• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paddock

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Paddock was on the NHL channel today (@ home sick) and basically said the Flyers aren't going to do much by the trade deadline. They may add some more forward depth because they were hit hard last year with injuries to Carts and Gags better to be safe.

They feel that their D and goaltending depth is adequate at this stage but you never know what's going to get dangled out there. But all in all they're happy with the development of those positions.

He also tipped off that any players they go after won't make the lineup better just protect them from a bad case of injuries. They like some of the players in the minors but the problem is that they don't want to have to rely on inexperience in key games which makes sense.

All in all there are no guarantees but I have confidence in their chances at this time of the year and it was nice to hear calmness from management at this point....its not like they have to add a big splash to this years team. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. THIS team has gotten us to this point, and we really could only use insurance for injuries.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
88 points total last year, 71 points at the break this year, i think we're ok

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
88 points total last year, 71 points at the break this year, i think we're ok

2nd

Some help..

> Usercp

> Edit Details

> Scroll to bottom -- "Favorite Team" -- pick Philadelphia Flyers -- Save Changes. :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some help..

> Forget what Tox said

> Think long and hard why you cheer for the Philthy Flyers

> Repeatedly smack yourself upside the head :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm feeling trollish this morning...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm feeling trollish this morning...

Yeah.....getting tired of your thread hijacking. May have to get creative with a few of your posts. You know.....maybe reveal your feminine side.

What do you think??

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....getting tired of your thread hijacking. May have to get creative with a few of your posts. You know.....maybe reveal your feminine side.

What do you think??

lol, oh shit... The iron fist is coming out. :eek:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the only question are we happy going into the playoffs with Nodl playing on Richie's line...can he continue to play well or should he be upgraded and be a reserve?

Otherwise I think the teams pretty much set I like the goaltending Bob's gaining confidence every game now and as for the 4th line Shelley probably won't be needed in the playoffs so Carcillo could take his slot to form a nice quick 4th line with some potential to score.

I think Homer would love to find another gritty vet like Lappy to be ready on the sidelines so we'll see who they find...maybe another good faceoff guy although the centers have picked it up of late.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i am not happy with nodl being richies partner, it looks like he has hit the wall for players on their first year up in the bigs. hes slow. i think a few games scratch could help him, or maybe even the nice long all star break, we'll see.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
richy always gets the rooks on his line lol.....and he still leads the team in points that tells a lot about him.......playoffs come nodl betts and carbomb.....jvr richy and pick up a playoff vet keep the d as is....walker is your back up if something happens with barts....no other goalies out there to back up bob...i like bouch just not clutch enough still shows his back up skills lol.....lets do this gents lets go flyers

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think much is going to change.. lava already has to pick who to scratch.. and with JvR playing like a force recently, the ZGC line looking like the best line in the NHL the past 2 games, and the 22-4-2 record with carcillo in the lineup (vs. 11-8-3 without), i'm starting to think those 3, which were his favorites to be benched, are must plays now

either shelley gets the hook or powe/nodl join the rotation in the press box

the team is loaded with depth.. it has 13 quality NHL forwards, 6 high quality NHL d-men (+2 serviceable d-men), and 3 quality NHL goalies.. i dont expect any moves to be honest.