• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots fans reach pathetic new low of whining

Is this the most pathetic whining about a loss you've ever seen?

• Yes, it's absolutely sad and pathetic and Patriots fans should be ashamed of themselves

• No, it's a pretty standard amount of whining from Patriots fans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, 428 signed so far

thats gotta be the entire pats fan base.

:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's amazing that "some" Pat fans sing the blues and complain about the refs when the Pats lose, but there are also other fans from other teams that do the same.

Many of those same fans though would rip other teams apart for using that excuse of why they lost to the Pats. I get that the officials make mistakes and unfortunately it has been a big part of some games but this is how the NFL has been since the beginning. Like I've already said there are plenty of other penalties or non-calls from the game that helped the Patriots so to sit here and only focus on one side of the equation is just missing the whole picture.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does. And they're usually crippling too.

Your right 4 in 11 games is a lot. Hell it took your guy a whole 5 passes in his last game to equal that

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this "insanity" you speak of? I read several comments today of Pat fans whining about the refs, in the Bronco game. I watched the game and saw several questionable calls on both teams. The reason the Pats lost, was because their defense let them down. It's not the end of the world, it's only one game. I also read several comments from "classy" Pat fans giving the Bronco credit for a good game.
Agree with your points. The insanity I refer to is blanket statements like the thread title, for example. By far, more Pats in here have given props to Denver than the few sore losers who keep on making excuses and suggesting imaginary "if" scenarios.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma is a bitch.

More payback to come from Tuck Rule, spygate, deflategate and lie-gate and who knows what else.

Don't forget headsetgate and deceptiongate... and the gate with having the locker rooms bugged for the opposing teams at their home games.... Although I don't think that one has been proven yet.

But if you ask the Pats, they are just more passionate and "find ways to win" over everyone else in the NFL.
Note to those playing along at home: Find ways to win = blatantly cheating or bending the rules in their favor

Favorite mantra of Pats fans worldwide "You hate us 'cause you ain't us"
Uh, no...
It's because of crap of like this.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of those same fans though would rip other teams apart for using that excuse of why they lost to the Pats. I get that the officials make mistakes and unfortunately it has been a big part of some games but this is how the NFL has been since the beginning. Like I've already said there are plenty of other penalties or non-calls from the game that helped the Patriots so to sit here and only focus on one side of the equation is just missing the whole picture.

I think all fans hate ticky-tacky fouls. Often you can handle those earlier one easier. It's ones at the end of the game that are the most galling.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all fans hate ticky-tacky fouls. Often you can handle those earlier one easier. It's ones at the end of the game that are the most galling.

The ones at the end are remembered more but that doesn't mean the earlier ones don't effect the game just as much. Like I said Broncos driving down the field running all over the Patriots and all of a sudden a holding call on Mathis stopping a very good drive. Let's say they don't call that well maybe the Broncos go on to score a touchdown tying it up and getting a nice boost to the team and crowd. The defensive holding call on Harris at the end of the game is one not talked about but that helped get the Pats in field goal range and stop the clock. The missed hold call where Shane Ray came right around the corner getting ready to grab Brady but is grabbed from behind stopping him from getting to Brady allowing that 4th Quarter touchdown pass. Let's say they call that. The whole game is completely changed but because they are not all at the end of the game people don't see them as big of a deal. Doesn't mean they were not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your points. The insanity I refer to is blanket statements like the thread title, for example. By far, more Pats in here have given props to Denver than the few sore losers who keep on making excuses and suggesting imaginary "if" scenarios.

I think I have read only maybe 2-3 Pats fans on this thread and others that have given props to the Broncos. I would say so far the overall majority have been on the injuries/officials bandwagon of why the team lost.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give big props to Osweiller.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have read only maybe 2-3 Pats fans on this thread and others that have given props to the Broncos. I would say so far the overall majority have been on the injuries/officials bandwagon of why the team lost.
Hmm, I didn't actually count but my impression was that many gave props. If what you say is true, then I retract my statement and plead for my brethren to stop being such sore losers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The score was 14-7 at half time. The Broncos lone turnover in the game happened at the 16 yard line giving the Patriots great field position to score. So let's say the Broncos don't turn the ball over there and punt it away. The way the game was going with a great defensive battle there is the chance that game is 7-7 at half time.

Also the Broncos twice in the 1st half made it into Pats territory and then once in the 3rd quarter. While not the greatest I would say your "Barely" remark is a bit of an exaggeration.
So making it into the Pats side of the field a total of three times in 3 quarters is an exaggeration? No wonder Denver fans are so high on their Defense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So making it into the Pats side of the field a total of three times in 3 quarters is an exaggeration? No wonder Denver fans are so high on their Defense.
Deep into Patriots territory 3 times, one of which resulted in a touchdown? Yeah I'd say calling that "barely making it to Patriots territory" qualifies as a major exaggeration.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made it sound like our offense was doing jack squat. I'm not saying they were great but they were not completely terrible either. They were a bad sack away from the game being 14-10 at half time. I'm actually not sure why they didn't try the field goal as it was only a 51 yarder. So 14 yard sack makes that a 37 yarder which is a chip shot in the NFL these days. Again not saying it was perfect by any means but they were not some pathetic offense either. 3 of the first 7 drives went for 10 or more plays. 7 of the 14 drives resulted in either a scoring drive or one that missed a field goal. I would say that is an offense doing pretty well.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment was in response to dising the Pat's D.

The actual play that cost them the game as the bobbled punt that Amendola or Edleman would have caught.
Why are you complaining about one bobbled punt? I'm not dising the Pat's defense, but when a team has a 21-7 lead and loses the game, it sure in hell isn't the refs fault!! The Pat's defense gave up 179 rushing yards!!

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I didn't actually count but my impression was that many gave props. If what you say is true, then I retract my statement and plead for my brethren to stop being such sore losers.

I would say you, Patsfan2003, and maybe Sonnyblack have been the only ones I have seen even half way acknowledge that the Broncos did anything in the game. Pretty much everybody else is giving excuses of why the team lost and that it has nothing to do with the Broncos. I've seen the same with most of the local media in the Boston area. In fact they have been bombarding local Denver writers for even thinking the Broncos did good in the game. I've been reading tweets sent to our local writers and honestly it is disgusting some of the things being said even by the Boston local media guys. Those things if they were said by our writers would honestly get them fired. Then when you throw in Brady and Gronk have both spoke to the same thought process where they give very little props to the Broncos and the effort they gave.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the fact he said he wouldn't come back until he was 100% healthy which I don't think he will be able to this year

Not this year? With a bone bruise/sprain of his right knee? I've never had one, so I am not knocking that... It just seems a little minor compared to the players that have been out there with broken ribs, healing collar bones, ACL issues, etc.

The way he acted when he went down, one would think he broke a femur. I'm not sure if his pain tolerance is lower than some of the other guys, or if they're covering up how badly he is really injured? Hmmm.... That's against the rules, though, isn't it? Don't you have to accurately report injuries to the NFL?

I feel an injurygate coming on!

P.S. Although I absolutely detest the Patriots with every breath and bone in my body, I do like Gronk. He is the only thing I will ever like about that team. I'll like him even more when he switches teams. :thumb: