• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers should trade David West to the Raptors

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's now missed the season's first 15 games due to a "sprained" ankle. He's 34, he knows this team isn't going to compete for a championship this year - He's in no hurry to get back on the court. My proposed trade below would allow the Pacers to speed up their re-tooling process. We would get two guaranteed expiring contracts as well as continued playing time for Copeland and Lavoy Allen.

Raptors get: David West, Luis Scola

Pacers get: Amir Johnson, Landry Fields, and a 2016 2nd round pick

For Toronto, West is a more-proven Playoff performer than Johnson, who has seen his role dwindle as his team's performance has increased.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would make Toronto favorites in the East

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No body is going to take him until he has played some games. He has a weird injury and might not recover at all this season for all we know

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No body is going to take him until he has played some games. He has a weird injury and might not recover at all this season for all we know

How is a sprain ankle a weird injury? It is probably the most common injury in basketball.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a sprain ankle a weird injury? It is probably the most common injury in basketball.

Never mind - I was thinking of some one else - in his case he lost the feeling in his leg - most likely back problems that hit the sciatic nerve when that happens. Wrong David

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a good thread to bump up.

We'll see if Bird has the balls to shop West at the trade deadline with the team nearly 15 games under .500. With his poor handling on the Ron Artest trade saga still fresh in this Pacers fan's mind nearly a decade later, I kind of doubt it.
:lame:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a good thread to bump up.

We'll see if Bird has the balls to shop West at the trade deadline with the team nearly 15 games under .500. With his poor handling on the Ron Artest trade saga still fresh in this Pacers fan's mind nearly a decade later, I kind of doubt it.
:lame:

That 15 games under .500 is still only 4 games out of the playoffs in the East. OKC is about the same distance out of the West, should they start shopping their stars?
The Artest trade is not even IN anyone's mind but yours, especially not fresh after a decade. There isn't even a Ron Artest anymore, for goodness sake.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 15 games under .500 is still only 4 games out of the playoffs in the East. OKC is about the same distance out of the West, should they start shopping their stars?
The Artest trade is not even IN anyone's mind but yours, especially not fresh after a decade. There isn't even a Ron Artest anymore, for goodness sake.

Isn't he Metta World Panda now?

Indiana isn't making the playoffs. Certainly not with Detroit surging like they are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's now missed the season's first 15 games due to a "sprained" ankle. He's 34, he knows this team isn't going to compete for a championship this year - He's in no hurry to get back on the court. My proposed trade below would allow the Pacers to speed up their re-tooling process. We would get two guaranteed expiring contracts as well as continued playing time for Copeland and Lavoy Allen.

Raptors get: David West, Luis Scola

Pacers get: Amir Johnson, Landry Fields, and a 2016 2nd round pick

For Toronto, West is a more-proven Playoff performer than Johnson, who has seen his role dwindle as his team's performance has increased.

will Amir Johnson be restricted our outright free agent? I think a 2nd round pick is pretty light for West- because he would be probably the best big man to change teams at the deadline

maybe to OKC for one of their good young players like lamb or perry jones?

if amir is restricted and they like him i think maybe that would be ok

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team like Toronto would have to include a 1st.....it'd be a late 1st so it isn't a huge deal.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably because I'm the only true Pacers fan on this board.:suds:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will Amir Johnson be restricted our outright free agent? I think a 2nd round pick is pretty light for West- because he would be probably the best big man to change teams at the deadline

maybe to OKC for one of their good young players like lamb or perry jones?

if amir is restricted and they like him i think maybe that would be ok

I would agree, but I just don't think that West is that good that's he worth the price of a young talent like Perry Jones. He's certainly not worth clogging $12 million on your payroll for next year.