• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panther watch

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Fields backups are 6-7 when they start for him crowd....

Defense ppg allowed in those 6 wins: 17, 14, 24, 3, 12, 13

The Backups:

Dalton: 9/11 56 yards 1 TD, 24/39 317 1 TD 1 INT, 18/35 173 1 TD 1 INT

Foles - 24/35 250 1 TD 1 FL

Bagent - 20/33 162 0 TD, 21/29 162 1 TD

I would love for someone to look at those results and say Yep, it was the QB that totally made the difference.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Fields backups are 6-7 when they start for him crowd....

Defense ppg allowed in those 6 wins: 17, 14, 24, 3, 12, 13

The Backups:

Dalton: 9/11 56 yards 1 TD, 24/39 317 1 TD 1 INT, 18/35 173 1 TD 1 INT

Foles - 24/35 250 1 TD 1 FL

Bagent - 20/33 162 0 TD, 21/29 162 1 TD

I would love for someone to look at those results and say Yep, it was the QB that totally made the difference.
You leave out nuance and context. Stats alone only tell half the story. Maybe the D played better because the O played better, sustaining drives and allowing them to catch their breath. Maybe the change in QB energized the team. Maybe the team plays harder for a guy that doesn't make it all about himself? Maybe those backups don't shrivel like a cold penis when the game matters most?:noidea:

I think Fields will be fine, but he still needs to show that he can come through in the clutch. Can't be a top tier QB otherwise.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You leave out nuance and context.

You explicitly state that Fields is 0-8 in game winning drives. And that's all you state.

And you claim I leave out nuance and context?

You've been deprived of oxygen for extended periods of time, haven't you?
Maybe the D played better because the O played better

More truthfully....the defense likely played better because of playing inferior QBs.
Maybe the change in QB energized the team.

Sure. Nothing energizes a defense better than seeing Andy Dalton and a noodle armed D2 QB. I think you might be on to something.
Maybe the team plays harder for a guy that doesn't make it all about himself?

I'd love to see examples of Fields "making it all about himself".
Maybe those backups don't shrivel like a cold penis when the game matters most?

Yep. It's not like we have seen Bagent throw picks at the end of games.

Nuance and context looks a lot like bias and opinion.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fields will be fine, but he still needs to show that he can come through in the clutch. Can't be a top tier QB otherwise.

No team can be top tier unless a healthy percentage of it's roster is capable of stepping up when it matters most.

Coaches have to coach better when the game is on the line. Defenses have to get stops when it matters most. Blockers have to be able to block when defenses pin their ears back at the end of games. Receivers have to finish routes and catch balls. The QB has to make the right decisions and protect the football.

Good teams are able to do these things. And that should be the focus.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)You explicitly state that Fields is 0-8 in game winning drives. And that's all you state.

And you claim I leave out nuance and context?

2)You've been deprived of oxygen for extended periods of time, haven't you?

More truthfully....the defense likely played better because of playing inferior QBs.

3)Sure. Nothing energizes a defense better than seeing Andy Dalton and a noodle armed D2 QB. I think you might be on to something.

4)I'd love to see examples of Fields "making it all about himself".

5)Yep. It's not like we have seen Bagent throw picks at the end of games.

Nuance and context looks a lot like bias and opinion.
1)QB gets all the credit and all the blame. Welcome to the NFL. At some point, stats can become a pattern tho.

2)Your childish insults reveal more about you than me.

3)After 6 weeks of watching Fields hold onto the ball for far too long, I'm sure seeing ANYONE who can get it out on time is energizing, D2 or otherwise.

4)How about doing a jig, with 6 minutes left and a 3-7 record? Or throwing the coaches under the bus, be it justified or not?

5)So Bagent being D2, is that only convenient when it supports your argument or what?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team can be top tier unless a healthy percentage of it's roster is capable of stepping up when it matters most.

Coaches have to coach better when the game is on the line. Defenses have to get stops when it matters most. Blockers have to be able to block when defenses pin their ears back at the end of games. Receivers have to finish routes and catch balls. The QB has to make the right decisions and protect the football.

Good teams are able to do these things. And that should be the focus.
Good talk, coach.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)QB gets all the credit and all the blame. Welcome to the NFL. At some point, stats can become a pattern tho.

I don't see anyone blaming Mahomes for Mondays loss. I see a lot of people blaming MVS.

Just admit you're full of shit and stop typing. Because it's fucking embarrassing.

Refs get blame. Receivers get blame. DBs get blame. Coaches get blame. Welcome to reality.
2)Your childish insults reveal more about you than me.

Yeah because you've never called anyone gay on this forum or made any kind of insults ever.

You're not good at this.
3)After 6 weeks of watching Fields hold onto the ball for far too long, I'm sure seeing ANYONE who can get it out on time is energizing, D2 or otherwise.

I don't see any defensive players complaining Fields is back though. So let's just file this under shit you've made up.
4)How about doing a jig, with 6 minutes left and a 3-7 record?

Players celebrate stuff all the time. You're gonna pick this one completely harmless instance and get butt hurt over it? Go on Karen.
Or throwing the coaches under the bus, be it justified or not?

Or blowing things completely out of proportion to fit a narrative.
5)So Bagent being D2, is that only convenient when it supports your argument or what?

He is from D2. That's just a fact. It doesn't support any argument. It's just where he's from. I realize you're allergic to truth and addicted to bias opinion but you're gonna have to learn to deal with some facts.
Good talk, coach.

Your drool cup is overflowing again Ed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone blaming Mahomes for Mondays loss. I see a lot of people blaming MVS.

Just admit you're full of shit and stop typing. Because it's fucking embarrassing.

Refs get blame. Receivers get blame. DBs get blame. Coaches get blame. Welcome to reality.

Yeah because you've never called anyone gay on this forum or made any kind of insults ever.

You're not good at this.

I don't see any defensive players complaining Fields is back though. So let's just file this under shit you've made up.

Players celebrate stuff all the time. You're gonna pick this one completely harmless instance and get butt hurt over it? Go on Karen.

Or blowing things completely out of proportion to fit a narrative.

He is from D2. That's just a fact. It doesn't support any argument. It's just where he's from. I realize you're allergic to truth and addicted to bias opinion but you're gonna have to learn to deal with some facts.

Your drool cup is overflowing again Ed.
Such a sad little man.

Happy Thanksgiving, jackoff.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at comparing Fields to Mahomes. Talk about full retard.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why everyone always talks about how Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won the Ravens and Bucs a SB.
Can you name one in the last 20 years? Or are all examples from before the league went over the top on protecting qbs?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name one in the last 20 years? Or are all examples from before the league went over the top on protecting qbs?

I don’t see anyone blaming Joe Burrow for the Bengals failing to win the SB. Nor would anyone dare credit Peyton Manning for being the reason the Broncos beat the Panthers in the SB.

Because unlike what was said….QBs don’t get all the credit and all the blame. Credit and blame are extremely relative to the situation. Unless you’re an idiot.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at comparing Fields to Mahomes. Talk about full retard.

I wasn’t comparing them at all. I was directly referring to you saying QBs get all the credit and blame.

I can’t imagination having a level of comprehension this low. It’s gotta fucking suck.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t comparing them at all. I was directly referring to you saying QBs get all the credit and blame.

I can’t imagination having a level of comprehension this low. It’s gotta fucking suck.
Right, so when the Chiefs lose, Mahomes is not blamed becaaaause?...

And Fields shoulders a lot of the blame in a loss, becaaaaause?

Mahomes has EARNED the benefit of the doubt. Fields has not.

And yes, it's a comparison. A fucking stupid one, but a comparison nonetheless.

"pEoPLe dOn'T bLaME mAHoMeS wHen tHE cHieFs LoSE!?"
Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so when the Chiefs lose, Mahomes is not blamed becaaaause?...

And Fields shoulders a lot of the blame in a loss, becaaaaause?

Mahomes has EARNED the benefit of the doubt. Fields has not.

And yes, it's a comparison. A fucking stupid one, but a comparison nonetheless.

"pEoPLe dOn'T bLaME mAHoMeS wHen tHE cHieFs LoSE!?"
Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Can’t believe I actually have to explain this.

You said QBs get all the blame and credit. So I commented on Mahomes because the Chiefs lost Monday but no one is blaming him.

Just as no one should be blaming Fields for losing to the Lions when he did enough for them to win. And the defense gave up 14 points faster than any team should at the very end of the game.

Fields isn’t the reason the Bears lost to the Lions. That should be clear to anyone without a very obvious bias. And you’ve already admitted that it doesn’t matter to you how bad the defense was….you’re simply gonna zero in on Fields only.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe I actually have to explain this.

You said QBs get all the blame and credit. So I commented on Mahomes because the Chiefs lost Monday but no one is blaming him.

Just as no one should be blaming Fields for losing to the Lions when he did enough for them to win. And the defense gave up 14 points faster than any team should at the very end of the game.

Fields isn’t the reason the Bears lost to the Lions. That should be clear to anyone without a very obvious bias. And you’ve already admitted that it doesn’t matter to you how bad the defense was….you’re simply gonna zero in on Fields only.
Right, and nobody blames Mahomes, because he has already proved he can WIN GAMES. Fields has not. It is absolutely a comparison.

That same Defense also produced 4 takeaways, and the Offense scored 3 points off of those takeaways. They shit the bed at the end, but the Offense still had the opportunity to wrap it up and they failed. The coaches failed, but Fields could've kept it on 2nd down and would've coasted to first down, and he opted to go ahead and hand it off.

They didn't lose because of him, but they're not winning because of him either. Not yet, at least.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and nobody blames Mahomes, because he has already proved he can WIN GAMES. Fields has not. It is absolutely a comparison

Josh Allen has proved he can win games too. But when he has bad games, and he’s had a few this season, he’s been criticized for them.
That same Defense also produced 4 takeaways

And Fields offense produced points too.

So you forgive the defense for becoming laughably bad in the last 4 minutes of the game but you hang all the blame on Fields for his fumble?

Logic isn’t your friend.
but the Offense still had the opportunity to wrap it up and they failed

Lol….the offense had the lead and the defense gave it away. What the fuck are you even saying?

This is beyond ridiculous.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen has proved he can win games too. But when he has bad games, and he’s had a few this season, he’s been criticized for them.

And Fields offense produced points too.

So you forgive the defense for becoming laughably bad in the last 4 minutes of the game but you hang all the blame on Fields for his fumble?

Logic isn’t your friend.

Lol….the offense had the lead and the defense gave it away. What the fuck are you even saying?

This is beyond ridiculous.
Not off of the takeaways.

Hyperbole is fun.

Fields needs to win games, when the chance is there. So far, that has eluded him. Is everything his fault, of course not, that's just you being dramatic. It's 60 minutes with multiple players and variables, but we are still 2 years in, have a decent supporting cast/team, and still losing at a historic clip. It's the most important position in football. The scrutiny is inevitable. We have already traded away the Number 1 pick because of Fields, and there is a decent chance we do the same in this year's draft, especially if he does show some consistent improvement. The pressure will only get more intense tho. The voices will only get louder.

He needs to ball out here these last 7 games er whatever, but personally, I need to see him ball out in the clutch. In the last 5 minutes. I need to see him win a game. You can hyper-analyze that all ya want, get super defensive of yer boi, I don't care, it's what I need to see from Fields. Until then, he's still gonna get a "meh" from me.:noidea: