• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers trade Hundley

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got sent to Seattle for a 2019 draft pick

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move.
  • His value has peaked (which is minimal)
  • He's a free agent after the season
  • Packers aren't going to re-sign him
  • They've got Kizer under contract for a couple more years and they're basically the same player
  • They didn't want to hold 3 QBs on the active roster
  • Might as well get something for him instead of releasing him outright or letting him walk for nothing

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move.
  • His value has peaked (which is minimal)
  • He's a free agent after the season
  • Packers aren't going to re-sign him
  • They've got Kizer under contract for a couple more years and they're basically the same player
  • They didn't want to hold 3 QBs on the active roster
  • Might as well get something for him instead of releasing him outright or letting him walk for nothing

lets add
  • he's not a viable back up as we found out last year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Kizer is?
Kizer has basically the same experience but didnt receive the same amount of training. I think it has more to do with team control since they are similar players right now. Plus if AR goes down the season is lost either way.

smart move

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets add
  • he's not a viable back up as we found out last year.

I think he is a viable backup in this league.

The Packers have been built around Aaron Rodgers. That was a difficult situation for any backup QB to step into - much less one who had no regular season experience - and he did manage to squeak three wins out during that time. And his losses were to NO, DET, BAL, PIT, MIN & DET - every one of those teams finished the season with a winning record. Also, McCarthy did not exactly put Hundley in the best position to succeed either. He handcuffed Hundley to an extent with his play-calling - being too careful with him early and struggling to call plays that maximize his strengths.

I don't know if Hundley will re-sign with Seattle as a backup to Wilson, but if I was Seattle I'd be comfortable with Hundley as my backup. He's still young, he has some game experience and his skillset is rather similar to Wilson's.

Last edited:

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kizer has basically the same experience but didnt receive the same amount of training. I think it has more to do with team control since they are similar players right now. Plus if AR goes down the season is lost either way.

smart move

This.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a viable backup in this league.

The Packers have been built around Aaron Rodgers. That was a difficult situation for any backup QB to step into - much less one who had no regular season experience - and he did manage to squeak three wins out during that time. And his losses were to NO, DET, BAL, PIT, CAR, MIN & DET - every one of those teams finished the season with a winning record. Also, McCarthy did not exactly put Hundley in the best position to succeed either. He handcuffed Hundley to an extent with his play-calling - being too careful with him early and struggling to call plays that maximize his strengths.

I don't know if Hundley will re-sign with Seattle as a backup to Wilson, but if I was Seattle I'd be comfortable with Hundley as my backup. He's still young, he has some game experience and his skillset is rather similar to Wilson's.

Awesome company response. Personally, watching him last year in pre season I thought he looked bad. And then it really showed when he had to play in the regular season. I understand your explanation but in the end he has to perform regardless of the situation. Now, the defense didn't help out any which added to the losses but even in pre season he didn't look like he would be able to come in and win games.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him. I have a firm belief that a backup QB needs to prepare themselves as a starter. In fact, they should be of the mindset they are going to compete for the starting job even if they're behind Rodgers, Brady or any other elite QB. I don't think he did that, and we saw the results of that lack of preparation when he did play.

My hope is Kizer understands this, but I don't want to find out this season...