• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers are the Real Deal

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the smart decision but can't see him doing it. When Wade did it he already won a NBA title and finals MVP before going through some hard years in Miami. Granger haven't had much individual/team success so I'm not sure if he would be willing to do that at this point in his career.
Should be interesting either way. My GUESS is that he'd do anything to beat Miami, but we'll see

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty simple with Danny Granger - it's make it break it for him and the Pacers - he can decide one of two scenarios: 1) accept his role as a bench guy and fit in the way the Pacers want him to fit in or 2) make himself look horrible and destruct the Pacers on and off the court

This is going to be critical for not just the Pacers but for Danny Granger - this will say a lot about who he is as a player and a person and whether he wants to be known as a team-killer or a team-oriented player that is willing to sacrifice to help the team fulfill their goals of winning a championship

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Pacers are performing extremely well on defense, there is a lot of room for growth on the offense. Generally, their efficiency has improved there as well. George and Stephenson have both improved their consistency and appear to need less shots to maintain their averages. However, turnovers continue to plague the Pacers.

The idea that this team has somehow peaked is laughable. While Scola seems to be performing fairly well, they have not yet began to get Chris Copeland into the mix. I have not read anything about it thus far, but he should be getting more minutes soon. Granger should be available in a week or two, and that is the real head scratcher. I am sure they will showcase Danny for a while once he is up to speed, but with the improvement of Lance, will they keep him? I still say the only weakness the Pacers have is at point guard (with all due respect to George Hill). So this should get pretty interesting very soon.

Long tern, they will surely want to keep Lance. Granger's contract is rather hefty and he is in the final year.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Pacers are playing good ball to start the season doesn't mean that this team is peaking already. Such a short-sighted view from Heat fans.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the Pacers in the preseason. We are also forgetting that Danny Granger HAS NOT played yet. Paul George had his coming out party last year and may even be better this year in the playoffs. They have the team to compete with the Heat, I mean they took em to 7 last year.

Way too early to tell, but the Pacers have made their main goal clear. They want home court advantage throughout the playoffs. As I always say, we shall see. :agree:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Pacers are playing good ball to start the season doesn't mean that this team is peaking already. Such a short-sighted view from Heat fans.

We can hope the are peaking too early thoigh :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully heat get 3 seed and somehow the bulls beat thsm pacers :rollseyes: :hope:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the smart decision but can't see him doing it. When Wade did it he already won a NBA title and finals MVP before going through some hard years in Miami. Granger haven't had much individual/team success so I'm not sure if he would be willing to do that at this point in his career.

He has been talking the talk. We will see if he walks the walk.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called a Bulls-Pacers ECF before the season started, and nothing has changed my mind thus far.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called a Bulls-Pacers ECF before the season started, and nothing has changed my mind thus far.

The Bulls and the Pacers present interesting matchups. I really hate that long haired bastard Noah, but I respect him. He comes to play with fire and intensity. IMO, Boozer does not match up well against our roster. On the other hand, we have no one like Rose. That dang Deng has been a thorn in our sides for a while.

Feel free to disagree, but as our bench continues to develop, I believe that advantage will go to the Pacers.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls and the Pacers present interesting matchups. I really hate that long haired bastard Noah, but I respect him. He comes to play with fire and intensity. IMO, Boozer does not match up well against our roster. On the other hand, we have no one like Rose. That dang Deng has been a thorn in our sides for a while.

Feel free to disagree, but as our bench continues to develop, I believe that advantage will go to the Pacers.

I agree that Bench play will be a huge factor... although I'm pretty confident in Hinrich-Dunleavy-Gibson-Nazr though, especially if our starters stay healthy and this second group can play together as a unit for an entire season (which hasn't been the case for the Bulls the last 2 seasons).

Either way I have the East coming down to the Bulls or Pacers...

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Bench play will be a huge factor... although I'm pretty confident in Hinrich-Dunleavy-Gibson-Nazr though, especially if our starters stay healthy and this second group can play together as a unit for an entire season (which hasn't been the case for the Bulls the last 2 seasons).

Either way I have the East coming down to the Bulls or Pacers...

Gibson would be an asset to any team. Dunleavy is a know quantity to us. Deadly shooter if you let him get set. Not so much if you don't let him get his feet. Scola has played fairly well for us. I believe Chris Copeland will work himself into being a very valuable asset. Funny thing, he is listed an inch shorter than Scola, but standing side by side he appears taller and wider. Both can hit the three ball. I suspect Copeland might be better. C.J. Watson is a known to you guys. I am not really sure about him yet. Sloan is raw, but I think he may eventually be the better player of the two. Mahinmi is a very serviceable backup center. Then we will either be bringing Granger or Stephenson off the bench. Figure it will be Granger. You likely know Granger fairly well too. Excellent shooter from about any range. Surprisingly good defender and rebounder. Only weakness, usually does not take it to the hoop. Still think we may have the edge there.

Last edited by a moderator:

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Pacers going to beat the Heat? They won't make it past Brooklyn...

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bench? I would say the Nets have one of the better and deeper benches in the NBA. This will also allow Pierce and KG to be fresh near the end of the season since both of them are currently getting limited minutes. The slow start has been more about finding chemistry and D-Will early season struggles (yet again).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense pisstons but I picked Indiana to be better than Brooklyn we will see though

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always say it in football and basketball. I DO NOT want my team playing close to their best in the early part of the year. I like it that my Heat never play their best basketball until after the all star break. Good for the Pacers for having a great November (with a weak schedule BTW). This won't be anything in May when they are eliminated by Chicago, Miami, or Brooklyn
Yea....their schedule has been pretty weak so far. They open December on a tough 5gm road trip and have tough games throughout the month.

I'm not trying to take away from them....just saying.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea....their schedule has been pretty weak so far. They open December on a tough 5gm road trip and have tough games throughout the month.

I'm not trying to take away from them....just saying.

It's not their problem if the schedule has been weak for them so far, their job is to play who ever is on the schedule & take care of buisness. It's also pretty relevant that the Pacers are a much better team this season then last season, we all knew this coming in to the season. Yes it's too early to say what will happend, but bearing any big injuries Pacers could be the team to beat in the EAST.

They are big, young & athletic & well coached....(look out)

Last edited by a moderator: