• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Padres Hire Bob Melvin

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AJ Cassavell of MLB.com reports that the Padres have agreed to a three-year deal with Bob Melvin to be their new manager.​

Melvin had his option for 2022 picked up by the A's, but Oakland let the long-time skipper interview for the job. He's been with Oakland since the second half of 2011, and he's managed the club to a .528 winning percentage and made the postseason six times. This will be the fourth different club the 60-year-old has managed, as he spent time with Seattle and Arizona before joining the Athletics. On paper, this seems like a good fit.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised oakland let him go, they seemed pretty content with being cheap and somewhat competitive for all these years. When he was with us he seemed so boring I always joked he would give the guys a cookie or knit a guy a sweater after striking out. That's also when he got the name silent bob.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha I actually remember people calling him Milktoast Melvin because of how blah he was here.

Regardless he seemed very steady for the A's and my hope is this move signals the beginning of the end for them. Seems like they are going thru one of their cost cutting modes. I wouldnt mind checking in on Chapman or Olsen if it comes to it. But yeah if the A's are out of the picture, that's obviously optimal

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised oakland let him go, they seemed pretty content with being cheap and somewhat competitive for all these years. When he was with us he seemed so boring I always joked he would give the guys a cookie or knit a guy a sweater after striking out. That's also when he got the name silent bob.
when the...boat is going..down......take the life raft............good job...

Bob Melvin​

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha I actually remember people calling him Milktoast Melvin because of how blah he was here.

Regardless he seemed very steady for the A's and my hope is this move signals the beginning of the end for them. Seems like they are going thru one of their cost cutting modes. I wouldnt mind checking in on Chapman or Olsen if it comes to it. But yeah if the A's are out of the picture, that's obviously optimal
prob...the signal....for re-build mode..........bob..can ...see it coming...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which A's are free agents?
There are 13 players from the 40-man roster: Mark Canha, Andrew Chafin, Jake Diekman, Mike Fiers, Yan Gomes, Josh Harrison, Jed Lowrie, Starling Marte, Mitch Moreland, Yusmeiro Petit, Trevor Rosenthal, Sergio Romo and Khris Davis.

Which players have contract options?
Diekman has a $4 million club option for 2022. The A’s can also choose to buy out his contract for $750,000. Chafin has a $5.25 million mutual option for ‘22 or can be bought out for $500,000. Teams have until the fifth day after the end of the World Series to decide on '22 contract options.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a non-tender candidate? When is that deadline?
The crop of players eligible for arbitration this offseason includes Sean Manaea, Chris Bassitt, Chad Pinder, Frankie Montas, Lou Trivino, Adam Kolarek, Sean Murphy, Tony Kemp, Ramón Laureano, Matt Chapman and Matt Olson.

Considering that Kolarek was sent to the Minors after a rough start to the season and was never recalled again, he could be seen as a non-tender option. The deadline to tender players a contract for next season is Dec.

who needs to be added to the A's 40-man roster to avoid the Rule 5 Draft, and do they have a roster crunch?
Nick Allen (Oakland's No. 3 prospect), Jordan Diaz (No. 11) and Austin Beck (No. 28) are players ranked among the A’s Top 30 prospects who must be added to the 40-man roster to avoid being exposed to other clubs in the Rule 5 Draft, which is scheduled for Dec. 8. Players must be added to the 40-man roster by Nov. 19 to be protected.

with how many..free agents they have...this should not be a prob...........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whom might they be willing to trade?
Any trade the A’s make for Major League pieces would likely involve them dealing from a strong depth of infielders in their Minor League system. Pitching prospects like A.J. Puk (No. 4) and Daulton Jefferies (No. 5) might also be of interest to clubs.
Aug 2, 2021
·
1:04

Daulton Jefferies' first MLB win​

The whispers about the A’s possibly trading the Matts (Chapman and Olson) will continue to grow this offseason as both get more expensive in arbitration. There has been no indication from the A’s front office that either player is available for trade.
Melvin departs A's to become Padres skipper
Photo headshot of A.J. Puk

A.J. Puk
LHP
Oakland Athletics Logo

Oakland Athletics
MLB2021266' 7" / 248 lbsLL
not a matter of stuff for Puk, who possesses some of the best of any left-handed prospect in baseball. What has kept him a step behind from other top lefties has been his command. He brings a power fastball that reached triple digits at times during his stint in the big leagues. It’s the heater mixed in with a nasty slider -- which sits in the low 90s -- that leads to plenty of swing-and-misses. He also mixes in a changeup and curveball to give him a solid four-pitch mix. Before cutting his long flowing hair, Puk and his 6-foot-7 frame drew comparisons to Hall of Fame lefty Randy Johnson.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this...........is a wind............machine
1800 Ship Names ~ 35+ images 19th century names on passenger lists  familytree, 138 best images about merchant ship 1800, the royal navy rate  ship of the line hms victory

seems like ..........people...just...get........dumb..and dumber...actually..............stupid is what we are looking for here.........

stupid dull, dense, crass, dumb mean lacking in power to absorb ideas or impressions. stupid implies a slow-witted or dazed state of mind that may be either congenital or temporary.

The term dumb as a descriptor for someone lacking the ability to speak was once common, and from the early 19th century, it featured in the names of schools and advocacy organizations. In that same century, however, rejection of the term by the population it aimed to describe began, and by the end of the 20th century, the offensiveness of dumb was widely recognized. When a single term to describe someone who lacks the ability to speak is called for, the term mute is used inst

this............is a worse one........

Top 10 Wind Turbine Manufacturers in India 2019 | Largest Wind Turbine  Companies - Technavio

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with...only......1/4...the teeth................but........with plastic sails..............on the tube............is even a better design........what...flying....stupid people we are.
.......lolololol

Helical Gear - Helical Gears Manufacturer from Ghaziabad
Muffle tubes for temperatures up to 1200 ºC (2190 ºF). — Sandvik Materials  Technology

helical...is what im looking for...here
trying........to remake......century s............old technology..........they have learned............nothing.......

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 4,370,000 results (0.92 seconds)

Thomas Edison – 10,000 Ways That Won’t Work​

10,000 Ways That Won't Work

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
-Thomas Edison

Edison was famous for never giving up in his search for the construction of the electric light bulb. Without his tenacity and almost hard-headed way of never giving up, his idea may not have ever come to fruition. What if we didn’t have the light bulb? My life at this very moment would be vastly different. It’s difficult to see anything but failure when you try time and time again and nothing seems to work, but enduring through adversity is a sign of character. We can’t allow ourselves to get letdown when something doesn’t go our way. Look at life’s little disasters as just another “way that won’t work”, and find an alternative path.

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

“I have not failed 10,000 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 10,000 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”Jun 11, 2011

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cool...bob...i get...it...go..big.....PADRES..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t like him at all, but hindsight is I don’t think I’d would have liked anyone following Lou.