• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Padres keep dealing, acquire Justin Upton from ATL

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord Scalious, the Boston Red Sox on line 1, something about worst to 1st. Cole Hammel on line 2 asking about does he really need pants in SD. Cory Luebke on line 3, something about where he is suppose to go. Preller on line 4 asking if you want a taller kid or wrestler type and prefer a blonde, brown or red headed boy.

I am heading to lunch, the phone ringing is driving me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord Scalious, the Boston Red Sox on line 1, something about worst to 1st. Cole Hammel on line 2 asking about does he really need pants in SD. Cory Luebke on line 3, something about where he is suppose to go. Preller on line 4 asking if you want a taller kid or wrestler type and prefer a blonde, brown or red headed boy.

I am heading to lunch, the phone ringing is driving me nuts.

The Red Sox were a 90 win team the year before.. They were a last place team because they were a sorry sack of underachievers that year.. They had the Talent in place to at least be decent, they just blew chunks.

Not to mention..comparing a small market with a Large Market Red Sox team that signed Napoli and Vic..

Keep trying though..

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for the Royals, I definitely understand small market to large market. I guess my attempt at humor was pretty crappy. The last line is still funny to me, come on Preller getting people children. oh well, its not the first time I sucked at it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the deals Preller has made. However, I don't see them as difficult trades to make. When you're giving up most of your top prospects of course the other teams are going to be interested.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to some Padre fans at work yesterday, and they were unfazed by the names heading out. Those are prospects that came in during the previous regime, that continued to produce bust-prospect after bust-prospect.

San Diego fans have no faith in the concept of prospects, so they have no problem seeing them head out.

That is why I think the new regime is doing a very good job. They are concentrating on the now by basically purging the org of any link to previous regimes. The fans are more excited about the Padres now then they have in the entire time I have lived here (since late '03).

I am not sure how the Padres will look in '16, '17 or beyond, but in '15 they will have a competitive product on the field and when I go to games, it might just feel like a Padre home game instead of a Giants home game.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to some Padre fans at work yesterday, and they were unfazed by the names heading out. Those are prospects that came in during the previous regime, that continued to produce bust-prospect after bust-prospect.

San Diego fans have no faith in the concept of prospects, so they have no problem seeing them head out.

That is why I think the new regime is doing a very good job. They are concentrating on the now by basically purging the org of any link to previous regimes. The fans are more excited about the Padres now then they have in the entire time I have lived here (since late '03).

I am not sure how the Padres will look in '16, '17 or beyond, but in '15 they will have a competitive product on the field and when I go to games, it might just feel like a Padre home game instead of a Giants home game.

I view it like this, They kept their top 3 prospects. Wisler, Hedges & Renfro, they still have Robbie Erlin as well. Myers & Middlebrooks are young players who are under control for awhile. Kemp is signed for the next 5 years. If things go south they can trade guys like Upton, Kennedy, Cashner & Ross for prospects probably better than most if not all the ones they traded away. They also have a surplus in the OF. They could put Seth Smith at 1B & trade Alonso or they could simply trade Smith. Will Venable is also a possibility to be traded. I'd be surprised if they got much for Maybin if they were to trade him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure wish I wasn't all alone on the Padres board. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator: