• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC12 Commish Scott, reprimands officials

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ws nothing manufactured. A Wisconsin defender CLEARLY shoved an ASU reciever out of the end zone with a B1G official staring and drooling right at the play PI should have been called and it wasn't.

Not my fault it's out there as a controversy. I did look at it though and it was certainly blatant PI.

Dude, you are literally the only person calling that a controversy. Sorry, but you're just clearly wrong here bud. PAC officials are setting bar for enormous, monumentally incorrect game-altering calls, and it isn't even remotely close.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a lot of jostling and travel going into that. Guess it could work but it seems like a logistical headache planning that. All the conferences swapping officials en sech.

Plus everyone would be pissed off when they got a PAC crew...

When Ertz gained control of this ball his shoulder was out of bounds.

Ya, PAC12 referees are generally shit. Overturned this. :gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite serious that I think Iron needs to be warned or tempbanned. He's entering a thread and making accusations about a game that he knows nothing about solely for the purpose of being controversial. That's trolling in every sense.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Oregon-Oklahoma ending was the worst officiating debacle, brought to you by none other than the PAC.

That's your opinion. I reviewed it and it really was bad, however it's only ranked 7th in the link I provided.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite serious that I think Iron needs to be warned or tempbanned. He's entering a thread and making accusations about a game that he knows nothing about solely for the purpose of being controversial. That's trolling in every sense.

I hope you are joking.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warned and tempbanned for reviewing controversial calls/games and entertaining the thought that pac officials are no worse than others?

Are you stupid?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion. I reviewed it and it really was bad, however it's only ranked 7th in the link I provided.

Nothing can be worse than this. As bad ya. Not worse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIykYoM260&feature=player_detailpage]Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oregon Ducks Officiating Controversy - YouTube[/ame]

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIn1mNmgDjc&feature=player_detailpage]The officiating that changed my philosophy on life. - YouTube[/ame]

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are joking.

Not joking at all. Do you think for a second he really believes ASU was robbed in 2010 based on one picture of a third quarter PI he saw on the ESPN PAC blog? Of course he doesn't. The only reason he's bringing it up is to piss us off. It's not a good faith argument. It's trolling.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are literally the only person calling that a controversy. Sorry, but you're just clearly wrong here bud. PAC officials are setting bar for enormous, monumentally incorrect game-altering calls, and it isn't even remotely close.

The only person?

Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wis. On a third-and-3 play from the Wisconsin 18 in the third quarter, Arizona State QB Steven Threet sees T.J. Simpson open in the end zone. Wisconsin defensive back Niles Brinkley knows he's beat. So before the ball arrives, he shoves Simpson out of the end zone.

The side judge, a Big Ten official, is standing there staring at the play. It is textbook pass interference. No judgment is required. There is zero ambiguity. And there is no flag.

Wrote ESPN.com Big Ten blogger Adam Rittenberg at the time, "Wisconsin cornerback Niles Brinkley seemed fortunate to avoid a pass-interference penalty on the play, as he never turned around for the ball."

Wisconsin went on to win 20-19 when it blocked the Sun Devils' game-tying PAT attempt.

After the game, Sun Devils fans were enraged by the Big Ten officiating. They also didn't like a dubious block-in-the-back call that negated Jamal Miles' 80-yard punt return for a touchdown. They hurled a box full of angry mail my way.

They cried conspiracy. They wanted blood. They were robbed because of home cooking from Big Ten officials!

They sounded exactly like Wisconsin fans do now, though they didn't get much attention outside the Phoenix/Tempe area.

Just shut up. You are too stupid to communicate.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not joking at all. Do you think for a second he really believes ASU was robbed in 2010 based on one picture of a third quarter PI he saw on the ESPN PAC blog? Of course he doesn't. The only reason he's bringing it up is to piss us off. It's not a good faith argument. It's trolling.

It's not trolling reviewing controversial games. I've never said they were worse than what we've recently seen. It's not my fault you clowns don't have reading comprehension, it's not me who ranked the 'omg worse game ever' as 7th all time, I can't help it that it's 1st in your opinion.

Re-register and change your name to stupid.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person?

Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wis. On a third-and-3 play from the Wisconsin 18 in the third quarter, Arizona State QB Steven Threet sees T.J. Simpson open in the end zone. Wisconsin defensive back Niles Brinkley knows he's beat. So before the ball arrives, he shoves Simpson out of the end zone.

The side judge, a Big Ten official, is standing there staring at the play. It is textbook pass interference. No judgment is required. There is zero ambiguity. And there is no flag.

Wrote ESPN.com Big Ten blogger Adam Rittenberg at the time, "Wisconsin cornerback Niles Brinkley seemed fortunate to avoid a pass-interference penalty on the play, as he never turned around for the ball."

Wisconsin went on to win 20-19 when it blocked the Sun Devils' game-tying PAT attempt.

After the game, Sun Devils fans were enraged by the Big Ten officiating. They also didn't like a dubious block-in-the-back call that negated Jamal Miles' 80-yard punt return for a touchdown. They hurled a box full of angry mail my way.

They cried conspiracy. They wanted blood. They were robbed because of home cooking from Big Ten officials!

They sounded exactly like Wisconsin fans do now, though they didn't get much attention outside the Phoenix/Tempe area.

I love it that you are quoting Ted Miller about ASU's reaction after the game. If only there were some person in this thread who went to that game. If only he hung out on State Street with many ASU fans after the game. If that were true, then maybe that person would be able to confirm or deny whether Ted Miller is full of shit.

What's that? I went to that game. And I hung out on State Street. And the only reaction I heard was a bunch of "good games." And most of their anger was directed at the "bad luck" of not scoring on the kickoff return they ran back to the one to end the half.

Oh, then that means that Ted Miller is full of shit, doesn't it? Go ahead and ask Badger fan if we lost because of "bad luck." Look on the internet for tons of threads on every board about how we were robbed. Notice the complete lack of these threads for ASU-Wisconsin 2010. Google search them. You won't find them anywhere besides on ASU boards in the last sixth months. And that is part of an attempt to rile up their fanbase by creating a faux controversy. They've said as much on Badger boards.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it that you are quoting Ted Miller about ASU's reaction after the game. If only there were some person in this thread who went to that game. If only he hung out on State Street with many ASU fans after the game. If that were true, then maybe that person would be able to confirm or deny whether Ted Miller is full of shit.

What's that? I went to that game. And I hung out on State Street. And the only reaction I heard was a bunch of "good games." And most of their anger was directed at the "bad luck" of not scoring on the kickoff return they ran back to the one to end the half.

Oh, then that means that Ted Miller is full of shit, doesn't it? Go ahead and ask Badger fan if we lost because of "bad luck." Look on the internet for tons of threads on every board about how we were robbed. Notice the complete lack of these threads for ASU-Wisconsin 2010. Google search them. You won't find them anywhere besides on ASU boards in the last sixth months. And that is part of an attempt to rile up their fanbase by creating a faux controversy. They've said as much on Badger boards.

Is espnB1G blogger Adam Rittenberg full of shit too?

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person?

Calling this article "journalism" is a complete joke. Sounds exactly like a fan piece from Bleacher Report. :laugh3: Reposting the same BS article over and over isn't gonna magically make your argument right.

Comparing the two plays is laughable, especially when we had a few plays go against us in 2010 too.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is espnB1G blogger Adam Rittenberg full of shit too?

That pass interference in the third quarter was a bad call. Nobody is debating that. We still would have won that game if you hand ASU four extra points. Their defense was gassed at the end of the game. They had several chances to stop our offense. They knew we were going to run John Clay and James White down their throats. Yet we still made it with ease to the ASU 15 yard line with 1:30 left. We took knees there, but we would have scored otherwise. Everybody who saw the game (unlike you) knows this.

And the refs on the whole were even that game. ASU held Watt all game long, with no calls. At the end of the first half, they refused to leave the field after the kick return to the one (despite it being the right call). There were no ejections. There wasn't even a personal foul for one of the most unsportsmanlike acts I have ever witnessed in person.

Just admit that you: A. Didn't see the game, and B. Have no evidence that it was considered a robbery by ASU fans when it happened. If you want to troll people about the perceptions ASU fans at the game, you should probably save it for a thread where you aren't talking to people who were at the game.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pass interference in the third quarter was a bad call. Nobody is debating that. We still would have won that game if you hand ASU four extra points. Their defense was gassed at the end of the game. They had several chances to stop our offense. They knew we were going to run John Clay and James White down their throats. Yet we still made it with ease to the ASU 15 yard line with 1:30 left. We took knees there, but we would have scored otherwise. Everybody who saw the game (unlike you) knows this.

And the refs on the whole were even that game. ASU held Watt all game long, with no calls. At the end of the first half, they refused to leave the field after the kick return to the one (despite it being the right call). There were no ejections. There wasn't even a personal foul for one of the most unsportsmanlike acts I have ever witnessed in person.

Just admit that you: A. Didn't see the game, and B. Have no evidence that it was considered a robbery by ASU fans when it happened. If you want to troll people about the perceptions ASU fans at the game, you should probably save it for a thread where you aren't talking to people who were at the game.

So when I said I was reviewing game controversies and that game came up in my research I have to say it wasnt controversial? I have to agree with you, a Badger fan?

I don't think thats how it works.

No I didn't see the game, I havent seen many of the games I looked at. But they all came up as controversial when researching it.

And my research shows that my point of the difference between pac officials stupidity and other conferences is that the pac addresses theirs with reprimands and sanctions.

Sure you can say your officials were never reprimanded for their poor performance, but thats the point.

Even in the link I provided most of the top 10 were not from the pac. Sorry that your current hard on for pac officiating has blinded you.

Were those other crews sanctioned/reprimanded?

If not, my initial point is quite valid.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record. It is up to the booth to call down for replays.

Was that a B1G crew upstairs?

They can call down. Yea. But nobody knew what the call on the field was, and nobody was expecting pure stupidity. Then it was over and nobody could say boo.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did this come up in any research as a controversial game? It's not on any controversial games list. You can't find reference to the supposed controversy. I am literally looking for an article that calls it controversial, and none of them do. The only thing you can point to is an article by a famous PAC homer which people who were there are telling you is false. You're lying now, but it seems to be your thing.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did this come up in any research as a controversial game? It's not on any controversial games list. You can't find reference to the supposed controversy. I am literally looking for an article that calls it controversial, and none of them do. The only thing you can point to is an article by a famous PAC homer which people who were there are telling you is false. You're lying now, but it seems to be your thing.

Lying about what? I provided a source for the claim it was controversial.

You disagreeing with that source does not make me a liar. The degree of controversy does not make me a liar.

I suppose YOU are a liar because you believe the Oklahoma-Oregon game was the worst ever, even though I provided a link listing it as 7th all time.

Like I said earlier, re-register with the new name of Stupid.