• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota ranks #15 in the country in Rushing offense and #11 in Total Defense. Not bad after losing it's starting RB and it's #1 back up RB as well. Rush heavy teams with good defenses don't often run up the score on teams.

Minnesota lost to BOWLING GREEN

200.gif

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The magic number for Utah is 3 GO UTES!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that is NOT what I am saying.

The difference is far more than one team, it's SO drastic, the B1G has produced more Top Tens than the PAC has produced Top 25s.

Take OSU out of the picture and the B1G(minus OSU) STILL produced AT LEAST TWICE AS MANY Top Ten ranked teams as the PAC(incl Oregon) from 2015-present. That's a 7 year period, the B1G produced 19 Top Ten teams in those 7 years, compared to just 6 for the PAC. So if I assume OSU made Top Ten each of those 7 years, and subtract those 7, that still leaves the B1G with 12 Top Ten ranked teams compared to just 6 for the PAC. lol

Heck, take out the entire B1G East, and just the B1G West has produced 5 Top Ten teams, just one shy of matching the ENTIRE PAC combined.

The B1G West, whom MJ fan "claims" is the worst division, can almost match the PAC's Top 25 production the last 7 years, too, having produced 14 to the PAC's 17.
You have produced two playoff teams, so what is the point? The conference is Ohio State and a bunch of nobodies except every now and then the weakest division in P5 produces a top 10 team.

Again, go to your other thread if you want to faux brag but you are beyond retarded even putting Minnesota in a conversation with SC.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn's lost ALL FOUR of the RBs that saw action in Game 1 vs OSU.

Yet still rank #15 in the nation in Rushing Offense.

Our #1 back Mohammed Ibrahim towards the end of that game. Our #4 back hit the transfer portal when he figured out he was the #3 guy behind Ibrahim after game 2. Trey Potts, our #2 back, went down in the 5th game vs Purdue, prevented him from getting his 4th 100+ yard rushing game in a row. #3 BW moved up and got 127 yards rushing against Nebraska, but the youngens usurped him against Maryland, as both KT & MI got over 100 yards and BW only 48. BW injured himself on just his 2nd run of the game vs NW, so again the youngens, the only 2 scholarship RBs left on the Gopher roster I believe, again both got over 100 yards rushing.

So that's 5 different Gophers have led the team in rushing, garnering 9 separate 100+ rushing games, and MI got 89 in his first game as Trey's backup vs Colorado, and Potts had 79 in his last game before he left with a season ending injury in the Purdue game.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have produced two playoff teams, so what is the point? The conference is Ohio State and a bunch of nobodies except every now and then the weakest division in P5 produces a top 10 team.

Again, go to your other thread if you want to faux brag but you are beyond retarded even putting Minnesota in a conversation with SC.
So you calling WSU a nobody then?

Because without OSU, the rest of the B1G STILL produced TWICE as many Top Ten teams as the entire PAC, the last 7 seasons.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That "weakest division in P5" has produced just 1 shy of just as many Top Ten's as the ENTIRE PAC CONF has produced in the last 7 years, you idiot.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pac North definitely makes a better argument for weakest division in P5, what with only producing 10 Top 25 teams the last 7 years compared to 14 for the B1G West, and that # should increase to 15 or 16 for the B1G West soon. Can't say the same for the PAC North.

Now Georgia's Division is honestly pretty weak, with Vandy, So Car, Mizzou, Tennessee and Kentucky but the SEC teams always get overrated, so UF/UG alone I'd still figure the PAC North beats them out for worst Division in P5.

But wait, there might be a worse Div? With Miami sucking, that half of the ACC sucks pretty hard. UV, VT, UNC, GT, Duke, Pitt? I'd be very surprised if that bunch could muster up more than 10 Top 25s the last 7 years? They are at 7 so far, they'll get to 8 if Pitt moves up into the Top 25.

So there you go buddy, the PAC North is NOT the worst division in the P5, just the 2nd worst. lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference is Ohio State and a bunch of nobodies except every now and then the weakest division in P5 produces a top 10 team.

B1G West teams have won 75 B1G Conference Titles(Neb's won almost 50 Conf Xs? before joining the B1G) & the 7 B1G West teams have also arguably won 34 Natl Titles.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you calling WSU a nobody then?

Because without OSU, the rest of the B1G STILL produced TWICE as many Top Ten teams as the entire PAC, the last 7 seasons.
In terms of blue bloods? Most certainly. Wazzu and Minnesota aren’t even cliff note of blue blood schools. In which you somehow equate Minnesota to even though we have controlled our own destiny in our division for 5 of the past 7 years. Even this year, the north is ours if we wish to take it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac North definitely makes a better argument for weakest division in P5, what with only producing 10 Top 25 teams the last 7 years compared to 14 for the B1G West, and that # should increase to 15 or 16 for the B1G West soon. Can't say the same for the PAC North.

Now Georgia's Division is honestly pretty weak, with Vandy, So Car, Mizzou, Tennessee and Kentucky but the SEC teams always get overrated, so UF/UG alone I'd still figure the PAC North beats them out for worst Division in P5.

But wait, there might be a worse Div? With Miami sucking, that half of the ACC sucks pretty hard. UV, VT, UNC, GT, Duke, Pitt? I'd be very surprised if that bunch could muster up more than 10 Top 25s the last 7 years? They are at 7 so far, they'll get to 8 if Pitt moves up into the Top 25.

So there you go buddy, the PAC North is NOT the worst division in the P5, just the 2nd worst. lol
So the division having 5 out of the 6 teams being ranked in the top 15 means the division is weak? Or are you going to keep pretending divisions have 30 teams to make your point. 90% of the ACC sucks but it is tougher than you B1G division.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G West teams have won 75 B1G Conference Titles(Neb's won almost 50 Conf Xs? before joining the B1G) & the 7 B1G West teams have also arguably won 34 Natl Titles.
Are you really trying to say your division is good because of Nebraska? There isn’t a Nebraska fan alive that will jump into your lame argument and say Nebraska up lifts the division.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "weakest division in P5" has produced just 1 shy of just as many Top Ten's as the ENTIRE PAC CONF has produced in the last 7 years, you idiot.
Hmm, let’s just see. Just the north alone has produced Oregon, UW, WSU and Stanford as top 10 teams in the past 7 years. Since you are including the whole conference we got SC and the Rosen Bruins, can’t confirm it because I am lazy but I would assume ASU was top 10 at one time. Is there 8 teams in your division or did I miss something?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I want SC just to hire Fleck to get this troll off of our board.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been temp-banned before for derailing threads. Maybe it's time a mod made it permanent (at least from the CFB board).
You are pathetic, it was probably YOU that couldn't resist taking some lame shot at Minnesota, just because it's who you are, you are compelled by something about you, your just being a loser is my guess, and then when I respond and win the argument, you whine and cry and beg the mods to ban me. Why? Not because I derail threads, because YOU WANT TO rip on Minnesota without my being able to respond.

It's simple. I made one reference to Minnesota and several of you made cracks about how unworthy Minnesota was to be even mentioned in the same thread that the SC head coaching vacancy was being talked about, and how unworthy the B1G West Division was. So I simply responded with how UMn snagged Fleck, showing the job had to be a pretty good one to snag such a prized catch, and I said that Minnesota's stadium could be expanded easily to as big as SC's is, eliminating that supposed advantage with the SC job, and I also mentioned that to show how schools like OSU, Michigan and PSU have the advantage over SC in this regard. Then I showed how Minnesota has performed as well as SC the past several years, to take that supposed advantage away. Then I showed how pathetic the PAC North was compared to the B1G West, the last 7 years, in response to you all trying to falsely claim the B1G West was the worst division in the P5. And this is the PAC thread, so that is on topic.

WHY? Why is the PAC North so bad? And why is the PAC South even worse, at least recently?

These are on topic, and they relate to the SC job as it's value as a job has to have decreased with the de-valuation of the conference and also the devaluation of living in California, especially big cities like LA and SF. The B1G and SEC have gotten way ahead of the PAC in the TV contract game, and the ACC probably will as well. Combine that with the time zone thing that leaves so many PAC games on way too late at night, and we can start to see how the PAC has started to slip as a conference, first in cbb, and now in cfb.

Rising recruiting rankings combined with good coaching combined with BIG money from TV deals for being in the B1G, all have the B1G West on the rise. Iowa's got Ferentz, Wisco's had a string of quality coaches,, Minnesota now has Fleck, Nebraska has Frost, Purdue has Brohm I think, and all of those have seen recruiting improve over the last 8+ years.

So any other reasons why the SC job may not be as great as you all think it is? Well, competition for recruits. It's becoming more and more of the desire of people in general to get the fuck out of California, and the exodus out of COMMIEfornia would be seen as more drastic if many of those leaving weren't being replaced by immigration into Cali, but it's football playing families leaving Cali and non-football playing types moving in, so that leaves fewer local recruits to divide up among the many cfb playing colleges in California. And I'm not trying to bring in politics where it has no relevance, but Cali's far far FAR leftist political bent has to be hurting the PAC Conference as a whole, as California policies do affect California students on occasion, and California school staffs, too. And with California schools making up such a big chunk of the PAC, it's bound to have a negative effect. Tax rates, a truly political thing, comes into play when a coach is deciding on where to coach. If USC is offering them 10 mil a year, and Texas or Florida offer them just 8 mil a year, they'll come out financially ahead taking the UT or the UF jobs, as less of their pay will be taken in taxes and the cost of living in both of those states is less than in Cali.

So, see, not off topic at all.

You mentioned SC, UMn got mentioned, you all ripped on UMn as unworthy, I pointed out how much worse the PAC North is than the B1G West, but even more relevant is how when I pointed out how much worse the one half of the ACC is in comparison, and pointed out how the PAC North was only the 2nd worst division in the P5, I was wrong, because the PAC South has been EVEN WORSE. Since 2015, the PAC South has only had ONE Top Ten ranked team and 7 Top 25 ranked teams. That's tied for the WORST of any other P5 Division out there.

So the PAC has the worst and the 3rd worst Divisions in cfb the past 7 seasons. Combined as a conference it's easily the WORST of the P5 Conferences.

So why again is SC so much more of an attractive job opening than Minnesota would be if Fleck bolted?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been temp-banned before for derailing threads. Maybe it's time a mod made it permanent (at least from the CFB board).

it’s ridiculous. Nobody wants to talk about garbage ass Minnesota in a PAC 12 thread. There’s already a thread to lol at Minnesota. Keep this crap in there

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really trying to say your division is good because of Nebraska? There isn’t a Nebraska fan alive that will jump into your lame argument and say Nebraska up lifts the division.
No, you moron, I didn't include any of Nebraska's Conf Titles among the SEVENTY-FIVE B1G Conf Titles B1G West teams have won.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it’s ridiculous. Nobody wants to talk about garbage ass Minnesota in a PAC 12 thread. There’s already a thread to lol at Minnesota. Keep this crap in there
Then tell your fellow Duck fans to stop ripping on Minnesota in threads you don't want to hear about Minnesota.

Tell your fellow Duck fans to stop trying to claim the B1G West is the worst Div in P5, when it's not, and BOTH Divisions in the PAC are worse.

They bring it onto themselves dude.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, let’s just see. Just the north alone has produced Oregon, UW, WSU and Stanford as top 10 teams in the past 7 years. Since you are including the whole conference we got SC and the Rosen Bruins, can’t confirm it because I am lazy but I would assume ASU was top 10 at one time. Is there 8 teams in your division or did I miss something?
You did miss something, neither ASU or UCLA even cracked the Top 25 in the last 7 years, much less the top 10.

And you named 4 PAC North teams who cracked the Top Ten? Well, lets see here, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northwestern have all finished Top Ten in the last 7 years, and our 14 Top 25 finishes DOUBLES what the PAC South has done(7), and topped the North's 10 Top 25s.