• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past number 1 seeds that didn't win the sb

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy-struggled at the end losing two games in a row and almost losing a home game to a bad team.
Seattle-Went on a 11-0 run before resting starters in GB the last game. Made a case to deserve to be in the sb.
Who was hot-Pittsburgh won four in a row and took that to the Lombardi over Seattle

SD-Went on a 9-0 run to end the season. Seemed like every win was too comfortable, played an easy schedule and only tough games were KC and Baltimore, in which SD went 1-2.
Chicago-Looked awful for a 13-3 team. Calls for the starting qb to be benched.
Who was hot-NE and Philadelphia were hot. NE however faced Manning in the AFC title game where they choked big. If not for Indy, NE wins this year. But Indy beat the hot team and won. NO beat the other hot team but had no playoff experience for a cold weather road game.

NE-Actually started to struggle down the stretch where wins were close. Even looked pedestrian in the postseason.
Dal-Too many wins were 4th quarter comebacks, and also lost two of three to close the season.
Who was the hot team? Washington and San Diego. Washington won four in a row. San Diego won six in a row to close the season after a struggling start. However, SD could not stop the perfect season and Washington while having some experience faced a team with even more and the starting qb was a backup. The giants gave a preview of what they would do in the sb by beating the pats.

Tennessee-There was no way this team was winning a sb or even getting there. Didn't close the season on a high note and won a close game at home against a team that was on a winning streak.
New York G-Lost three of their last four games and offense went sour after Burress shot himself in the leg.
Who was hot? Indy was actually hot winning their last 10 games. However Pittsburgh was the team that was winning big games with a loss against the top seed in between. Pittsburgh ended up winning.

Indy-Until the last three games Indy did not look like the best team.
NO-Was the best team until the last three games. However, they would rebound to win the sb.
Who was hot? Dallas suddenly turned it up late winning their last three games. Green Bay was also hot, only losing in Pittsburgh but on offense alone. This wasn't the season of the hot team.

NE-Won their last 8 games after finding their identity from the Moss trade. But may have peaked too soon.
Atlanta-Also peaked too soon starting a winning run week 7 and winning 8 straight.
Who was hot? Indy won their last four games but none of them were against good teams and they didn't blow out any of them. Green Bay upon Rodgers return from injury started to turn it back around and before Rodgers got hurt GB also was on a tear other than a mistake-filled loss in Atlanta that was corrected. GB ended up winning the sb.

NE-Like 2010 peaked too soon. Won 8 in a row just like the previous season but was able to get to the sb.
GB-Looked solid until week 11 where the wins began to get tighter against surprising teams, leading to their first loss in KC. They lost their first game in the playoffs.
Who was the hot team? NO was but peaked too soon like NE with 8 in a row. NYG ended up again winning a unexpected sb. Was the shootout against GB a preview?

Den-Went on a 11-0 run, peaked way too soon. Looked like the best team in reg season with blowout road wins.
Atl-Much like the 10 season won at the last minute, and struggled late in the season in division games.
Who was hot? Seattle. Season came to an end in Atlanta. It was Baltimore that ended up winning it and the win in Denver sparked it.

Den-Much better offense but did not close as well down the stretch.
Sea-Showed no weaknesses at all and as a result won the sb.
Who was hot?Philadelphia was hot but peaked too soon and lost one game late. San Diego won four in a row including winning in Denver, where a second meeting in that stretch would end it.

NE-Showed no weaknesses once they got going week 5 on.
Sea-Took the 1 seed late as a result of Arizona's collapse and Palmer injury. Went on a 9-1 run and won six straight to take the top seed.
Who was hot?Carolina and Pittsburgh were both. Carolina was beating weaker teams in their four game run. Pittsburgh however was on a strong run until Bell went down where they lost the following game without him in the playoffs.

As for this year?
Denver-Starting qb has not played all season long. And seems like a redemption stretch is starting. But is it enough?
Carolina-Until week 16 they appeared to not be in danger of losing. But schedule has been too easy. Defense has not shown up against more resourceful QBs.
Who was hot?KC has been the hot team but they may have peaked too soon. Pittsburgh had a hiccup in their late season run and is looking a little sloppy into the playoffs. But playoffs are playoffs. They showed battle testiness in their 4-1 run to close the season and almost won in Seattle before that run. Seattle also had a similar run to Pittsburgh where they were killing opponents other than the hiccup against St.Louis. Of the three KC is starting out the postseason the best.

To me this tells me that if Pittsburgh or Seattle don't win the sb it will be Carolina which is scary as I don't think they are better than Arizona. But Arizona is not winning the sb. I'm not buying Denver winning even if they get there.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl. Its possible and I remain hopeful buuuuut they are too beat up right now. If they somehow beat Denver, my opinion could change.

I fail to see how anyone could be so sure Arizona will not win the Super Bowl. :noidea:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Chiefs or the Packers to win it all. The cream always rises to the top.

But you're hedging your bets with the Pats, Broncos, Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers, and Cardinals, right?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$100 vCash

:stfu:

You need to stfu. always running around, talking shit outta your flappy sassy lips. It's not uncommon for someone to get all worked up cause I actually bet on games with real money and have the fat stacks to prove it.

suck on that, donger.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stfu. always running around, talking shit outta your flappy sassy lips. It's not uncommon for someone to get all worked up cause I actually bet on games with real money and have the fat stacks to prove it.

suck on that, donger.

6-let-s-define-what-we-think-rice-any-car-game-even-yours-file.php-40-file-125942-filename-hemad.jpg