• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC12 Commish Scott, reprimands officials

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is a 75 post thread about whether there are bad calls in college football games? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which conference's officials have made such horrible, inept mistakes like the PAC did in UW-ASU and OU-UO?

The B1G for one.

They robbed ASU of their victory in Madison in 2010. I guess this years charade can be chalked up to karma.

Here is what I am disagreeing with. You claim that the ASU-Wisconsin 2010 game was as ineptly officiated as UW-ASU or OU-UO.

When called out, your sole argument is based on one article pointing out a third quarter pass interference and claiming (incorrectly) that ASU fans were angry over a block in the back call on a return.

The evidence does not even come close to supporting your claim. You can call me stupid all you want, but its clear that you are making a desperate attempt to cover up that you can't defend your trolling.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I am disagreeing with. You claim that the ASU-Wisconsin 2010 game was as ineptly officiated as UW-ASU or OU-UO.

When called out, your sole argument is based on one article pointing out a third quarter pass interference and claiming (incorrectly) that ASU fans were angry over a block in the back call on a return.

The evidence does not even come close to supporting your claim. You can call me stupid all you want, but its clear that you are making a desperate attempt to cover up that you can't defend your trolling.

Of course he also sited the Ohio State vs Miami game in his tirade over B1G officiating when that game obviously wasn't going to be officiated by B1G officials.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he also sited the Ohio State vs Miami game in his tirade over B1G officiating when that game obviously wasn't going to be officiated by B1G officials.

You mean when I said this?

There's plenty more out there including tOSU BCS title victory over Miami (though I don't know where the officials came from in that one).

Idiots.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when I said this?

There's plenty more out there including tOSU BCS title victory over Miami (though I don't know where the officials came from in that one).

Idiots.

What "Idiot" thinks that the NCAA would allow a team to have their own conferences officials in the title game? You spent that entire post railing against B1G officials. So maybe if you didn't have your head up your ass you would have not been dumb enough to put that in the middle of two other "controversies". You state that there are "hundreds and hundreds" of controversies surrounding the BigTen officials and can only come up with two and one has absolutely nothing to do with Big Ten officials. Bravo troll, bravo.

"Idiot"

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you're welcome to disagree. I posted the source citing the angst with ASU fans at the time of the game. The no call PI and additional phantom calls in the 2010 game had game changing consequences. Thats pretty inept officiating. As bad as what we recently witnessed? You're right, probably not. Considering the end game fiasco and the horrible replay booth decisions when they were in fact called upon. Giving Duckworth the reception when he was clearly out of bounds.

No, you're right it wasn't as bad as all of that.

Reviewing poorly officiated games is not trolling. You think and have thought since the latest debacle that anyone questioning B1G officiating is trolling.

I call you stupid because you are. Warned and tempbanned for reviewing poorly officiated games and daring to think pac officials are no worse than any other?

Your suggestion to tempban me illustrates your stupidity.

You are more than welcome to prove me wrong on my point that the difference between the conferences poorly officiated games is that the pac takes actions with reprimands and sanctions. Just use the top 10 list I provided. Which of those had their officials sanctioned? Which did not?

Also take note that your butthurtness against pac officials is yours alone. Most of the teams in the top 10 are not pac schools.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember several games ASU lost on bull shit. For example, the post Katrina game against LSU. ASU was rolling, but made two terrible mistakes and let LSU back in the game despite functionally dictating the game with their passing attack for the majority of it. LSU gets the ball back with a chance to take the lead. With about a buck 30 left in the game, LSU goes for it on 4th and 10 from about the 40. Jamarcus Russell rolled out to his right, then drifted back and fired up a prayer to Early Doucet for a touch down. Except it wasn't. He got a foot down but never really had possession.
X7OZ3Nr.jpg

It happens. It sucks when it does, but it's not the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "Idiot" thinks that the NCAA would allow a team to have their own conferences officials in the title game? You spent that entire post railing against B1G officials. So maybe if you didn't have your head up your ass you would have not been dumb enough to put that in the middle of two other "controversies". You state that there are "hundreds and hundreds" of controversies surrounding the BigTen officials and can only come up with two and one has absolutely nothing to do with Big Ten officials. Bravo troll, bravo.

"Idiot"

Perhaps you are right. I could have formatted it better. It would save me from having to spoon feed people lacking comprehension skills.

From now on when addressing B1G fans I will use color crayons so you don't get lost.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you are right. I could have formatted it better. It would save me from having to spoon feed people lacking comprehension skills.

From now on when addressing B1G fans I will use color crayons so you don't get lost.

I love the insults about stipidity from a guy whose argument in this thread is that 1 bullshit third quarter pass interference is worse than one bullshit pass interference plus five other PAC officiating mistakes.

I'm pretty certain most four year olds can tell you that six is more than one.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the insults about stipidity from a guy whose argument in this thread is that 1 bullshit third quarter pass interference is worse than one bullshit pass interference plus five other PAC officiating mistakes.

I'm pretty certain most four year olds can tell you that six is more than one.

Earlier in the thread I stated I'm not rating which is worse and which is not, granted I shouldn't have included this one in my response to sox.

Only saying that there was controversy involved and that the game as a whole was poorly officiated.

I've conceded the point that I should have formatted better and that the 2010 ASU/Wisconsin game was not as bad as the latest game.

Now do you want to address my initial statement that sent you on your trolling spree? Which officials in the universally recognized poorly officiated games have been sanctioned, and which have not?

I'm giving you an opportunity here. Prove me wrong. I don't know about all of them myself.

Fetch fido.

:what:Crayola magic:what:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU @ Wisconsin in 2010 wasn't an officiating error, it was just a missed FG by ASU. Lucky for Wisconsin, sure, but lucky in the way that teams are suppose to get lucky in sports.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were multiple failures, not just those of the PAC refs!! While there is a still picture that shows the Wisky qb's knee clearly on the ground, he did it so quickly that in real time it is difficult to see!! If he had knelt down more definitively, there would be no question. I believe Wisky's coach said that he didn't do it the way that they practice it.

The PAC refs blew the play dead. So even if his knee didn't touch the ground, the whistle had blown, so the play was dead. If they had doubt (which they apparently did) they should have called an officials time out and discussed it among themselves and/or look at the replay!!

The B1G officials were monitoring the replay booth. They should have recognized that what was happening on the field wasn't right and called down to the field that they were reviewing the play!! This could have been done even after time ran out and they could have put the appropriate time back on the clock!!

Bottom line: It's over, the refs screwed up royally (particularly the PAC refs), but it's not like the teams are going to get to replay those 18 seconds!!

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were multiple failures, not just those of the PAC refs!! While there is a still picture that shows the Wisky qb's knee clearly on the ground, he did it so quickly that in real time it is difficult to see!! If he had knelt down more definitively, there would be no question. I believe Wisky's coach said that he didn't do it the way that they practice it.

The PAC refs blew the play dead. So even if his knee didn't touch the ground, the whistle had blown, so the play was dead. If they had doubt (which they apparently did) they should have called an officials time out and discussed it among themselves and/or look at the replay!!

The B1G officials were monitoring the replay booth. They should have recognized that what was happening on the field wasn't right and called down to the field that they were reviewing the play!! This could have been done even after time ran out and they could have put the appropriate time back on the clock!!

Bottom line: It's over, the refs screwed up royally (particularly the PAC refs), but it's not like the teams are going to get to replay those 18 seconds!!

I don't agree with a USC fan often, but when I do, it's usually because of Wisconsin delusions...:L

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironbreaker = newbie troll.

Still no one cares to tackle my initial assessment of the differences between conference officiating.

The only trolls in this thread are butthurt cheesehead fans.