• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers offense only scored 17

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When you consider that Aaron Rodgers only scored 24 points (17 when you acknowledge the final touchdown was against prevent and only happened after a phantom defensive pass interference call) the defense has me really excited for their return to greatness. The Patriots are the only team remaining that gives me pause.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When you consider that Aaron Rodgers only scored 24 points (17 when you acknowledge the final touchdown was against prevent and only happened after a phantom defensive pass interference call) the defense has me really excited for their return to greatness. The Patriots are the only team remaining that gives me pause.

But...the Packers are really good. I can't believe they lost!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Also, 7 of those points were BS points that shouldn't have even existed if it weren't for the ref's giving a gift to the Packers (taking away a pick) & calling PI on Brown when it was actually OPI.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 7 of those points were BS points that shouldn't have even existed if it weren't for the ref's giving a gift to the Packers (taking away a pick) & calling PI on Brown when it was actually OPI.

I was at the game and didn't realize how bad that call was until I watched the game on the DVR. Should've been a 1 TD 2 INT day for Rodgers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers' 2nd TD only happens two or three times of out 10. The James Jones catch on 3rd and 3 was just ridiculous (and a little bit lucky).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins Championships, along with 579 yards on offense :)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers' 2nd TD only happens two or three times of out 10. The James Jones catch on 3rd and 3 was just ridiculous (and a little bit lucky).

And poor execution by Culliver. He was there and couldn't locate the ball.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And poor execution by Culliver. He was there and couldn't locate the ball.

I guess you mean that he located it late? Cause he jumped to try and get his hand in the way and was maybe less than an inch away from deflecting it for an incomplete pass.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you mean that he located it late? Cause he jumped to try and get his hand in the way and was maybe less than an inch away from deflecting it for an incomplete pass.

I wonder if we're talking about the same pass. The one I'm thinking of was in the first quarter and went about 44 yards.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we're talking about the same pass. The one I'm thinking of was in the first quarter and went about 44 yards.

The bomb to James Jones? Unless I'm confusing it with another one, I am pretty sure Cully just missed deflecting it, he might even have got a bit of it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bomb to James Jones? Unless I'm confusing it with another one, I am pretty sure Cully just missed deflecting it, he might even have got a bit of it.

I'll have to re-watch it, but IIRC, Culliver was there and didn't defense the pass. It seemed underthrown. He had a rough day.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver just wasn't in good position to jump up and make a play on that ball. I thought the Niners had it played perfectly; Culliver just couldn't gather himself to jump for the ball.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully.png

This isn't a great picture, but Cully tried to make a play on it but just wasn't able to, in my opinion it was a really lucky pass

Honestly too, it looks like Cully reacted late and jumped weird. Anyway, he was definitely in position to stop that but he screwed up. I guess that is the bottom line.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That happened late in the 1st Quarter.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully.png

This isn't a great picture, but Cully tried to make a play on it but just wasn't able to, in my opinion it was a really lucky pass

Honestly too, it looks like Cully reacted late and jumped weird. Anyway, he was definitely in position to stop that but he screwed up. I guess that is the bottom line.

Maybe Cully just can't jump, but I doubt that. His vertical is probably well over 30 inches.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked it up. Culliver turned in a 38-inch vertical at the combine. I think he was just in an awkward position and couldn't gather himself to jump. He got no air in his leap there.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started looking back for the pass pretty early
Cully2.png

You're probably right about him having trouble locating it or something, or he just misjudged it because I think you're right that it was under thrown and he should have been in position to stop it.

Cully3.png

Cully4.png

Jones came back for it and got the early jump, which probably helped him haul it in just beyond Cully's fingertips.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked it up. Culliver turned in a 38-inch vertical at the combine. I think he was just in an awkward position and couldn't gather himself to jump. He got no air in his leap there.

I think I figured it out, it looks like since Jones jumped first, when Cully jumped he jumped into Jones and that stopped or slowed his vertical motion just enough that Cully couldn't get high enough and then that ball just missed his fingertips.

Cully5.png

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Culliver just mistimed his jump and possibly didn't get 100% total liftoff that he could possibly get. I thought I remember saying to myself that it appeared he took off a hair too early. Being another half inch or so would have helped, but obviously that's unrealistic. Also, I think he was beat midway through the route but as usual, recovered nicely using that recovery speed of his.

Straighten me out if needed and I'd be happy to get back to anybody after I look at it again.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, C'mon - This is why we get called forty-whiners. They scored 24 pts because our defense gave up 24 pts - it is as simple as that. We never once played prevent on that final scoring drive.

Aaron & Company mounted a 'hurry-up'-12 play-77 yard drive against our pass rush and our dime packages, a drive that included one 3rd & one 4th down conversion. We allowed a garbage time TD to Arizona in much the same fashion. We simply MUST do a better job of finishing.

As for the penalty, the ref was pulling the flag on contact, so it probably should have been an "illegal contact" 5-yard penalty and not PI. I do agree if there was PI it was more so OPI. But aside from that debate - they scored 24 because we gave up 24.