• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pack at Lions #sweep #roarto4 #Praterdrunkagain

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's no fucking reason Journey isn't the haltime show in San Fran.

But I'm sure Chicks and Euro queers will be pumped for Coldplay.

(I don't change the channel when that Paradise song comes on though.)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

I'm getting fucked up tonight.

Why did I let myself think we could win? We prolly still lose the last matchup in OT! It's coming.

Nah. The Packers gave us one. Last night, we gave it back.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fine with the offensive or defensive calls, by our coaches

I get what your puttin' down here and I'm honestly not bashing Stafford, even tho it comes across that way, but there were quite a few plays that should have worked

Stafford did have CJ streaking down the left sideline with 3 steps on his defender when we got to see a submarine baseball pitch thrown by an NFL QB. Plus, twice in the second half Stafford had CJ on the right sideline on deep outs where he overthrew him (CJ had a step or two on his defender there too). OR Stafford overthrowing CJ at back of end zone near uprights but Stafford was trying to help a kid out in the 10th row with a souvenir.

There's lots of plays that this offense had a right play called that didn't work out but we know by 2021 Stafford will be getting close to having all these issues worked out for the positive.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take a walk around the corner. Not sure if I want the good stuff or the rotgut. I'm not sure if I will get banned tonight. I haven't been as drunk as I'm going to get, in a long time.
I get what your puttin' down here and I'm honestly not bashing Stafford, even tho it comes across that way, but there were quite a few plays that should have worked

Stafford was off last night. If he hadn't been, it would have been Philadelphia all over again.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff wasn't perfect last night, but I thought he played well. He didn't call a bunch of neutered runs with a shittyass back when it was time to get first downs and ice it.

He did find Fuller and Jones for firsts. A lit into Tates bitchass like a grown man. I liked a lot of Numba nines game last night. Especially moving and running. He looked good there.

And he had nothing to do with the defense getting trucked in the second half.

I was happy GB didn't onside kick before Staffs fumble. Figured that would be the big momentum swing. I was wrong.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff wasn't perfect last night, but I thought he played well. He didn't call a bunch of neutered runs with a shittyass back when it was time to get first downs and ice it.

my afterthought on the 3rd and 1 1/2 yards to go would have been a 32 set. Bring in Ngata or Caraun Reid and stuff them inside next to (1) of Reiff or Waddle with both Pettigrew and Ebron flanking outside on opposite ends. Bell should have been the FB with Riddick as RB. It would have given a safety valve with Riddick in the backfield and having Bell as lead blocker. No, I wouldn't have used Burton in this instance. jmo

had Ola not been injured I would have said Waddle (not Ngata or Reid) as the third of the 32 set extra jumbo

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was off last night.

sure, he had some bad moments here and there with over/under throws but he also had some check offs at the line that worked out too. He was eerily close to bailing this team out and send those packers home when it was 20-7 and 20-14. it didn't happen but it surely wasn't his fault alone.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, he had some bad moments here and there with over/under throws but he also had some check offs at the line that worked out too. He was eerily close to bailing this team out and send those packers home when it was 20-7 and 20-14. it didn't happen but it surely wasn't his fault alone.

He played a good game. It's unfortunate he was off on those two long throws to CJ. He usually hits those.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take a walk around the corner. Not sure if I want the good stuff or the rotgut. I'm not sure if I will get banned tonight. I haven't been as drunk as I'm going to get, in a long time.

Went middle of the road. Cabo. Now where's that 12 gauge shot glass?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford was off last night. If he hadn't been, it would have been Philadelphia all over again.

He was on in the first half and way off in the second half. The one issue I've had is its been a long time since seeing a coaching staff willing to coach with a foot on your opponents throat when leading a lopsided game. Way to conservative in the second half IMO.

I would have liked to see Riddick running the ball on that last series. Would it have had better results? Prolly not, but only thing I saw having Bell in, was no fumbles. Riddick certainly has the best hands and potential to get you more than 1.2 yards.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my afterthought on the 3rd and 1 1/2 yards to go would have been a 32 set. Bring in Ngata or Caraun Reid and stuff them inside next to (1) of Reiff or Waddle with both Pettigrew and Ebron flanking outside on opposite ends. Bell should have been the FB with Riddick as RB. It would have given a safety valve with Riddick in the backfield and having Bell as lead blocker. No, I wouldn't have used Burton in this instance. jmo

had Ola not been injured I would have said Waddle (not Ngata or Reid) as the third of the 32 set extra jumbo
I'm open to any and all options, other than the one that was used.

It's impossible for me to figure out why they went that route. Kneel, or play football. Not a soul watching thought Bell would be capable of getting a first in that situation. There couldn't have been.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What killed me was the call for a pass on 3rd and 1 on that late series. Like Blue is saying beef it up and run. Either way the clock would have keep running and no clock left later for the Hail Mary play.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What killed me was the call for a pass on 3rd and 1 on that late series. Like Blue is saying beef it up and run. Either way the clock would have keep running and no clock left later for the Hail Mary play.

Agreed. I said last night. put in Pettigrew and Burton and Bell and run behind them. Burton opened up holes several times last night. Why we decided to not try it again is beyond me.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I said last night. put in Pettigrew and Burton and Bell and run behind them. Burton opened up holes several times last night. Why we decided to not try it again is beyond me.

That fugga whiffed on plenty also. Problem is, Bell is not a guy who can make the first guy miss. So missed blocks means negative yardage or a RB with a 2.1 YPC avg. I'll be happy to see if ZZ Top can stay healthy next season. He could break a tackle and a rib.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fugga whiffed on plenty also. Problem is, Bell is not a guy who can make the first guy miss. So missed blocks means negative yardage or a RB with a 2.1 YPC avg. I'll be happy to see if ZZ Top can stay healthy next season. He could break a tackle and a rib.

I like ZZ but he runs too verticle for me. Those guys tend to get busted up.