• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pass Interference rule

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is we tried that.
The Establishment was having none of that.
Refused to look at a challenge honestly. Simply wouldnt overturn any calls.

Yeah, I remember. We need to bring it back and do it in a better way. The NFL should instruct referees that they must see an obvious pass interference before they throw the flag. Secondly, the replay review must be a de novo review (the call on the field is given no deference).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to be inconsistent. The action is happening too fast. I think that a challenge system needs to come back. These PI calls can have a huge effect on the outcome of a game.
Agree, it's difficult, but you'll see a love tap = flag, then a mugging = no flag, or worse an OPI called DPI.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is the Head thing.

IMO. He's turning around to play the ball. Why is that Pass interference?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low budget CFL you can challenge anything you want just as long as you haven't used all of your challenges in the game. Works great but maybe the NFL likes the control or is it Vegas?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is pure tail wags the dog. What is being emphasized the most negatively to our game? We will react and rest assured it will be an overreaction.

Offensive pass interference has been earmarked, it will be called way more than usual, and some won't be PI, it will be more a quota thing.

$$$ will win in the end regardless...this gets more NBA or WW whatever by the year

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A possible solution has been to adopt the college rule. But the NFL and the POS refs would find a way to screw that up,just like what is a legal catch. There is nothing worse than watching games decided by the stinking refs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a defender grabs a jersey of a wide receiver it does two things.

1. It alters the running path (Route) of the WR
2. It slows the forward motion of the WR

When a defender grabs a jersey of a wide receiver it immediately tells two things.

1. The defender is not as fast as the WR
2. The defender doesn't know HOW to defend speed

Grabbing a jersey is no less a violation than wrapping an arm around a WR and spinning him off his route or tackling him before the ball arrives. If the game is too fast for some of these 50 and 60 year old officials, then they shouldn't be officials any longer.

How many 50 or 60 year old players are there in the NFL??

Yeah can’t hook or grab, trip etc .. But just putting a feeler out is natural when someone is running right at you and should be allowed.. No contact rule is designed for one thing, to increase offensive production … I think dominant defenses in the NFL are fun to watch, but the higher ups in the NFL don’t think so, and it’s a dam shame …

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah can’t hook or grab, trip etc .. But just putting a feeler out is natural when someone is running right at you and should be allowed.. No contact rule is designed for one thing, to increase offensive production … I think dominant defenses in the NFL are fun to watch, but the higher ups in the NFL don’t think so, and it’s a dam shame …
Points being scored are what garners interest. But I agree with you. A 17-14 game back in the old days was fine with me...