• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers boost defense with edge rushers Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith, safety Adrian Amos

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason why the Bears didn't extend Amos last season while extending Eddie Goldman. There's also a reason both the Bears and the Broncos (Fangio) didn't make an effort to sign him this season (Broncos signed Kareem Jackson) and the Bears aren't rushing to sign someone to replace him. Going into 2017, the Bears signed Quentin Demps to play over him and Amos was forced back into duty when Demps got hurt. Amos' best years both came next to Eddie Jackson. He's not worth $9 mil per season.

That said, he's a good young player. He's always where he needs to be, won't break down in coverage and can play the run. He's not a play maker but won't be liability either, and he's a good dude you don't have to worry about getting into trouble or spoiling the locker room. The Packers overpaid but not drastically or anything: he's a good addition to any team.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason why the Bears didn't extend Amos last season while extending Eddie Goldman. There's also a reason both the Bears and the Broncos (Fangio) didn't make an effort to sign him this season (Broncos signed Kareem Jackson) and the Bears aren't rushing to sign someone to replace him. Going into 2017, the Bears signed Quentin Demps to play over him and Amos was forced back into duty when Demps got hurt. Amos' best years both came next to Eddie Jackson. He's not worth $9 mil per season.

That said, he's a good young player. He's always where he needs to be, won't break down in coverage and can play the run. He's not a play maker but won't be liability either, and he's a good dude you don't have to worry about getting into trouble or spoiling the locker room. The Packers overpaid but not drastically or anything: he's a good addition to any team.

I think every team overpays at some point. It isn’t the first time and it won’t be the last. I don’t believe GB thinks he’s the answer to their prayers but getting an experienced player at the safety position had to be a priority. I imagine if there is one in the draft worth going after they will make the effort. If he does his job like you said then he will be worth it since GB hasn’t had anyone in that slot that did their job for years. I know you can relate to overpaid players with having Cutler as your QB for years. :D