• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past game 7 of world series

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers also stole WAY more bases than the Cards at a better success rate. STL was #1 in moving from 1st to 3rd and Texas #3 (last year Rangers were #1) aka taking the extra base on a ball in play. I'd say when factoring both criteria, that the Rangers win the battle of speed and base-running. Rangers hit for higher average, SO the least of anyone in the MLB, hit for more power, score more, and have more speed and better base-running. StL is better about getting on base, but the Rangers have much higher slugging % even with the Craig factor. I'd say the Rangers have a much better offense. The Rangers strength is their incredible offensive diversity and that there are no outs in the line-up 1-9.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers also stole WAY more bases than the Cards at a better success rate. STL was #1 in moving from 1st to 3rd and Texas #3 (last year Rangers were #1) aka taking the extra base on a ball in play. I'd say when factoring both criteria, that the Rangers win the battle of speed and base-running. Rangers hit for higher average, SO the least of anyone in the MLB, hit for more power, score more, and have more speed and better base-running. StL is better about getting on base, but the Rangers have much higher slugging % even with the Craig factor. I'd say the Rangers have a much better offense. The Rangers strength is their incredible offensive diversity and that there are no outs in the line-up 1-9.

Not to mention hamilton is at 30 to 40 percent he also has a sports hernia

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginger it's cool you're passionate about your team :) However, I respectfully disagree with your assessment that the Cardinals line-up is better or even with the Rangers line-up. The season's numbers don't support your assessment (even with the DH factored in), nor do the players' career/track records, or full season statistical projections from 2011, if all players were healthy for a full-season.

This is rough and it's late, but I subtracted out the Cardinals pitchers at-bats/hits and replaced them with Craig's projected stats for those at-bats. I did not factor out the Rangers pitchers' at-bats. The Rangers batted .283 vs. .281 for the Cards. I projected out Craigs' HRs, RBI, Runs, and did not subtract our Westbrook/Garcia's HRs/etc and the Rangers still had 35 more HRs and about produced 50ish or more runs scored.

Both Harrison/Holland's numbers compare favorably against Lohse/Jackson when considering the DH factor. The Rangers just forced Motte's first BS of the postseason and were primed to do the same against Valverade in the previous series. The Rangers are beasts at home and now have won 4 straight playoff home games. As for Carpenter, the Rangers typically do better against a guy after facing him for the first time. Carp is obviously tough, but with his elbow issues and due to pitching at the Ballpark, I like the Rangers chances - Rangers let this guy off the hook a few times in game 1. CJ does worry me, but if ever the due factor were in effect it would be for CJ in his last start of the year.

I understand Freese started the season of very hot before an injury knocked him out, and it probably cooled him down (no pun intended). Though, many players start the season hot and cool down over long season. However, Hamilton (reigning MVP) has been injured most the season, and it's probably affected his season. Both Beltre/Cruz were heating up before their injuries, and we know Nap didn't play much early. With those four healthy, the Rangers offense would have been unreal/phenomenal. Anyway all this junk is speculation and none if it will really matter the rest of this series. I'll take the Rangers line-up 10 of 10 times against any other line-up in baseball. Pujols is the only guy I'd take over anyone in the Rangers line-up from STL - I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers make a play for Albert in the off-season:

Cruz > Berkman (Cruz ALCS MVP '11/Monster in '10, too)
Hamilton > Holiday (Ham 2010 League MVP, '10 ALCS MVP)
Murphy = Jay
Beltre > Freese (Beltre is the best 3B in the game period)
Andrus > Furcal (this one is close)
Kinsler >> Skip/Punto (no need to even discuss)
Pujols >>>> Moreland (obviously no need to say anything here)
Nap > Molina (Napoli has been absolute beast)
MY > Craig (MY - legit '11 MVP contender)

As far as Hamilton being better than Holliday,I would beg to differ with Hamilton's current groin issue, and for that reason only, its obviously affecting him a lot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as Hamilton being better than Holliday,I would beg to differ with Hamilton's current groin issue, and for that reason only, its obviously affecting him a lot

Fair enough and agreed. Also, STL bench is probably better equipped for NL style of play, however, as we move to TX, I'd say Moreland/Chavez/Gentry/Treanor/German > Skip/Laird/Theriot, yes?