• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings Acquire Olli Maatta from Blackhawks

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary dump by hawks is my guess....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary dump by hawks is my guess....

Bingo. Kings just did the Hawks a favor too, Yzerman extracted a 2nd from Minnesota for the Stall deal. It addresses the hole on LD but maybe the Kings could havve gotten something else too, even a late round pick (5th or later) as Stall is a lot older than Maata. Personally I liked Hutton, not sure what the situation is there, he seemed solid and played well with this group.

Oh yeah....hey fockers.

=)~~

PS - see ya Trevor Lewis. Thanks for 2012 and 2014. His backcheck on Hamhuis in Game 5 of the WCQFs against Vancouver in OT set up Stoll's OT winner and sent a message the Kings were for real.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heya old timer, thanks for peekin in....pretty boring around here but should get interesting in this offseason a bit. I hoping Stuztle for that pick only because he seems to be one of those high skilled guys that can zip around and look flashy...i would like to watch one after what we have gotten to watch. Byfield is probably the better long term pick and as long as they dont go off board either should be solid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis was legit one of my favorite players but after that nasty fall he took a few years ago, he was not the same. He seems like a guy they would bring back as some sort of scout or something eventually.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings just took Byfield. I really hope Stutzle wasn't the guy who ends up going on to be a hall of famer. Kings are loaded with Center prospects now, so I imagine guys will just need to move to wing eventually.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still around, been reading the boards. Been a whirlwind 2020 for myself just like everyone. Kids are good - Baby Puck, my first born, will be 15 on Saturday. Freaking crazy considering many of you remember me telling you about her when she was born in 2005, Loco and many other have been with me and her for games and hockey stuff, crazy how time flies. My others are 10, 9 (10 on the 30th) and 7 (8 on 12/31). The 9 and 10 year old both got braces taken off within the last 4 weeks after 18 months with them, one in September and one yesterday. Money well spent, their smiles are amazing.

February will be the 12th anniversary of the proposed Hot Dog Toss where a court date the very next day made me rethink my judgment (but J Blow still sucks cock).

=)~~

Been busy with the kids, this homeschooling/distance learning stuff is a mess, the house is undergoing massive renovations, been riding my Harley a lot, gave up the sauce about 4 months ago, all kinds of change.

Went back to school last semester for a degree in Construction Management, leaving the business world behind. Taking 2 classes this semester, a bunch of stuff transferred in from my bachelors degree so I have 2 classes left I plan on taking in the spring and should get an Associates Degree in May 2021. Setting things up for the second half of my life, planning the CA exit in 2030 when Junior II graduates HS (he is his father to a T. Loveable asshole). Sick of this liberal hippy greedy shit state. I'll still be young at 55 and plan on moving to AK, WY, MT, SD or ND which is why I am learning construction. Not a lot of people in those places will need my business acumen.

Ms. Puck and I completely are over, she has a new BF who I do not approve of at all (met him Memorial Day weekend, introduced him to our kids a whopoing 2 weeks later, talking marriage and house. Dude has a more shady past than I do incuding time for drugs and rehab. She has gone off the deep end including instructing the kids not to tell me things that happen at her place. Acting like a teenage HS girl making poor decisions that she incorrectly blames me for), keeping my eye on it extremely closely. I already have 80/20 custody of my girls effective Sept 2019 because their mom is a dumbshit, will not hesitate to take my boys either if necessary. Since day one I have said I will protect my kids at all costs, even from the other parent. No fucks given in that sense and what makes me a good dad.

Hope everyone is doing well, nice to see some names still here. Hopefully the board will pick up tomorrow for FA and then when the season starts.

Lewis was legit one of my favorite players but after that nasty fall he took a few years ago, he was not the same. He seems like a guy they would bring back as some sort of scout or something eventually.

He grew on me at the years went by, but I was a bit disappointed in his overall career. Yes he hustled, leadership, character, etc. but for a 17th overall pick I expected more, dude couldn'y score with a beachball into the ocean. Especially when you consider the Kings traded the late Pavol Demitra for the pick and O'Sullivan, which turned out to be a bust of a deal too but for what Dumbo was planning it was a piece of the puzzle.

I guess you could say it cost the Kings nothing, Demitra was signed as a UFA the summer before by Taylor so there isn't some trade/pick/player tree that's crazy so he parlayed nothing into something but I expected a bit more like a Martin Lapointe or Chris Draper type B6 player. Happy he filled a role in LA and was a big part of those two Cups though.

And I agree, after that spill he was not the same. I can totally see him in some scouting or personnel capacity, very well liked and respected by his teammates and the organization.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings just took Byfield. I really hope Stutzle wasn't the guy who ends up going on to be a hall of famer. Kings are loaded with Center prospects now, so I imagine guys will just need to move to wing eventually.

Some guys like Vilardi can play both wing and center, so that is most likely what will happen if they make the club. I see a lot of Dumbo in this recent stretch of Bowlby, loading up prospects and playing the odds (goal was the big one with Dumbo and Quick came out of the rubble, not even a Dumbo pick). Same strategy). Whoever doesn't make it, regardless of position or talent, will be moved for a need when the time is right.

But for God's sake please keep Kempe on the wing. Dude just sucks as a center.