• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pack working on a new deal for Morgan Burnett

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news. Burnett is a very good safety, and it'll be good to get this taken care of this year yet. Now, just need to find someone competent to play next to him. Personally, my money is on McMillan.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news. Burnett is a very good safety, and it'll be good to get this taken care of this year yet. Now, just need to find someone competent to play next to him. Personally, my money is on McMillan.
Yeah, I like McMillan......and lets just hope Burnett stays healthy.....

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like McMillan......and lets just hope Burnett stays healthy.....

Good morning alldaybababy55 and jedstar. I am sure both of you gentlemen are glad the week is over. I love Morgan Burnett and McMillan as well. I know you are both correct and we need to keep them healthy this year as well as the rest of the Packers players. We have been bombarded for the past 3 seasons it seems with injuries. I would love to have a season this year not like the past with so many players out for the year and injured. I wish that on no team. I had rather beat a team with everyone playing on both teams. SMILE GO PACK GO

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really concerned about Burnett's health. I know he tore his ACL his rookie season, but since has started all 32 games past two seasons and played every defensive snap last year. Definitely on board for an extension, he is only 24 and steadily improving each year. Could see a deal done soon

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett is a future star safety in this league. Following in Sharper and Collins steps.....I always speculate what it could've been to have both Collins and Burnett as our safetys. Burnett gets hurt right away first year. Collins breaks his neck week 5 of Burnetts comeback campaign... hardly his shining moments

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett is a future star safety in this league. Following in Sharper and Collins steps.....I always speculate what it could've been to have both Collins and Burnett as our safetys. Burnett gets hurt right away first year. Collins breaks his neck week 5 of Burnetts comeback campaign... hardly his shining moments

Good morning eliandco and I totally agree with you and the rest of the Packer gurus comments on this thread. I would have loved to have seen that combination of Burnett and Collins as well. I am still sick about Collins playing days as a Packer end so early in his life. He was a great player and always gave the Packers 100 percent. I have not heard anything about what he is doing now. I would love to see the Packers bring him back in some form or fashion to the Packers organization. I think he could have some good advice for our players. SMILE GO PACK GO

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have the money to do it after releasing Charles Woodson.

Unless he had a year left on his contract.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett is definitely an important piece to re-establishing a top defense. Much like Collins, he gave Thompson breathing room to focus on other positions this year.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't go that far. Burnett is a solid safety but in order to be a star, you have to have at least one specific trait that makes you special. Burnett is more of an all-around player. He's the guy you want as a reliable starter; not your hard-hitting stud Safety.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. 4 years, a little under 25 mil, 8+ mil guaranteed. Good deal for both parties.

Something I didn't realize....dude has missed 16 snaps TOTAL in the past 2 years.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. 4 years, a little under 25 mil, 8+ mil guaranteed. Good deal for both parties.

Something I didn't realize....dude has missed 16 snaps TOTAL in the past 2 years.

Yep... just saw this and agree good for both sides.

Burnett is big friends with Shields as well who has 1 year deal right now.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. Burnett is a solid safety but in order to be a star, you have to have at least one specific trait that makes you special. Burnett is more of an all-around player. He's the guy you want as a reliable starter; not your hard-hitting stud Safety.

Burnett is a ball hawk! He was as a rookie. Now that he was given a lot of responsibilities, he has been playing different parts of the game, and he still makes a lot of interceptions... Lets not forget his stats depend on the front 7 doing their job...which they didn't do the last 2 years. And when they do come to play, a veteran Burnett will be a terror!!!

I would like to see a clean up hitter at the other safety spot. looking to see what McMillan brings this year...I heard he likes to hit. And like House, he paid for it with an injury...

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh. Mcmillan played in 16 games last year...oh well. I guess I will watch to see if I notice him this year more. lol

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett is a ball hawk! He was as a rookie. Now that he was given a lot of responsibilities, he has been playing different parts of the game, and he still makes a lot of interceptions... Lets not forget his stats depend on the front 7 doing their job...which they didn't do the last 2 years. And when they do come to play, a veteran Burnett will be a terror!!!

I would like to see a clean up hitter at the other safety spot. looking to see what McMillan brings this year...I heard he likes to hit. And like House, he paid for it with an injury...

I don't disagree with that. All I'm saying is that he's no Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu/etc.

I like the signing. :suds:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh. Mcmillan played in 16 games last year...oh well. I guess I will watch to see if I notice him this year more. lol

Split time with Jennings, Jennings probably got more playing time as was more familiar with assignments. But McMillan is the bigger hitter, I am hoping he can win the training camp battle and he steps up.

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning TaintHappening and I agree it is good for both sides. I love him and Shields both. I think they will be even better this season. Lets just keep our Packers healthy on both sides of the ball this year. SMILE GO PACK GO