• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Shurmur Sucks And Well Deserved His Firing Non-Appreciation Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schumur let Lock play with only one hand tied behind his back this last game. At least he opened it up a little.

I frankly don't respect the job he did in Denver. Scandarello or whatever would have done better -IMO.

Strength and Condition coaches need to take a hike too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schumur let Lock play with only one hand tied behind his back this last game. At least he opened it up a little.

I frankly don't respect the job he did in Denver. Scandarello or whatever would have done better -IMO.

Strength and Condition coaches need to take a hike too.

Agree with all of this.

Strength and Condition is something you and I have talked about a lot the last two years... Something is fishy in that area.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this.

Strength and Condition is something you and I have talked about a lot the last two years... Something is fishy in that area.
In my business the suspicion would be payola. Whenever a position is held down by non-performers the reason most often is love or money.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to steal the Chiefs strength and condition staff because they seem to keep healthy! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a Special Teams coach while you're at it. Someone who can get all the basic stuff done consistently and be creative just for the fun of it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a Special Teams coach while you're at it. Someone who can get all the basic stuff done consistently and be creative just for the fun of it.
Well we had the 2nd part with Brock Olivo, just can't seem to find someone to do the first part.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@LGM would make a great special teams coach.

Mingo for strength and conditioning.

@megalodon30 Can be the D cord. Need a guy like him to get into people's faces and tell them they suck to motivate them.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LGM would make a great special teams coach.

Mingo for strength and conditioning.

@megalodon30 Can be the D cord. Need a guy like him to get into people's faces and tell them they suck to motivate them.
Are you going to teach @LGM the difference between Special Teams and Special Ed?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to steal the Chiefs strength and condition staff because they seem to keep healthy! ;)
It may not be solely strength and conditioning, though. Good health or bad health could correlate with coaching style and schemes used. You would need to take a deeper dive into the root cause of injuries.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be solely strength and conditioning, though. Good health or bad health could correlate with coaching style and schemes used. You would need to take a deeper dive into the root cause of injuries.

I understand that.

It was just a comment in joke in reference to building our coaching staff. I played football. I am aware that some coaches go harder then another's on a person body.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything a coaching fire/hire always brings all the posters to the hoop! Look at all this activity!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything a coaching fire/hire always brings all the posters to the hoop! Look at all this activity!
I have mixed emotions. I like Fangio. Clearly, there has been an ongoing learning curve to be HC. That said, the product on the field, the record, you only get so much time. I wish he could be DC. Perhaps we can retain Donatell.
Shurmur, same thing, at the end of the day the product has your signature on it. Curious what happens to Munch.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed emotions. I like Fangio. Clearly, there has been an ongoing learning curve to be HC. That said, the product on the field, the record, you only get so much time. I wish he could be DC. Perhaps we can retain Donatell.
Shurmur, same thing, at the end of the day the product has your signature on it. Curious what happens to Munch.

Same buddy, same... Mixed on the Fangio decision. I support it yet I would be ok if held onto him with one more Paton offseason improving the offense. Nervous about the defense now. But I trust Paton. At the end of the day we have no control over anything that happens here so whatever. ;)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same buddy, same... Mixed on the Fangio decision. I support it yet I would be ok if held onto him with one more Paton offseason improving the offense. Nervous about the defense now. But I trust Paton. At the end of the day we have no control over anything that happens here so whatever. ;)
That goes without saying, of course. I thought they may retain Fangio until the ownership issue was resolved. Hopefully we’re not reloading after that occurs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Fangio wins last night?

1. Didn't matter?
2. Staff said if he wins we keep him if not he goes?
3. We would have fired him but not first thing on Sunday Morning?

Would have been tough to fire him this morning, IMO if he wins a game we seemed to have no shoot to win last night. But I think our mind had to be made up before this game.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Fangio wins last night?

1. Didn't matter?
2. Staff said if he wins we keep him if not he goes?
3. We would have fired him but not first thing on Sunday Morning?

Would have been tough to fire him this morning, IMO if he wins a game we seemed to have no shoot to win last night. But I think our mind had to be made up before this game

This is interesting, and I thought about it before the game started ...

When Fangio went for the FG with four minutes and change remaining, putting complete faith in his defense, that summed up his entire tenure ... He made the call based on his strength, as while I disagreed, it was the right call for a guy who prided himself on his strength and his D ..

If he didn't have faith in his own D, then what's the point ??

But, like so many other of his missteps, Fangio just couldn't deliver ... I loved the hire, I liked him early on, and who knows, with a more forward thinking OC, the team might have been more successful with Vic as HC ...

On the other hand, perhaps he would not have been able to co-exist with that OC .. maybe, like McDaniels firing the successful Mike Nolan, Vic needed that control over everything - a more conservative, veteran OC in order to run his vision ..