• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick McCaw is legit!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most folks, men and women, despise watching the WNBA.

But, the Sparks and Lynx are pretty much the equivalent of an All Star Team.

Ps. Yes, she's a beautiful girl. I still don't know how she ended up with cro magnon headed, Sheldon Williams.

short answer: Love is blind...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most folks, men and women, despise watching the WNBA.

I think it's because you don't see the amazing athleticism, dunks, etc. that you see in the men's game. I like the WNBA because it's a more fundamental game than in the NBA.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the WNBA because it's a more fundamental game than in the NBA.
I just don't think the level of basketball is even as good as some of the better boys high school programs. I can't bring myself to watch more than a few minutes of a WNBA game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think the level of basketball is even as good as some of the better boys high school programs. I can't bring myself to watch more than a few minutes of a WNBA game.

To be fair, from an athleticism perspective, WNBA games won't be as good as a high school boys game. The women's game is more about fundamentals. That's why most folks don't care for it. Same reason most forget about Tim Duncan when talking about great players. Fundamentals are boring.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat McCaw is looking extremely promising so far. He does have stretches where you won't really notice him much on the floor, but he's making plays at the right times. What I'm really impressed about is his ability to facilitate and be a PG. I think I said pre-draft that I thought he would be best served as a 3 in the league, but I was wrong on that. He's not going to be a guy who's going to put on a ton of weight, at least I don't think. I think eventually his peak could be a better defending and better perimeter shooting version of Shaun Livingston. Defensively McCaw could probably already earn minutes on any NBA team. Offensively, he's still got some work to put in to get more consistent.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, I can't watch it. I've tried at least.
I went so far as to actually go to a game when the league first opened up. Bad choice. Very bad. It was a waste of money and more importantly a waste of time. :bored2:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's awful...usually.

But, the League is on the verge of tapping out.

So, they have finally wised up and went to a hybrid NCAA/NFL type playoff system.

No conferences, top 8 Teams make the bracket.

Top 2 Teams get a bye in the first round.

We finally see the top 2 Teams play each other and both are from the Western Conference.

These two squads put up 90 plus like it's nothing.

Multiple Quality players on both Teams.
I would LOVE to see the NBA switch to a no Conference set up. It would make for better first rounds in the post season IMO.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE to see the NBA switch to a no Conference set up. It would make for better first rounds in the post season IMO.

Yep.

I think the Finals would have likely ended up with the same matchup the last 2 years.

But, in most normal years, I have looked forward to watching the WCF a lot more than the actual Finals.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went so far as to actually go to a game when the league first opened up. Bad choice. Very bad. It was a waste of money and more importantly a waste of time. :bored2:

I still go.

It's cheap family entertainment.

There are about 10 players in the WNBA that are just head and shoulders above the rest.

The Sparks happen to have 2 of the 10 on their roster currently.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I think the Finals would have likely ended up with the same matchup the last 2 years.

But, in most normal years, I have looked forward to watching the WCF a lot more than the actual Finals.
I agree about the Finals match up.

But most importantly I think it would allow for a more fair competition. What I mean by that is the best 16 teams in the league would have a chance to play beyond the regular season- which just isn't the case with the Western Conf.

I really feel some kind of way watching teams in the East play into the post season when better teams (Western teams-record wise) don't get to extend their season even though they were technically better teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the Finals match up.

But most importantly I think it would allow for a more fair competition. What I mean by that is the best 16 teams in the league would have a chance to play beyond the regular season- which just isn't the case with the Western Conf.

I really feel some kind of way watching teams in the East play into the post season when better teams (Western teams-record wise) don't get to extend their season even though they were technically better teams.

Agree.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome.

Signed UNLV

Doc tried to be cute and go two for one in the second round.

The Warriors swooped in and stole his ass one pick ahead.

Add it on to the pile of piss of boneheaded executive decisions made by Rivers.

I still can't believe he gave up a 1st rounder to rent Jeff Green for 3 months.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I am not so sure. Especially 2 years ago.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure. Especially 2 years ago.

You don't think the Cavs and Warriors would still be the last Teams standing?

Maybe the Spurs avoiding the Clippers in the first round would have made it interesting.

Unless you mean because of the Cavs injuries?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By record,
You don't think the Cavs and Warriors would still be the last Teams standing?

Maybe the Spurs avoiding the Clippers in the first round would have made it interesting.

Unless you mean because of the Cavs injuries?

That and they were a mess last season with drama between Blatt and LeBron and chemistry issues. I think they would have beaten Houston, but LAC and SA? Not so sure.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By record,

That and they were a mess last season with drama between Blatt and LeBron and chemistry issues. I think they would have beaten Houston, but LAC and SA? Not so sure.

But Houston beat LAC. Before that -- LAC beat SA. SA lost in the first round. That's not consistent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if a rookie contributes- and i mean AT ALL on a team with championship aspirations- that is a plus.

If he averages 10 minutes a game ill be thoroughly surprised.

I can proudly say I managed to miss the ENTIRE Cavs pre-season- not even 1 minute.

It was extremely successful though- no one got hurt.