• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Hall 2022

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Daddy Vince Wilfork is the only for sure candidate.

Mankins and Vrabel and Welker all have legitimate reasons to be also. If they do or don't I have no problem with either decision.

Parcells can eat a dick.

Vrabel has 12 receptions as an eligible receiver, all of them touchdowns. Two of those came in Super Bowl victories and as a Pats fan those were super exciting moments in Patriots history. He also played a significant part on the Pats defense that set the tone for the next 20 years.

Not that you don't already know that but I'm just reminiscing a bit.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Welker but he doesn't deserve the same degree of bitterness as Parcels. I actually like Parcels but he screwed the Pats. While Kraft misplayed the situation between the team and him, there wasn't any malice toward Parcells. Parcells did mean malice when he intentionally created drama at the absolute worst time and he intentionally under prepared for what could have been the Pats first Super Bowl. He cared only about himself and ego and didn't care about collateral damage... like maybe more than just Kraft cared if they won that game.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Welker but he doesn't deserve the same degree of bitterness as Parcels. I actually like Parcels but he screwed the Pats. While Kraft misplayed the situation between the team and him, there wasn't any malice toward Parcells. Parcells did mean malice when he intentionally created drama at the absolute worst time and he intentionally under prepared for what could have been the Pats first Super Bowl. He cared only about himself and ego and didn't care about collateral damage... like maybe more than just Kraft cared if they won that game.

I agree Welker is in a completely different stratosphere than Parcells. Great receiver/returner who just couldn't get it done at the ultimate moment(unlike JE11 and the aforementioned Amendola).

The timing of the "leak" that he was going to the Jets was definitely designed to do maximum damage. And the Pats were in that fucking game for a while against what I considered a much better team. Without the bullshit they may have even won and Bledsoe's legacy would be completely different.

That said, Belichick fucked them all back when he resigned as HC of the Jets and went on to greatness with the Pats. Belichick fucked them harder than they fucked us.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick fucked them harder than they fucked us.
....But

He fucked them to their faces between seasons and he wasn't really fucking them, he was un-fucking himself. There's a colossal difference...

However, I believe your point is this... We (the Pats and their fans) won the karma game..

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Welker is in a completely different stratosphere than Parcells. Great receiver/returner who just couldn't get it done at the ultimate moment(unlike JE11 and the aforementioned Amendola).

The timing of the "leak" that he was going to the Jets was definitely designed to do maximum damage. And the Pats were in that fucking game for a while against what I considered a much better team. Without the bullshit they may have even won and Bledsoe's legacy would be completely different.

That said, Belichick fucked them all back when he resigned as HC of the Jets and went on to greatness with the Pats. Belichick fucked them harder than they fucked us.
And they still have problems holding their mud.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One kick to Desmond Howard and that game was too far out of reach.
Otherwise, that game was a LOT closer than the final score shows.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and Parcells created that kind of gutting drama wherever he left.
I don't have the same feelings as for Walker but I'm not putting him on HOF list for NE

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tough choices.
Wilfork, Welker, Mankins, Parcells, Vrabel.

Who would you put in?
I am undecided at this point, One of those 5 over the rest mentioned in the article.

Bill Belichick interview April 2016

"Q: What do you think of Kevin Faulk, Mike Vrabel, and Raymond Clayborn making the Patriots Hall of Fame?

BB: All good. All really good. Clayborn – amazing. Vrabel, Faulk, there's another ten guys you could name too that could easily be considered like [Rodney] Harrison, starting with that, [Bill] Parcells, you can just start throwing names out here. There are a lot of guys that could easily be under consideration that are very worthy Hall of Famers and they probably will be someday."