• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers wr greg jenning out for the rest of the season??

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They won't miss a beat - GB has the best 'next man up' receiving squad in the NFL...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. You can call me a dick, or an asshole, a hater... whatever, I don't mind. Glad to see injuries happen to morons who accept FAR less than what they're worth for an organization and fanbase that spit on you once you no longer hold value to them... while pumping you up as the best player that ever walked this Earth when you wear their uniform.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bit of a blow to my fantasy team. Though if Laurinaitis gets more than eight tackles tonight, it won't matter anyway. Go Seahawks' aerial assault! Shit.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How dare you.... :peep:

Haha. Guess I should have said, "Go Rams' clock-eating, ball-control offense," but I can only stretch reality so far.

Of course, best-case scenario is a minor injury knocking Laurinaitis out of the game, but I generally don't like to actively root for an injury. In this case I might make an exception, though. Rough week with Jennings going down, Gore getting only 10 carries (though decent fantasy production), AJ Green getting kept out of the endzone, and Novarro doing nothing. Sean Lee and his 11 points were sitting on my bench while Bowman racked up 2.5. Ugh.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. You can call me a dick, or an asshole, a hater... whatever, I don't mind. Glad to see injuries happen to morons who accept FAR less than what they're worth for an organization and fanbase that spit on you once you no longer hold value to them... while pumping you up as the best player that ever walked this Earth when you wear their uniform.

Sarcasm?

If not that's some of the most backward ass logic I've ever heard. "oh he didn't suck his team dry and demand record contracts? I'M GLAD HE'S HURT!" :llama:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm?

If not that's some of the most backward ass logic I've ever heard. "oh he didn't suck his team dry and demand record contracts? I'M GLAD HE'S HURT!" :llama:

I don't necessarily agree or disagree, but I think 3YB is envious/jealous of good teams being good because everyone signs for less and they get better. Teams that aren't as good, obviously winning wise can't attract a solid core, they may be able to throw a bunch of money at one or two players but never will get the deal that great teams get. It seems to be fair but unfair. Perfectly legitimate, but seems to be stacked against you. Having said that, if we want that luxury, we must get better and better. We will eventually get someone to sign with us because we're good.

Then again, some people just don't like people acting out of their best interest. Winning may be in your best interest, but one injury can prevent you from winning that and you have no (remaining) contract to fall back on. Plus, there is a legitimate claim that Packers do exactly what he said: make you out to be the best until you're gone. Teams should, within the structure accepted, pay their players for their contribution because relative to other players, they deserve it. Relative to other professions, that's another matter. What's the point of salary caps if these guys sign for less? But then again, it's a negotiation, there are minimums prescribed, and how would the league police it? It seems threelittlebirds likes the karma police - not sure whether it's GB or Jennings football karma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree or disagree, but I think 3YB is envious/jealous of good teams being good because everyone signs for less and they get better. Teams that aren't as good, obviously winning wise can't attract a solid core, they may be able to throw a bunch of money at one or two players but never will get the deal that great teams get. It seems to be fair but unfair. Perfectly legitimate, but seems to be stacked against you. Having said that, if we want that luxury, we must get better and better. We will eventually get someone to sign with us because we're good.

Jealousy is a weak trait, it's nothing more than a false sense of entitlement. If Greg Jennings is happy enough to take less money, and you knock him because "he might have come to your team for more" you are just a delusional selfish person. Let the man be happy, Some of us are about more than money.

If the feeling is "packer fans don't appreciate him" why hate Jennings for it?

Then again, some people just don't like people acting out of their best interest. Winning may be in your best interest, but one injury can prevent you from winning that and you have no (remaining) contract to fall back on. Plus, there is a legitimate claim that Packers do exactly what he said: make you out to be the best until you're gone. Teams should, within the structure accepted, pay their players for their contribution because relative to other players, they deserve it. Relative to other professions, that's another matter. What's the point of salary caps if these guys sign for less? But then again, it's a negotiation, there are minimums prescribed, and how would the league police it? It seems threelittlebirds likes the karma police - not sure whether it's GB or Jennings football karma.

again money isn't everything. You see someone making a few million per year and think "he isn't acting in his best interests"? Who the fuck are we to decide what his best interests are? He is a multimillionaire doing what he loves, working toward a goal with a team he loves and doing it in a less sellfish way.

People complain when every player wants record contracts, then they complain that they didn't get paid enough and celebrate injuries because they aren't rich enough? wtf kind of sick mentality is that? "you aren't as rich as you could be, I'm glad you got hurt" wtfffffff

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys let this reject post here? Interesting.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McCarthy: “Safe to say” Jennings will be back for playoffs | ProFootballTalk

It sounds like Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings may not play again in the regular season, but coach Mike McCarthy was upbeat about Jennings’ health on Monday.

Mike McCarthy said that Jennings will be out a “couple weeks.”

“The last time I added that up, that’s 2-3 weeks,” McCarthy said.

Of course there are only three weeks left in the regular season. But McCarthy said it sounds “safe to say” that Jennings will be back for the playoffs.

Which is probably why McCarthy was so upbeat.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll send him a get well card,,,,,

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealousy is a weak trait, it's nothing more than a false sense of entitlement. If Greg Jennings is happy enough to take less money, and you knock him because "he might have come to your team for more" you are just a delusional selfish person. Let the man be happy, Some of us are about more than money.

If the feeling is "packer fans don't appreciate him" why hate Jennings for it?

again money isn't everything. You see someone making a few million per year and think "he isn't acting in his best interests"? Who the fuck are we to decide what his best interests are? He is a multimillionaire doing what he loves, working toward a goal with a team he loves and doing it in a less sellfish way.

People complain when every player wants record contracts, then they complain that they didn't get paid enough and celebrate injuries because they aren't rich enough? wtf kind of sick mentality is that? "you aren't as rich as you could be, I'm glad you got hurt" wtfffffff

I was paraphrasing and trying to put forth the other side of the argument, trying to explain what I thought he was saying. I have no problem with people signing for less than they can get. I don't like the Packers but I find no fault in that. Jealousy is a weak trait, perhaps 3YB can correct me when I said his opinion was based upon that. I disclaimed any agreement/disagreement because I was trying to avoid criticizing anyone and I can see how one could think it was competitive balance problem (though a tough shit problem), but if this put me in the celebrating injuries camp, count me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was paraphrasing and trying to put forth the other side of the argument, trying to explain what I thought he was saying. I have no problem with people signing for less than they can get. I don't like the Packers but I find no fault in that. Jealousy is a weak trait, perhaps 3YB can correct me when I said his opinion was based upon that.

Now hold on there,,,,I hate the Packers and jealousy has nothing to do with it,,,,and this is a old hate so don't go there,,,,,he may have good reason

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hold on there,,,,I hate the Packers and jealousy has nothing to do with it,,,,and this is a old hate so don't go there,,,,,he may have good reason

True... and I tried to present what they were, IMO. Other good reasons don't exclude all possible jealousy and even if it were jealousy, it wouldn't mean that it wasn't some good reasons, too. Sometimes it would pay for me to keep my mouth shut, but I wasn't trying to insult.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
unless Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees gets an MCL, we should just worry about our own team. :-)