• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Parise

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we do with him? It doesn't sound like he is really interested in signing with NJ.. so do we hold on to him and hope he signs or trade him now when his value is at it's peak?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First,

Read this article: Fire & Ice

Second: If we need to trade him, there are about 5 players I'd be seriously interested in.

1. Weber
2. Suter
3. Kesler
4. Rask
5. Keith

Since we aren't going to get any of those, except for maybe Boston if they are willing t0 sacrifice their goaltending future an even better shot at the cup, I don't want to trade Zach at all.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ducks called with something like Ryan and Fowler for Parise and Palm...... then what?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Imo....you have to deal him....yes it hurts our shot at a cup this year ( if we even have one). But it lessens the blow that we would feel example nieds....this would be 50x worse. Heck even if we keep him and win he cup there really isn't any reason for him to stay...we just won the cup he could Chase the money and go play at home. So either way we are screwed except we would have a cup win but at what price?

Didn't think of that did ya?

Yes I would do that Ryan deal even without fowler!

Realistic return for Parise should be a 1st 2nd a solid prospect and and a legit player that can contribute noe

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now to go one step further I would think best case for the devils is to actually make the cup or east finals and lose! This way Parise sees he is on a team on the brink of winning and why would he leave at that point? Yikes! That is ugly!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the ducks called with something like Ryan and Fowler for Parise and Palm...... then what?

You'd obviously have to make that trade, but that's not going to happen. Ryan is locked up for at least 3 more years I believe and Fowler is still on ELC.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The most important factor regarding Parise is the potential position of the 1st Rd Pick. If you traded Parise to a team that gives you a 20-30th pick, the value is astronomically lower than a lottery pick.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True but I don't think Edmonton is in thr market for Parise. Teams like the kings or wings would be. Johnson and bernier for parise.

Still even a late round pick is better then nothing. Like the lotto u habe to be in it to win it.

Just such a shame this team is finally starting to click and now we have this cloud over the heads. It funny tok Lou doesn't negoiate mid season because of a distraction it can cause? What does he think will happen a week before the deadline?
K. What

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would rather have goalies like Rask, Schneider, Harding over Bernier.

Bernier doesn't have as much of a track record at the NHL lever, and although I understand that he's been the best AHL goalie for a few years now, there's way more risk attached to him versus the other ones listed above.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe Toronto will trade us their loto pick. They always seem to have one.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you get right down to it, the offs of us getting anyone as good as Parise are very very slim even with the draft picks. If there's a good chance that he wants to stay they should do absolutely everything in their power to try and keep him.

This is really going to come down to whether or not Ownership can get things ironed out. If the Wendy's guy is in charge, do you think he lets the best player on the team leave? No chance.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
forgot to mention but if anyone read that story in the ledger about the team loving doboer and love playing with him. parise had nothing but hight remarks for the guy. seeing stuff like that i think he actually does stay here. i dont think he resigns before july 1st he will entertain offers but i think in the end he will stay here. really isnt any reason for him to leave. i get he might want to go back home but minnesota isnt close to the cup. he doesnt strike me as the kind of guy that will want the big stage lights of msg. maybe detroit? somewhat close to minnesota. def cant see him ending up in la.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's another quote about Lou from Parise

“I think Lou has always had that mindset,” Devils captain Zach Parise said. “He’s always looking to make the team better, improve areas that he thinks we need to improve. In his eyes – and rightfully so and as it should be – the season is never a successful one unless you win the whole thing and I think we all know that he’s going to try and give us the best opportunity to do that.”

He's aware he has a good chance of winning here with Lou

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well people can say that Zach wants to leave, but he's basically said at every possible instance that he wants to stay, he likes it here, his friends are here, he obviously likes the coach, and he totally believes that the Devils are contenders. If we can pay him, he'll stay. In fact, if they Devils just match the best offer, I'd be willing to bet we'd be his first choice. And even beyond that, I believe that he's stay if our offer was less but still in the ballpark.