• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Shurmur Sucks And Well Deserved His Firing Non-Appreciation Thread

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Fangio wins last night?

1. Didn't matter?
2. Staff said if he wins we keep him if not he goes?
3. We would have fired him but not first thing on Sunday Morning?

Would have been tough to fire him this morning, IMO if he wins a game we seemed to have no shoot to win last night. But I think our mind had to be made up before this game.

Well, Shurmur had to go. The guy was hot garbage. It's possible that Fangio wanted to keep Shurmur so Paton got rid of both of them.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting, and I thought about it before the game started ...

When Fangio went for the FG with four minutes and change remaining, putting complete faith in his defense, that summed up his entire tenure ... He made the call based on his strength, as while I disagreed, it was the right call for a guy who prided himself on his strength and his D ..

If he didn't have faith in his own D, then what's the point ??

But, like so many other of his missteps, Fangio just couldn't deliver ... I loved the hire, I liked him early on, and who knows, with a more forward thinking OC, the team might have been more successful with Vic as HC ...

On the other hand, perhaps he would not have been able to co-exist with that OC .. maybe, like McDaniels firing the successful Mike Nolan, Vic needed that control over everything - a more conservative, veteran OC in order to run his vision ..
I am actually of the opinion that Fangio wanted someone to run the offense and make it so he didn’t have to be as involved. I could be wrong.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually of the opinion that Fangio wanted someone to run the offense and make it so he didn’t have to be as involved. I could be wrong.
I agree .. but with the caveat that the OC was like minded ... I do remember the game vs the Chargers in 2019, and the Broncos had possession back around their 20-30 yard line, with very little time remaining ... From what I recall, Scangarello called to take a knee and play for OT, with Vic overriding that decision and calling for a long pass play to Sutton - which worked like a charm with the eventual PI call ..

That aspect is what I liked about Vic .. it was an instance in which Scangarello took the conservative route, probably because of Lock's inexperience ...

Looking back, that first half vs the Vikings in 2019 with Brandon Allen was, I think, one of Scangarello's best games - we pulled out everything in that half, and built a huge lead that was eventually blown ..

It seems Vic wanted more certainty and less drama with the offense .. The first indication was letting Lindsay go, which, to me, was a bad sign - they were going for the traditional, and kicking the potential young and exciting offense to the curb - which is a move that had Vic's fingerprints all over it

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurmur apparently wasn't fired but isn't coming back (if that makes sense) I guess they agreed that he would find another job.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurmur apparently wasn't fired but isn't coming back (if that makes sense) I guess they agreed that he would find another job.

I’m sure a high school in his home town is looking for a WR coach or something. Would perfectly fit his qualification level.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he signed a two year contract two years ago.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he tried to enter Bronco HQs, he realized he was no longer wanted when he was hit with snowballs thrown by Drew Lock .. Right in the chest .. from 40 yards away

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to teach @LGM the difference between Special Teams and Special my dealings with the likes of you and ol' Yeller have made the distinction clear.