of people thought this game sucked because of two things really.

1. The Patriots won and the haters can only say that the nd is near for both Brady and BB.

2. Many, many fans hate defensive football games. They want to see shootouts and both teams scoring in the 30s and 40s. If they don't get what they want, then the games suck.

There might have been a third..............the anticipation and thought that the Rams defense would dominate and Brady would spend most of the game the way Goff did. It was the opposite of what people had been led to believe the game would be played. When people expect something to be one way and it turns out another, dealing with that reality is extremely difficult.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The Patriots won and the haters can only say that the nd is near for both Brady and BB.

2. Many, many fans hate defensive football games. They want to see shootouts and both teams scoring in the 30s and 40s. If they don't get what they want, then the games suck.

There might have been a third..............the anticipation and thought that the Rams defense would dominate and Brady would spend most of the game the way Goff did. It was the opposite of what people had been led to believe the game would be played. When people expect something to be one way and it turns out another, dealing with that reality is extremely difficult.
I wouldn't say that the game went opposite, just that Brady was better prepared for it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It made everyone where I was watching say to each other 3-0? 3-3? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE??? :D

There were several plays where you said LA Touchdown and then the Patriots players made a great play to knock the ball away. Great plays.

Made for a super tense game to watch but afterwards it was something to have seen.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It made everyone where I was watching say to each other 3-0? 3-3? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE??? :D

There were several plays where you said LA Touchdown and then the Patriots players made a great play to knock the ball away. Great plays.

Made for a super tense game to watch but afterwards it was something to have seen.

Jason McCourty play in the end zone was a the play of the game.
Game changer.

He could have gone for the ball, he could have gone for the interception, push out of bounds, tackle and cause a fumble.
But to go for Cooks arm and prevent the TD while not getting a pass interference was one of the most heads up plays all day.

Really glad for the McCourty twins to win a SB together.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason McCourty play in the end zone was a the play of the game.
Game changer.

He could have gone for the ball, he could have gone for the interception, push out of bounds, tackle and cause a fumble.
But to go for Cooks arm and prevent the TD while not getting a pass interference was one of the most heads up plays all day.

Really glad for the McCourty twins to win a SB together.

Great, Great play. Yeah. Sure TD

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Note that each of the three potential TDs landed in Brandon Cooks hands. IMO the Pats moved on from him because he couldn't catch anything contested. He didn't disprove that in the Super Bowl.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that each of the three potential TDs landed in Brandon Cooks hands. IMO the Pats moved on from him because he couldn't catch anything contested. He didn't disprove that in the Super Bowl.

Yes, he can. He did for all three teams he has played for. Now, the moment might just be too big for him though. Some just don't have "IT."

JMc was Huge in the endzone on Cooks.

BB isn't paying any WR big $$. That's the biggest reason.

Last edited:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir! F-ing awesome dude!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB isn't paying any WR big $$. That's the biggest reason.
I can't disagree with this statement. However, I was disappointed by what Cooks added to the Pats for what they gave up to get him. I was pleased with what they received from the Rams and the Rams seemed pleased with him. Win, win.