• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because they figure if they went to Wazzou...they suck. :heh:
Still remember our best class ever was 2004 and basically all were verbally committed to SC but you guys either pulled their scholarships or some bs us fans were sold. Surprisingly I think all but 5 were in either in jail or couldn’t spell their name come the start of the 2005 season. That is my excuse for 2008 but hey, at least we didn’t go 0-12 like another university full of douchebags I know of.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford Ducks game is a good one. Stanford up at halftime, but Ducks come back in their 3rd to tie it. CJ Verdell taken on a cart to the locker room with a serious looking ankle injury. Doesn't look good. Oregon LB Sewell looks like he has a bad injury to his left arm on a play just now and out as well. That doesn't look good as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewell back in playing. Must of just lost some feeling for a minute or something.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iBaC4X2.gif

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I'd say it's surprising that we're through 5 games and there are no undefeated teams left, but we're through 5 weeks and there are only 3 teams that have only 1 loss. Gonna be that sort of year.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what to make of Stanford. Like, I think we should kick their ass. But then they fucked up USC and beat Oregon.

This could be a big let down after seemingly finally getting it together against UCLA. Kinda cautiously optimistic- I'd like to see the passing game really go off. I think we might have the best offense and the best overall defense in the conference, but feel like we're still going to fuck up and wind up 9-3 or something.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what to make of Stanford. Like, I think we should kick their ass. But then they fucked up USC and beat Oregon.

This could be a big let down after seemingly finally getting it together against UCLA. Kinda cautiously optimistic- I'd like to see the passing game really go off. I think we might have the best offense and the best overall defense in the conference, but feel like we're still going to fuck up and wind up 9-3 or something.

The difference between ASU and Oregon is ASU has a QB that can make down field passes. ASU's biggest problem is ASU. Only way they lose to Stanford is if they beat themselves like they did against BYU.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between ASU and Oregon is ASU has a QB that can make down field passes. ASU's biggest problem is ASU. Only way they lose to Stanford is if they beat themselves like they did against BYU.
"ASU's biggest problem is ASU" is the best way to sum up the program. It should be a perennial top 25 and occasional top 10/contender type team, but it's ASU. Someday we'll put it together. 1 or 2 big years in a row and the program will roll.

DieSonneTeufeln

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ASU's biggest problem is ASU" is the best way to sum up the program. It should be a perennial top 25 and occasional top 10/contender type team, but it's ASU. Someday we'll put it together. 1 or 2 big years in a row and the program will roll.
All too often we’re just not allowed to have nice things.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU still hasn't really had a "put it altogether" game in my opinion, at least not for a full 4 quarters, but it's hard to complain much when you're still winning by 3 scores.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a whole bunch of tight lines for this week.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ASU -1 is gunna need to change to a +7 shit they don’t play well in cold weather. 37 degrees at kickoff!

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0A3A7628-1203-4BB6-B893-B301D45B4F00.jpegASU WALKING INTO THE SNOW!!!

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we had a 21-7 halftime lead that probably should have been even larger, then got absolutely destroyed and outcoached.

With the recruiting violations on top of it and a Rose Bowl likely out of reach, it's hard to see how Herm and staff keep their jobs. But it then asks the question who can they bring in, who will the AD be doing the hiring, etc. A few stupid COVID violations for unofficials, even if the penalties are relatively weak, are probably going to destroy what was good forward momentum for the ASU program because I don't think Herm and the current AD will survive. Maybe Pierce will, but I suspect he's too tied up into it too.

I suspect the whole ASU athletic department takes a fall. AP has a puncher's chance at surviving just because he's so talented, but there are rumors that he's the one who encouraged the dismissed position coaches into breaching the rules. I thought we'd win our way out of it, but typical ASU. 21-7 halftime, then disaster. Unless they win out and 10-2 is enough for the CCG and Rose Bowl, I'd be shocked if there isn't a whole new thing come Jan. Time to get shitfaced.

I do want to keep the DL coach if everyone else gets fired.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck has happened to Arizona? I think I counted 18 losses in a row? It's been a quite 18 as they've been spread out over three seasons, 7, then 5, now 6, but I used to back and forth with a Zona fan, I imagine he and all Zona fans are taking some time off from talking sports online, lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we had a 21-7 halftime lead that probably should have been even larger, then got absolutely destroyed and outcoached.

With the recruiting violations on top of it and a Rose Bowl likely out of reach, it's hard to see how Herm and staff keep their jobs. But it then asks the question who can they bring in, who will the AD be doing the hiring, etc. A few stupid COVID violations for unofficials, even if the penalties are relatively weak, are probably going to destroy what was good forward momentum for the ASU program because I don't think Herm and the current AD will survive. Maybe Pierce will, but I suspect he's too tied up into it too.

I suspect the whole ASU athletic department takes a fall. AP has a puncher's chance at surviving just because he's so talented, but there are rumors that he's the one who encouraged the dismissed position coaches into breaching the rules. I thought we'd win our way out of it, but typical ASU. 21-7 halftime, then disaster. Unless they win out and 10-2 is enough for the CCG and Rose Bowl, I'd be shocked if there isn't a whole new thing come Jan. Time to get shitfaced.

I do want to keep the DL coach if everyone else gets fired.

I haven't really kept up...how bad do the violations look?

If the violations are relatively minor, they are likely survivable by your AD and Herm with giving up a bowl game or a couple of schollies. Especially if they are self imposed...and the rest of the staff may survive, especially if the ones who did it are already gone.

If they look to be major, then part of any self-imposed sanctions would likely include firing Herm and most, if not all, of his staff.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really kept up...how bad do the violations look?

If the violations are relatively minor, they are likely survivable by your AD and Herm with giving up a bowl game or a couple of schollies. Especially if they are self imposed...and the rest of the staff may survive, especially if the ones who did it are already gone.

If they look to be major, then part of any self-imposed sanctions would likely include firing Herm and most, if not all, of his staff.
How the fuck did you guys lose to Oregon State and Stanford? You route us and it takes really bad QB play from blowing them out.