• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Packers @ Redskins

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry fellas i had to leave last night for a family emergency . nothing life threatening but still had to get the wife checked out all the same

Glad to know that everything is all right. whatever the issue is/was, I hope there are zero concerns that it will ever be an issue again.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is cinn at redskins a coast to coast game it just says fox does that mean everybody will get the game please respond i need to make plans to watch next sunday at 330

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's all true. I'd put it this way. if you ask me to name the best player ever I'll go with Rodgers (and defend that and think I'm right and all that) but it comes with caveats...

1. I've never seen Marino or Montana or tons of other greats play (though I'm not sure i NEED to to make th is argument)
2. I'm not sure how to compare positions. Like I'm saying best player ever but really I mean best qb ever and then I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt for being a qb.
3. I'm not considering it a career accomplishments award (that would be brady) but simply a "best player" or "best qb" argument.

What do they do better than rodgers?

Let's bring this back a bit. My original comment was related to something that Joe Theesman (I know) said during the broadcast oflast nights game. In it he said that Aaron Rodgers was the best pure passer ever in terms of spin of the ball, well hell here's the quote from the game last night (13:17 mark of the 1st Qtr.)

"I think that he's the greatest pure passer that the game of football has ever seen. Spins it better than anybody, quick release better than anybody, accuracy uncanny."

After trying to see if this was just a one time thing by Theesman, I found this.

.............But the latest from NFL Network analyst Joe Theismann should open some eyes.

“Rodgers, in my personal opinion, is the greatest quarterback when it comes to throwing the football ever to play the game,” Theismann said on “Playbook” Friday. “The release, the quickness he gets it out, the spin on the ball, the position of the ball, everything is absolutely dead perfect. It isn’t just once or twice, its repeated time after time.”

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they do better than rodgers?

Well in addition to playing the position as an actual player in stead of a overly protected commodity, they all played against defenses that were allowed to actually play defense. (Bump and run for example) and hit the quarterback. BTW: Warren Moon actually delivered the most artful, prettiest pass ever.

Then there's real testimony from pros and outside observers as well, well see for yourself. The first 7-8 minutes or so are about his school days.

[VIDEO]
Dan Marino (Best Pure Passer in NFL History) NFL Legends ...
upload_2017-8-20_16-56-57.jpegClick to view
1:00:00
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3NX8QmO3Y8

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's bring this back a bit. My original comment was related to something that Joe Theesman (I know) said during the broadcast oflast nights game. In it he said that Aaron Rodgers was the best pure passer ever in terms of spin of the ball, well hell here's the quote from the game last night (13:17 mark of the 1st Qtr.)

"I think that he's the greatest pure passer that the game of football has ever seen. Spins it better than anybody, quick release better than anybody, accuracy uncanny."

After trying to see if this was just a one time thing by Theesman, I found this.

.............But the latest from NFL Network analyst Joe Theismann should open some eyes.

“Rodgers, in my personal opinion, is the greatest quarterback when it comes to throwing the football ever to play the game,” Theismann said on “Playbook” Friday. “The release, the quickness he gets it out, the spin on the ball, the position of the ball, everything is absolutely dead perfect. It isn’t just once or twice, its repeated time after time.”

I think everything he said is 100% correct.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to know that everything is all right. whatever the issue is/was, I hope there are zero concerns that it will ever be an issue again.
my wife has a seizure disorder . nothing new , however i have to take her to the ER when it happens to document it . i know how to take care of it , however i need it on record in case we need SSN

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in addition to playing the position as an actual player in stead of a overly protected commodity, they all played against defenses that were allowed to actually play defense. (Bump and run for example) and hit the quarterback. BTW: Warren Moon actually delivered the most artful, prettiest pass ever.

Then there's real testimony from pros and outside observers as well, well see for yourself. The first 7-8 minutes or so are about his school days.

[VIDEO]
View attachment 164815Click to view

Pure passer, yeah Marino. The greatest year in NFL history was 1984.

He threw for over 5k. The next two were 4600 and 4000. Tenth was only 3300.
He threw 48 TDs. Next was only 32. Tenth was 19.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[VIDEO]
View attachment 164815Click to view

True that passing is easier now but Rodgers are better. Just means neither of those things is end all be all.

As for the video...I havent watched it all yet but Im sure we could find a bunch of former teammates and competitors to gush about Rodgers too.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure passer, yeah Marino. The greatest year in NFL history was 1984.

He threw for over 5k. The next two were 4600 and 4000. Tenth was only 3300.
He threw 48 TDs. Next was only 32. Tenth was 19.

Let me ask you, because you know what he accomplished. Should it be held against him that none of his teams won a SB?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you, because you know what he accomplished. Should it be held against him that none of his teams won a SB?

Not at all. He never had a defense that I can remember. I think offensive ranking means much more than wins.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that passing is easier now but Rodgers are better. Just means neither of those things is end all be all.

As for the video...I havent watched it all yet but Im sure we could find a bunch of former teammates and competitors to gush about Rodgers too.

Yeah it is true that there are people who would gush over Rodgers, but that doesn't account for Marino having the quickest release in history, being among the most accurate ever and by the end of his career holding every passing record ever devised.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is true that there are people who would gush over Rodgers, but that doesn't account for Marino having the quickest release in history, being among the most accurate ever and by the end of his career holding every passing record ever devised.

Rodgers release is right there. His accuracy is as well.

To be clear though - i have no problem with the argument for Marino as best qb, best player, best pure passer, or whatever. I only have a problem with dismissal of Rodgers for any of those. Hes got as strong a case as anybody.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many of us saw Otto Graham but he was once considered the best QB ever. What about Sammy Baugh, no one through the ball much until he played. No one mentioned Steve Young but when he was on top of his game few were better. Of course he had Jerry Rice which did not hurt.

I am a hair over 60 years old and every 5 or 10 years a new GOAT is announced. No one is right, no one is wrong ... except me of course. :pound:I have all of you to keep my head from getting too big though. :dhd:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers release is right there. His accuracy is as well.

To be clear though - i have no problem with the argument for Marino as best qb, best player, best pure passer, or whatever. I only have a problem with dismissal of Rodgers for any of those. Hes got as strong a case as anybody.

No argument against Rodgers at all, just responding to what Theesman said which to me had no historical perspective at all. Well, to be fair there's this: You'll be interested in #3, but using Theesmann's criteria check out what's being said of both Moon and Marino.

10 Most Accurate Throwing Quarterbacks in NFL History ...
www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/10-most-accurate-throwing-quarterbacks-in...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument against Rodgers at all, just responding to what Theesman said which to me had no historical perspective at all. Well, to be fair there's this: You'll be interested in #3, but using Theesmann's criteria check out what's being said of both Moon and Marino.

10 Most Accurate Throwing Quarterbacks in NFL History ...
www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/10-most-accurate-throwing-quarterbacks-in...

2 things of note...

1- I have never understood the love affair for Montana. He was easily replaced twice.

2- A Cowboy fan must have did the ranking.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a few minutes there I was thinking the Packers were going to lose this just like they do in most of their losses last year, which was not holding on to a lead and letting their opponents catch back up. Yeah I do know it's only preseason, but the first team defense wasn't bad.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife has a seizure disorder . nothing new , however i have to take her to the ER when it happens to document it . i know how to take care of it , however i need it on record in case we need SSN

Oh my!!!! Sorry to hear what your wife is going through there. Well it is good that you are a loving husband and a good caretaker. Sounds like you know what to do when these seizures occurs. Best of luck there.