• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer to Raiders

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy will be happier when I see something finalized.Have always been a Palmer fan.As far as people thinking the price was steep you guys would probably make better use of the pick than us anyhow.Don't forget we wasted a number 1 overall pick on Jamarcus Russell with Calvin Johnson on the board

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer hasn't been good in like 5 years. Last year, he was even worse than numbers indicate. I watched several Bengals games last year and he threw tons of "should have been" INTs but the defensive players just flat out dropped them. He just doesn't have it anymore. That said, he's still better than Kyle Boller. I just think the Raiders gave far too much for him. 2 first round picks (potentially) is a lot to give up for a team who's ceiling is realistically 1 playoff win. You build championship teams through the draft. The Raiders now have essentially no picks in 2012 and are already giving up picks in 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was terrible last year. He was inaccurate, had happy feet, and seemed apathetic at times. Now, some of this was due to poor O-line play and possibly not being happy, but I don't think he's 2005 Palmer, and I don't think he'll ever be that guy again. Having said that, if the Raiders work around his limitations, and stay focused on the run, he could be more effective than Campbell, and thus, an upgrade.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody got any thoughts?

great deal for the Bengals,but the Raiders I believe got the shitty end of the stick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let me clarify this

The Bengals have had a lot of good and great players they have also ruined these players took once proud men and crushed them PALMER is just another player who the Bengals have chewed up and spit out

perhaps the Bengals may have changed time will tell