• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers are the Real Deal

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not their problem if the schedule has been weak for them so far, their job is to play who ever is on the schedule & take care of buisness. It's also pretty relevant that the Pacers are a much better team this season then last season, we all knew this coming in to the season. Yes it's too early to say what will happend, but bearing any big injuries Pacers could be the team to beat in the EAST.

They are big, young & athletic & well coached....(look out)
I realize that. That's why I said "not to take anything away from them"

As far as being better than last season? Only time will tell but they definitely do look better on paper.

I wouldn't bank on Granger to stay healthy. He only played 5 games last season and w/o looking it up, don't think he played in the preseason due to a calf injury. And if he does, like someone else mentioned, he could mess up the chemistry of the current starting 5. That's just speculation of course.

They certainly have the youth, size and talent, but they still lack the maturity it takes to win on the road. Especially in the playoffs. Championship caliber teams learn to win on the road in the postseason. These Pacers really haven't shown that yet.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that. That's why I said "not to take anything away from them"

As far as being better than last season? Only time will tell but they definitely do look better on paper.

I wouldn't bank on Granger to stay healthy. He only played 5 games last season and w/o looking it up, don't think he played in the preseason due to a calf injury. And if he does, like someone else mentioned, he could mess up the chemistry of the current starting 5. That's just speculation of course.

They certainly have the youth, size and talent, but they still lack the maturity it takes to win on the road. Especially in the playoffs. Championship caliber teams learn to win on the road in the postseason. These Pacers really haven't shown that yet.

Two thoughts. Granger never had any injury problems until this last season. And crashing into LBJ's superstructure could damage a lot of folk. As to maturity, I think the Pacers gained a lot of that at the end of last season. They certainly worked hard over the summer to enhance their skills. Will they actually achieve their goals? Who can say at this point. But the ones they have set speak well of their maturity as a team. First, win home court advantage throughout the playoffs. Second, win the championship. Not saying they are a lock to do it, but respect them for saying this is what they intend to do.